Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in Limerick (again!! )

• 04-01-2020 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I know these threads pop up fairly often, but I haven't seen one too recently and I didn't want to bring one back from the dead.
    I'm looking for a new barber to go to in Limerick, doesn't have to be city centre.
    All recommendations greatly received!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Oscar's in Parkway. Free parking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Sid's in Corbally. Near Ardscoil Mhuire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Best for trimming beards? Find a lot of places hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

leakyboots wrote: »
    Best for trimming beards? Find a lot of places hit and miss

If it's a short beard and only need tidying up then I've found Retro Barber good, good hair cut too. Need to find somewhere that's good with long beards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

If it's a short beard and only need tidying up then I've found Retro Barber good, good hair cut too. Need to find somewhere that's good with long beards though.

Figaros do a great beard trim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Easy, Knights by Lucky Lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Figaros do a great beard trim

I actually ended up there recently after a mess was made of my beard elsewhere and they were fantastic , ill be going back.

Tefral wrote: »
    Oscar's in Parkway. Free parking too.

+1 for Oscars. All sound staff too. I love their blackboard system. Wish all barbers would adopt that system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

+1 for Oscars. All sound staff too. I love their blackboard system. Wish all barbers would adopt that system.

Hows that work then ?

I work out that side could be an option

dashoonage wrote: »
    Hows that work then ?

I work out that side could be an option

Just write your name on the blackboard when you walk in so you and the barber knows whos next. Saves a lot of awkward/dirty looks and faffing about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

dashoonage wrote: »
    I actually ended up there recently after a mess was made of my beard elsewhere and they were fantastic , ill be going back.

Theyre one of the most expensive in town if not they most but you get a very nice cut and the beer helps too 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Theyre one of the most expensive in town if not they most but you get a very nice cut and the beer helps too 😁

You get what you pay for to be honest and all the lads are sound in there. Wouldnt trust any other barber to cut my hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I've had good cuts in Figaro's and Retro barbers, several times each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

keane2097 wrote: »
    I've had good cuts in Figaro's and Retro barbers, several times each.

Both owned by brothers, well I assume Brain and Frank are brothers anyway.

Where in limerick city centre is cheapest for a hot towel shave and haircut and accept card payments cheers

Advertisement