Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing terminal block in light fitting

Options
  • 03-01-2020 8:10pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,862 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed a light fitting earlier. The new light fitting came with a 5amp terminal block.

However, the light in question was not the last light in the loop, and there were many wires that needed connecting (1 live, 2 neutral, 3 earths off the top of my head). No way were all the wires fitting into the small block. I replaced the terminal block that came with the light with a larger one, rated for 30amps (shop didn't have any 15amp ones).

Google suggests that this is totally fine, but I just want to be doubly sure?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Should be fine, just make sure all the connections are tight and all cables are firmly secured. Keep the connector away from any source of heat

• Administrators Posts: 53,862 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kramer1 wrote: »
    Should be fine, just make sure all the connections are tight and all cables are firmly secured. Keep the connector away from any source of heat

Yup, I tightened as much as possible and gave all the cables a good hard pull to make sure none would come out.

Advertisement