Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

How old is Summer on the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

Has Summer had a personality transplant as well as a head transplant? She was always a sensible girl, kind of goody two shoes, but it looks like she may be a tiny bit more rebellious now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

threetrees wrote: »
    Has Summer had a personality transplant as well as a head transplant? She was always a sensible girl, kind of goody two shoes, but it looks like she may be a tiny bit more rebellious now?

Blame Geraldine.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Todd working with Ray would be good, he can be cunning and sly more than Debbie

When did Carla start calling Johnny, dad? I know he is her dad but afair she called him Johnny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Blame Geraldine.

That's straight grandparents for you. She was a grand little one when the two gay lads had her. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Ray's goon chastising him for being uncautious while she's in and out of his office daily and doing her paperwork in the living room of two of the shmucks whose homes and livelihoods they're wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Did Ray offer Geoff 30k for the house or was that extra? Is the house fully in his name?
    I'm surprised Jenny didn't think to mention to Margaret about Johnny's son dying also.
    Toyah's coat is horrific.. she's wore no other coat since she's been in it.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Did Ray offer Geoff 30k for the house or was that extra? Is the house fully in his name?
    I'm surprised Jenny didn't think to mention to Margaret about Johnny's son dying also.

Toyah is an eco warrior, she wouldn't do the environment a disservice by buying fast fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ann22 wrote: »

30k cash in hand plus sale price I thought :confused:

How can Ray apply for planning permission without fully owning all the properties he needs :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    30k cash in hand plus sale price I thought :confused:

How can Ray apply for planning permission without fully owning all the properties he needs :confused:

The storyline makes no sense whatsoever if you question it even a little bit. Even if Ray owned all the buildings on the street, you can't just unilaterally rezone land meant for residential buildings to commercial. Unless he's just planning on handing out massive brown envelopes to the council too, and it never catching up on him :rolleyes:

Like the street I live on in a suburb of Dublin, the idea of someone buying up all of our houses and then building a Hilton on it is just ridiculous beyond words. Why would anyone even want to stay in a hotel in Weatherfield?! Isn't it meant to be a bit of a dump?

As for the finale of the Oliver storyline on Friday, I don't know how they're possibly going to pull that off without anyone hugging each other. I think the limitations of filming in covid times are really going to be laid bare.

• Advertisement

The social distancing limits are really grating now. Like the above poster says, when the child dies, there will be no grief and hugging!
    Watching supposed household members standing 2 feet apart all the time is getting incredible now.
    It's really sticking out like a sore thumb.

The social distancing limits are really grating now. Like the above poster says, when the child dies, there will be no grief and hugging!
    Watching supposed household members standing 2 feet apart all the time is getting incredible now.
    It's really sticking out like a sore thumb.

They should have Steve, Leanne, Nick and Toyah in a bubble for two weeks before deathbed scene. Then, they could realistically comfort each other. If Strictly can do it, why not Corrie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

Apparently the mother of the actor playing Oliver is playing the part of a nurse so she will be able to hug Oliver and stroke his face and kiss him. However ball the other actors will need to be 2m apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

I've read other shows have managed hugging/kissing scenes by a family member of the actor dressing the same and doing the scene, their face is just not shown
    That would be easy enough to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

As long as the Oliver storyline finishes I don't care how they do it! Its been completely overdone & as for the Yazmeen storyline, it might never end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,798 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know the story for the 60th Anniversary.
    It will probably be Yasmeen.
    However I remember for their 40 anniversary. Didn’t they have a whole story about the cobbles being ripped up and the residents fighting back.
    Could they do similar this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Does anybody know the story for the 60th Anniversary.
    It will probably be Yasmeen.
    However I remember for their 40 anniversary. Didn’t they have a whole story about the cobbles being ripped up and the residents fighting back.
    Could they do similar this time?

Maybe they discover Ray's plans and somehow save the street from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

happyday wrote: »
    Maybe they discover Ray's plans and somehow save the street from them?

Maybe they throw a few Cobbles at ray!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Maybe Spider and Emily will come back and climb a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Well done Steve for telling Leanne how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Leanne over acting is getting tedious to watch. Story line done to death.

Alice1 wrote: »

Don't agree, her acting is sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Leanne’s blood pressure must go through the roof filming those scenes. Even though your brain knows it’s not real but your body doesn’t. She’s been doing it for months now so must be looking forward to it ending.

Alice1 wrote: »

I agree. Her acting is woeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Finally putting the child and viewers out of the child's and our own misery having this never ending storyline with what appears to be an end in sight.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Finally putting the child and viewers out of the child's and our own misery having this never ending storyline with what appears to be an end in sight.

Its tough watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Its tough watching.

Sure it. I don't think I could watch it if I had a child of a similar age.

Fiolina wrote: »
    Sure it. I don't think I could watch it if I had a child of a similar age.

I have a young child but this storyline is not affecting me one bit as I think Leanne is just unbearable. If done properly with decent actors it could have had the right affect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I have a young child but this storyline is not affecting me one bit as I think Leanne is just unbearable. If done properly with decent actors it could have had the right affect.
    I agree, could have been done a lot better . Leannes over acting is brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I just felt relief this storyline is coming to one part of its conclusion.

Hope we don't have to do weeks of mourning now.

Advertisement