Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these guys dodgy?

• 03-01-2020 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of this website?:

www.cogilium.com.

I stupidly signed onto it a while ago, then when I had suspicions, I requested that they stopped taking direct debits from my account.

I contacted my bank's fraud team, who said that they blocked them from my account.

However, I just logged into my online account and discovered that they have taken another direct debit from my account!!!???
    Has anyone else ever heard of this site?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Have you contacted the company to end, what I assume, is a contract?

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Have you contacted the company to end, what I assume, is a contract?

Yes, I emailed them, and got a reply from them. I assumed that it was sorted, as I also contacted my bank to put a block on the transactions, which I thought they HAD done!?

I emailed them again just now. Hopefully they'll get the message??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yes, I emailed them, and got a reply from them. I assumed that it was sorted, as I also contacted my bank to put a block on the transactions, which I thought they HAD done!?

Did you follow the procedure to close your account?

https://www.cogilium.com/support.html

• Advertisement

Yes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yes

OK and did you get some kind of confirmation once you completed the form. Something you can use to demonstrate that you terminated the account at a given point in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Has anyone ever heard of this website?:

www.cogilium.com.

I stupidly signed onto it a while ago, then when I had suspicions, I requested that they stopped taking direct debits from my account.

I contacted my bank's fraud team, who said that they blocked them from my account.

However, I just logged into my online account and discovered that they have taken another direct debit from my account!!!???
    Has anyone else ever heard of this site?
    Instruct your bank to add the company to your direct debit creditor blacklist. It's likely all they did was cancel the specific direct debit, there's nothing preventing the company just setting up another one.

Note: the bank are legally required to provide the DD creditor blacklist functionality, don't let them fob you off

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement