Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vestaria Saga I: War of the Scions - New game from the Fire Emblem Creator

Options
  • 03-01-2020 10:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So this game came out of the blue.

Basically it's a new game from the creator of fire emblem who left after the SNES games. The two SNES games, Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia 776 are supposedly god tier level strategy games up there with Tactics Ogre in terms of narrative and gameplay. Fire emblem then went down a path of.... anime-ification.

Anyway initial reports from the Steam release point to this being a worthy successor to the old Fire Emblem games:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seen that, was thinking of picking it up, have you played it yourself? are the old fire emblem games very different from three houses? that's the only I played.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A title straight from a random JRPG name generator, that :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seen that, was thinking of picking it up, have you played it yourself? are the old fire emblem games very different from three houses? that's the only I played.

Not played it but his previous games, the Tear Ring Saga have been great and this looks pretty much Fire Emblem by a different name. The SNES fire emblem games are amazing.
    A title straight from a random JRPG name generator, that :pac:

Yes unfortunately. You'd half expect a piece of garbage from Kemco. It's very unfortunately named.

Advertisement