Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News dumps in accommodation and property

Options
  • 04-01-2020 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone explain why a poster has been repeatedly allowed to make news dumps or social media dumps litterally copy and paste jobs of people's articles and tweets but poster in question ignores all engagements and attempts at discussion , op has had several threads locked but still regularly posts the same media and social media dumps while ignoring posters attempts to engage in discussion on the said topic,
    Posts and threads have been reported apparently by multiple posters but no change ,

Surely if everyone is allowed just to dump media , social and blogs it leaves no room for any real discussion ,
    I know I've had posts removed from threads that apparently breached copyright (stuff hidden behind paywalls) or similar.

If this is not the place to discuss this further please move to appropriate forum

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback - forum specific issues are dealt with in Help Desk

I'll have a look at any you've reported, but could you also confirm if you've tried discussing this with the local mods

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've had a cursory look at the posts in question. It seems to me the poster is relaying relevant information from the government (which is not copyrighted). The fact the homeless figures are updated monthly and posted in the forum when they are updated seems entirely reasonable. The user is even adding their own charts to show relevant trends. There is also some commentary. It's not as if they are starting new threads every time either.

I am not seeing anything of concern and would indeed suggest it is useful information for that particular forum. If you (and/or others) don't want to read such information it's easy enough not clicking on the relevant thread.

Am I missing something here as it seems very relevant information and the poster seems to be providing a service in terms of their own commentary and the charts they add

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement