Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey's banned

Options
  • 03-01-2020 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

from the oldest record shop in the world.

It's because he supports For Britain, which is the party associated with Tommy Robinson. They were described as Nazis and racists by Nigel Farage. I view Farage as excessively nationalist himself, so if he is saying that about people then there's probably a good reason for it.

Not really what I expected from Mr "the queen is a welfare scrounger and meat is murder" Morrissey. Though it's been obvious he's a wack job for a while now.

Seems to be a thing that occasionally happens musicians who fade from the spotlight. Far right politics is largely about aggrandisement imo so maybe it's an expression of looking for more of that. Billy Corgan is the other one who springs to mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

when liberal leftism becomes mainstream, what's a counter-culturalist to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Record shops are still a thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Heaven knows I'm miserable after reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How soon is now

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not Current Affairs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement