Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attacks in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So you are trying to get this thread started again by other means?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042280

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Verboten!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Verboten!

Das Rite

So you are trying to get this thread started again by other means?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042280

If he is, whats your issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Didnt see that, but if a mod beeds to close. The title of that last ine is quite charged , im not saying who’s doing it , but asking why it is happening , also we have no idea the ethnicity if the artane attackers. Im just wondering why so many so close together and so large scale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Thread wont last long. The rest didn't because of perceived racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

Nothing new about groups of young fella fighting in public .. has been going on for 100s of years .. just with smart phones and social media you are more aware.

So OP in answer to your question .. nothing unusual so a non issue really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I like that your sources are facebook and youtube.

I remember when Travelers were the scourge that society should be fearful of and occasionally the drug gangs when things get heated and there was one summer not too long ago 'scumbags' were turning up at the beaches and causing fights etc. We'd also a spate of teenage gang attacks not so long ago.
    All bad, all legit concerns. FYI: the days of Phil Lynott being one of the few Irish people of colour are long gone. We will see more and more Irish people of colour, that's how the world evolves and has done, it's just more noticeable when the skin is different but it's no invasion or attack on our way of life, it's gurriers being gurriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

This has been going on years.

Sure my own school was featured on Prime Time a few years back because of similiar carry on.

Different groups of young lads getting fun out of battering eachother, it's in our nature unfortunately.

I like that your sources are facebook and youtube.

I remember when Travelers were the scourge that society should be fearful of and occasionally the drug gangs when things get heated and there was one summer not too long ago 'scumbags' were turning up at the beaches and causing fights etc.
    All bad, all legit concerns. FYI: the days of Phil Lynott being one of the few Irish people of colour are long gone. We will see more and more Irish people of colour, that's how the world evolves and has done, it's just more noticeable when the skin is different but it's no invasion or attack on our way of life, it's gurriers being gurriers.

My sources are the journal and the liberal, ive taken from both sides of the bias fence here but its the only places that delivered stories on these events.

Why did you make this a race thing ? Phil lynott has nothing to do with any of this

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    This has been going on years.

Sure my own school was featured on Prime Time a few years back because of similiar carry on.

Different groups of young lads getting fun out of battering eachother, it's in our nature unfortunately.

You know one of the incidents here involved a stabbing which caused life changing injuries, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

@ OP, Ferral youths running amok , its been out of control for a long time.

Look at the state of the behaviour on the trains, staff assaults, large groups of teens drinking, intimidating passengers.

They are using social media to arrange these mass brawls and posting it online to see who can outdo the other group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

You know one of the incidents here involved a stabbing which caused life changing injuries, right?

Sure what's a stab here and there among friends?

kravmaga wrote: »
    @ OP, Ferral youths running amok , its been out of control for a long time.

Look at the state of the behaviour on the trains, staff assaults, large groups of teens drinking, intimidating passengers.

They are using social media to arrange these mass brawls and posting it online to see who can outdo the other group

Outdo each other in organised mass brawls, is there any evidence for this, id rally hope theyre not organising to do this , but if it is the case its even more shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Thread wont last long. The rest didn't because of perceived racism.

Can't be rocking the boat or asking questions now can we.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

My sources are the journal and the liberal, ive taken from both sides of the bias fence here but its the only places that delivered stories on these events.

Why did you make this a race thing ? Phil lynott has nothing to do with any of this

Because it suits the narrative, or rather 'his narrative' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

20 youths involved and a teenager stabbed with life changing injuries. They then all take off in the same direction.

Even by the standard of scum feral behaviour traditionally in Dublin i'd have thought this out of the ordinary to be honest.

If it is being organised online this is a serious problem but should be easy enough for the gardai to track down if it is.

Be stunned if there was no arrests in this case.

Outdo each other in organised mass brawls, is there any evidence for this, id rally hope theyre not organising to do this , but if it is the case its even more shocking

They have Instagram pages dedicated to this nonsense. They even have a name for each gang. It's so cringey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Young men and their hormones/uncontrolled behaviour/parenting (select which applies).

They have Instagram pages dedicated to this nonsense. They even have a name for each gang. It's so cringey.

Like a crappy gang fight club type thing ? Is it drugs territory / football hookiganism or just for the sake of having a scrap

• Advertisement

Like a crappy gang fight club type thing ? Is it drugs territory / football hookiganism or just for the sake of having a scrap

It's just wankerism to he honest. Have a look at Irish drill tv if you have Instagram... then check out ukdrillnet2.0 for a glimpse of what we will have in the future.

London gang culture, except these little pricks arent even fighting over drugs.

Not on instagram but ill check it out, society just gets worse by the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Eircodes, would you believe.

It's scrapping for the sake of it imo.

It's more visible these days due to social media but has always gone on in one way or another, I remember "going to a teenage disco" the next town over down in the boonies as a young lad, I was no more going to the disco - we solely went to fight the young lads from "shelbyville" to prove how much hardier we were.

Just young lads being dopes, shame they can't leave the blades at home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gang attacks? Why are you trying to make it in to something its not?

Group of lads have a fight is not a gang roaming around attacking people.

Group of lads have a fight

A knife as the weapon of choice. Glad you are so casual about it.

I'm sure the disfigured teenager also thinks it was a good old scrap.

Group of lads have a fight is not a gang roaming around attacking people.

Well according to some posters here its gangs in the ‘irish drill scene’ or gangs on instagram organising to fight other gangs. The journal used the word gangs , that word has more connotations beyond the compton 80s scene.

A knife as the weapon of choice. Glad you are so casual about it.

I'm sure the disfigured teenager also thinks it was a good old scrap.

I'd say facial scarring for life by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

20 youths involved and a teenager stabbed with life changing injuries. They then all take off in the same direction.

Even by the standard of scum feral behaviour traditionally in Dublin i'd have thought this out of the ordinary to be honest.

It's not though. Often the victims won't even cooperate with Gardaí in these cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

If it is being organised online this is a serious problem but should be easy enough for the gardai to track down if it is.

Be stunned if there was no arrests in this case.

There was 20 Garda cars and a helicopter at the red cow incident.

Outrageous utilization of valuable key resources.

• Advertisement

It's not though. Often the victims won't even cooperate with Gardaí in these cases.

Out of 20 you will get more than one shrinking violet i'm sure who'll fess up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement