Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work a week in advance

Options
  • 04-01-2020 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Good evening, working in same job for approx twenty four years, was told this evening Jan 03/2020 as i was getting paid that there was a note in pay packet to explain that the company was changing methods of doing wages which will now be done in house from accountants office, it also said there will be a 50euro deduction from wages each week from next week until this (week in advance) is in order, was taken aback but did not say anything, any thoughts boardies???? or should i seek advice????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Seek advice.

Maybe job hunt: is the company in trouble and doing this to create cashflow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Am I right in saying that they are trying to implement a week in advance now, after you have worked there for 24 years? Sounds highly unusual at best. Any changes in how payroll is managed should be done with minimal disruption to employees.

Cash flow issues was what I thought of straight away too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

sam ford wrote: »
    Good evening, working in same job for approx twenty four years, was told this evening Jan 03/2020 as i was getting paid that there was a note in pay packet to explain that the company was changing methods of doing wages which will now be done in house from accountants office, it also said there will be a 50euro deduction from wages each week from next week until this (week in advance) is in order, was taken aback but did not say anything, any thoughts boardies???? or should i seek advice????
    Payment of wages act would forbid this unless you specifically agree to it.
    You have to balance now if you want to stir things but you should be able to object to this.

Advertisement