Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best broadband?

Options
  • 04-01-2020 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,i live in west wicklow and im wondering if anybody would know the best broadband to go with?.....there are so many options & prices its confusing me a bit.....theres eir,vodafone,sky etc...but i just dont know who to go with?...thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

How would you define best? Reliability, Cost, Customer Service etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 baltoboy

hi jimmy, i mean theres so many options but the most reliable and cheapest i suppose but having said that ive been told to avoid vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

baltoboy wrote: »
    hi jimmy, i mean theres so many options but the most reliable and cheapest i suppose but having said that ive been told to avoid vodafone?

All of the above should give you roughly around the same speed if they are running through the phone line.

Can't comment on Vodafone. Had both Eir and Sky. Didn't have any hassle with either. Currently with VM as its available where I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

I'm living in Bray and we've EIR for broadband and mobile.
    No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

baltoboy wrote: »

I'm in the same position. 12 months contract just ending. I can't get any high speed bb except Imagine and they don't have any customers in my area for me to check with. I'm with Pure Telecom for the last year and they are very reliable and you can talk to them within a minute of making a phone call.

The €35.00 pm that I'm on goes up to €50.00 soon so I'm moving. I would go back to Sky again but they want a €50.00 set up fee. I will absolutely, definitely never go back to Eircon so it looks like the only one left is Vodafone.

Have to been told why you should avoid Vodafone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement