Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attacks in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Out of 20 you will get more than one shrinking violet i'm sure who'll fess up.

One with an outstanding warrant or previous suspended conviction will be levered to give somebody up to keep themselves sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Out of 20 you will get more than one shrinking violet i'm sure who'll fess up.

I'm talking about the victims themselves. They refuse to cooperate and so there is little chance of a prosecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There was 20 Garda cars and a helicopter at the red cow incident.

Outrageous utilization of valuable key resources.

You definitely know there were 20 garda cars? Numbers from 15 to 30 are thrown around so its obvious people are just picking numbers. From the video it looked like about 20 actual Gardai. not 20 cars full of them like is being inferred.

The whole thing is about scaremongering as much as possible. Only videos of black people spring up, numbers quoted, be it participants , gardai etc pushed up and up. All trying to tell us how society is collapsing around us and blame immigrants.
    EDIT: the video of the Garda cars on the naas road hadnt been put on here before afaik. That one is fair enough. The initial video from the car park showed about 20 gardai.

My anecdotal evidence is Clondalkin. The gangs of kids hanging around causing trouble are 99% white.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

20 youths involved and a teenager stabbed with life changing injuries. They then all take off in the same direction.

Even by the standard of scum feral behaviour traditionally in Dublin i'd have thought this out of the ordinary to be honest.

If it is being organised online this is a serious problem but should be easy enough for the gardai to track down if it is.

Be stunned if there was no arrests in this case.

I’m not a million miles away from Artane and as long as I’ve know it it has always been a really quiet, middle class, normal, relaxed and quite mature area... it’s a pity... I’m looking at my own area... similar enough in terms of age, many older people and not a million miles away, but you start wondering if and when, with the population here aging and dying, property changing hands, what are the chances of feral scumbags like this taking root in the communities, growing up and causing similar havoc, violence etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

You definitely know there were 20 garda cars? Numbrs from 15 to 30 are thrown around so its obvious people are just picking numbers. From the video it looked like about 20 actual Gardai. not 20 cars full of them like is being inferred.

https://twitter.com/EmmaMurphy12150/status/1212774481875390471?s=19

Judge for yourself. I reckon 30+

Not just a simple schoolboy fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Outdo each other in organised mass brawls, is there any evidence for this, id rally hope theyre not organising to do this , but if it is the case its even more shocking

Its common knowledge, the dogs in the street know, you must be very naive or are living with cotton wool surrounding you.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There was 20 Garda cars and a helicopter at the red cow incident.

Outrageous utilization of valuable key resources.

You can't really judge an incident by the amount of cars there. That just means they weren't busy that night. All Gardaí will respond to a brawl if they are free and nearby and the Red Cow is on the border of 4 different districts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

I like that your sources are facebook and youtube.

I remember when Travelers were the scourge that society should be fearful of and occasionally the drug gangs when things get heated and there was one summer not too long ago 'scumbags' were turning up at the beaches and causing fights etc. We'd also a spate of teenage gang attacks not so long ago.
    All bad, all legit concerns. FYI: the days of Phil Lynott being one of the few Irish people of colour are long gone. We will see more and more Irish people of colour, that's how the world evolves and has done, it's just more noticeable when the skin is different but it's no invasion or attack on our way of life, it's gurriers being gurriers.

Anyone with an Irish mother or father or who is adopted is Irish: people who came or were brought here on the basis of bogus asylum claims, sham marriages and language schools that are basically a front for people to come and work are invaders and are not Irish. I'm not going to assume that this is the case with the people in the specific cases mentioned by OP but clearly there is a significant problem.

kravmaga wrote: »
    Its common knowledge, the dogs in the street know, you must be very naive or are living with cotton wool surrounding you.

It's also been going on for decades but often unreported. A lot of the time it just ends up in shouting and pushing but now and again something will escalate a situation between two gangs and it will get bad real quick. There was some stuff posted from Cherry Orchard a few months back on Twitter. A few videos of minor brawls and then a video of a chap with a stab wound in his cheek. I think I saw it in the gangland shootings thread too.

You can't really judge an incident by the amount of cars there. That just means they weren't busy that night. All Gardaí will respond to a brawl if they are free and nearby and the Red Cow is on the border of 4 different districts.

Yes you can, more then 20 Garda vehicles as seen in the video won’t be assigned to four lads having a row in a nightclub.... that must be around 50 Gardai... a couple of lads rowing over a girl outside a chipper isn’t going to get that sort of response either. That’s serious.

• Advertisement

Not on instagram but ill check it out, society just gets worse by the week

nearly 20 years ago there were groups of young lads organising fights on BEBO, nothing has changed except we have a few more young people with different colour skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

bubblypop wrote: »
    nearly 20 years ago there were groups of young lads organising fights on BEBO, nothing has changed except we have a few more young people with different colour skin.

Why are you the second poster determined to make this about race , were discussing possibly organised violent incidents by gangs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I and many others posted over the last few years about certain areas of London and Paris where ethnic groups in close proximity to each other leads to massive civil unrest the Paris Muslim riots were a particular hot point for discussion.

Strumms wrote: »
    Yes you can, more then 20 Garda vehicles as seen in the video won’t be assigned to four lads having a row in a nightclub.... that must be around 50 Gardai... a couple of lads rowing over a girl outside a chipper isn’t going to get that sort of response either. That’s serious.

Gardai are guilty of 'rubbernecking' also, if it's a quiet night & they hear a call for a row/fight somewhere, then yea, they will go along, see whats happening, maybe pull a few lads out etc.

Why are you the second poster determined to make this about race , were discussing possibly organised violent incidents by gangs here.

I haven't made it about race, I said this type of thing has always happened, it is exactly the same except we have a few more people of different colour now.
    That isn't about race, it is merely a fact.

That's not how the dispatch system works. A public order incident in progress will ask for any available units to assist. That's why some of those vehicles are traffic units and unmarked units as well as regular cars. The reality is, everyone responds to a scrap. Also, I haven't mentioned two lads in a chipper or 4 lads in a club. I don't doubt there was probably quite a few involved. What I'm saying is you cannot judge how serious an incident was by how many Gardaí responded to it. They respond before they've seen the incident. They only have the 999 call to judge it by.

I and many others posted over the last few years about certain areas of London and Paris where ethnic groups in close proximity to each other leads to massive civil unrest the Paris Muslim riots were a particular hot point for discussion.

Good for you. Here is your gold star and smiley face sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

No need to be like that, he was right and I'm sure many a clown tried telling him it wouldnt happen here and that he was a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My anecdotal evidence is Clondalkin. The gangs of kids hanging around causing trouble are 99% white.
    white kids? in north western europe? goway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I’m not a million miles away from Artane and as long as I’ve know it it has always been a really quiet, middle class, normal, relaxed and quite mature area... it’s a pity... I’m looking at my own area... similar enough in terms of age, many older people and not a million miles away, but you start wondering if and when, with the population here aging and dying, property changing hands, what are the chances of feral scumbags like this taking root in the communities, growing up and causing similar havoc, violence etc...

I'm from Artane and most of the houses are being bought by I would say middle class types with kids with Irishy names like Oisin and Sadhbh etc, at least in the part I grew up in. So you needn't worry. Then again when I was a kid growing up there there were often fights, drugs, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Seeing so many people on twitter spread anti migration hate because of this it is truly disgusting, thankfully they are a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Once again, we have the usual bunch of posters more outraged that people are expressing concern over what seems to be escalating reports of violence in the minority communities, rather than the violence itself.

"But.. But.. We had the same problem in the 70s/80s/90s....sure that place has always been a kip.. How dare you mention that these guys are black!" :rolleyes:

Your virtue signalling, head in sand, nonsense and whataboutery is wasted on those whose lives are directly impacted by these gangs, or those who are concerned about what this means for our society going forward.

Absolutely do and did we have problems within the "white Irish community" as well, and absolutely should those problems be decisively dealt with (something our police force and justice system has proven to be woefully ill-equipped to do), but we won't solve the problem by ignoring it, or importing the more serious problems of other countries under the notion of diversity and multiculturalism.

Nor too are we helping ourselves by ignoring the very real problems seen in the UK and parts of Europe where this "experiment" is further down the track. Just because some people think that "everyone loves the Irish" or "we're saving these people" or whatever ideal they cling to, doesn't mean that those same problems won't happen here! Videos like those above prove it's already starting!

I've said before that immigration and the resultant effects will be a key issue in this country in the coming years. Even more so when people like Simon Coveney (as referenced by someone in the previous thread) have publicly stated their intent to accelerate the process. This is a man who many seem to think would be "better" at the helm of FG.
    Of course the other mainstream parties are no different but this is why it's important that anyone who shares these concerns makes them known during the upcoming election when the politicians come knocking.

As I have also said many times before too - immigration is a good thing so long as it positively benefits the host country and existing communities. If you come here legally, with needed skills to offer and the ability to support yourself, and integrate positively into your new home - welcome!
    If however you arrive hidden in the back of a container, via several other safe countries, have no verifiable ID and history, or will be a drain and negative impact on OUR country - then back where you came from!

We absolutely do not need to be importing or encouraging through inaction (partly caused by the likes of the posters I refer to screaming "racist" at everyone) violent African (or any other!) gangs to take root in our towns and cities. It's easy to virtue signal when you're not affected by it or have the resources to move elsewhere - but it's a living hell for those who don't have that option.

And ultimately that is what counts here - not identity politics and social justice crusading.

TL;DR: Ignoring problems won't make them go away. Importing the problems of others won't improve the situation either. If you are concerned about it, make sure you tell your local TD when they show up at the door in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

Im 31 now but we use to do this when we were teenagers in the coolock harmondtown areas cant remember anyone getting stabbed tho.

That's not how the dispatch system works. A public order incident in progress will ask for any available units to assist. That's why some of those vehicles are traffic units and unmarked units as well as regular cars. The reality is, everyone responds to a scrap. Also, I haven't mentioned two lads in a chipper or 4 lads in a club. I don't doubt there was probably quite a few involved. What I'm saying is you cannot judge how serious an incident was by how many Gardaí responded to it. They respond before they've seen the incident. They only have the 999 call to judge it by.

Some fûcking system, when my mate and I were set upon by some feral junky a few years back in temple bar we couldn’t even get one car... he ended up with his jaw smashed and needing surgery, and the tossers we met on foot patrol suggested returning to where it happened, to wait for a car while they minded thin air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Anyone who said this was coming years ago was labeled racist.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Once again, we have the usual bunch of posters more outraged that people are expressing concern over what seems to be escalating reports of violence in the minority communities, rather than the violence itself.

"But.. But.. We had the same problem in the 70s/80s/90s....sure that place has always been a kip.. How dare you mention that these guys are black!" :rolleyes:

Your virtue signalling, head in sand, nonsense and whataboutery is wasted on those whose lives are directly impacted by these gangs, or those who are concerned about what this means for our society going forward.

Absolutely do and did we have problems within the "white Irish community" as well, and absolutely should those problems be decisively dealt with (something our police force and justice system has proven to be woefully ill-equipped to do), but we won't solve the problem by ignoring it, or importing the more serious problems of other countries under the notion of diversity and multiculturalism.

Nor too are we helping ourselves by ignoring the very real problems seen in the UK and parts of Europe where this "experiment" is further down the track. Just because some people think that "everyone loves the Irish" or "we're saving these people" or whatever ideal they cling to, doesn't mean that those same problems won't happen here! Videos like those above prove it's already starting!

I've said before that immigration and the resultant effects will be a key issue in this country in the coming years. Even more so when people like Simon Coveney (as referenced by someone in the previous thread) have publicly stated their intent to accelerate the process. This is a man who many seem to think would be "better" at the helm of FG.
    Of course the other mainstream parties are no different but this is why it's important that anyone who shares these concerns makes them known during the upcoming election when the politicians come knocking.

As I have also said many times before too - immigration is a good thing so long as it positively benefits the host country and existing communities. If you come here legally, with needed skills to offer and the ability to support yourself, and integrate positively into your new home - welcome!
    If however you arrive hidden in the back of a container, via several other safe countries, have no verifiable ID and history, or will be a drain and negative impact on OUR country - then back where you came from!

We absolutely do not need to be importing or encouraging through inaction (partly caused by the likes of the posters I refer to screaming "racist" at everyone) violent African (or any other!) gangs to take root in our towns and cities. It's easy to virtue signal when you're not affected by it or have the resources to move elsewhere - but it's a living hell for those who don't have that option.

And ultimately that is what counts here - not identity politics and social justice crusading.

TL;DR: Ignoring problems won't make them go away. Importing the problems of others won't improve the situation either. If you are concerned about it, make sure you tell your local TD when they show up at the door in the coming months.

How are we "importing" anything if they are acting in the exact same way as white Irish people? Surely that means they are fully integrating? You seem to be setting a higher standard for black people for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Aye, and now they think they're justified in their racist ways cos a few black lads had a scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Sure what's a stab here and there among friends?

Sorry, my mistake so.
    A complete non issue.
    What's your issue, you never heard of youth fighting before?

My secondary school was banned from having a Debs anywhere in Dublin due to years of a bad reputation for causing trouble.
    It's likely not covered much because it's not news sadly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement