Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filth Cheap Monitor ~ Or ....?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Stigura

Okay; Circadian, far above, suggests my screen has an HDMI plug hole. My HP has one too.

Can I not just stick my HDMI plugs into those? This is what's confusing me about the Other plug thing that he showed me on Amazon :confused:

I mean; If I need it? I'll buy it. No hesitation. I buy a lot of things. I've got a fuggin drawer full! :D

Actually; I've got some little white box here. That was something to do with something HDMIy. Wonder what that was? I'll dig it out tomorrow and show ye. Be a laugh if it was the equivalent of that thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If you have a HDMI cable then it likely has HDMI plugs at both ends.

The function of the DP to HDMI adapter is to allow you to use that HDMI cable to attach one end to the DP port on the HP.

Oh! Is that what I have behind my screen then?

Okay. If that's what I'll need, I'll get one. Got to have the stuff to do the job. And it's still a hella lot cheaper than the cheapest screen!

Check the cable/s you have and the connectors available to make sure you have the correct information and will be buying the correct adapter.

:confused: And how will I know?

The cable, I see, has " High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet " printed on it.

The (identical) plugs say " HDMI Ver. 1.4 "

Ah! The original order appears to say they're; " High Speed 0.3m 1.4a HDMI Cable 1.4V 1080P HD w/ Ethernet 3D Ready HDTV 30cm "

Probably means about as much to me as " Difenacoum " would to you?

• Advertisement

Check the physical connectors on the cable against the sockets on the PCs.

I expect " Difenacoum " would have similar properties to warfarin.

Matter of degree with modern SGARs. But, that sort of thing I know inside out. It's all natural to me.

But, " 1080P HD w/ Ethernet 3D Ready HDTV " :eek: NOPE!!!

Bottom line is: Ye'd be ill advised to assume I know much more than pressing the button at the start of my day. That Really Is about as much as I know :(

Once learned enough about driving a truck that I was trusted to be left alone all day. Loading it, in a barn. Reversing it out and driving it to the fire site. Off load and drive back in. I did that all day.

But, if it had stopped working ....? I might have found the oil dip stick. I don't even know why I have these leads / plugs. Mate told me to get them, years ago. Can't remember why.

I'll buy things you people tell me to buy too. But, I'm reliant on ye every step of the way for what to do with them.

Now ye see why I'm terrified of losing the internet / touch with this place? If any of ye were within striking distance? I'd quite happily pay ye the going rate to come here and do this for me. So much less grief.

As it is? I feel I'm blindfolded and heading for a mine field :(

Take it This is no use here? I got it, when I got the HDMI cable. Not even sure what we were trying to achieve. It's the 'little white box' I referred to earlier.

P1050431tn.jpg
    What could that have been about :confused:

without seeing the connections I am guessing ........ an adapter to split out analogue audio from the HDMI data?

Ah! That rings a distant bell. I'd got a little TV to PS on? Couldn't hear a thing. There's an audio jack in that box. Seem to remember the idea was to listen on headphones.

Didn't work :rolleyes: Ended up giving the TV away and now I can't use mt PS at all.

I'll send for that thing that goes on the HDMI, tonight. Dunno how long it'll take to arrive. See what happens then, I guess?

• Advertisement

Untitledtn.jpg

Ye know where ye stand with Stigura! ;)

Advertisement