Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing condensate pipe on boiler

Options
  • 04-01-2020 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I noticed that the condensate pipe on my boiler is leaking a bit outside the wall. It seems the connection of the pipe when coming just outside the wall is loose and water is leaking down the wall.
    What is the best way to fix this? Could I just use solvent weld to glue the joints back properly?
    Should I get a plumber to do this instead? Seems an easy thing but looking for advice here.
    image here, water comes down the wall following the green arrow. The pipe on the left is the one that I can move a bit: https://ibb.co/cQP2f73

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Yes solvent for PVC pipe will fix.....

But I would have the size increased and insulated for outdoors, as if we get a cold snap this pipe will likely freeze and condensate will back up into your boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galycos

Thanks!, can't change the pipe size by myself but maybe I can put some pipe insulation around .

Advertisement