Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Jane seems to be a bit of a marmite actress. You either love her or hate her. I thought she was outstanding. Feels weird getting set for the toy show after that. The loss of a child is really the worst thing that could happen to someone. Heartbreaking episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Leanne was shambolic. Steve tried to hold the story together but it focused more on her so that damaged the storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Sarn

What’s the bet Geoff did dump Elaine’s body in the canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Sarn wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought so, I'd say she'll turn up again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Obviously in the minority here but I thought Jane Danson (?) played a blinder. I thought she was brilliantly raw! Faced with telling medics to turn off your child's machines.....yikes I don't think it's possible to over act what that might do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The end part of the actors are all standing on the street away from each other was stupid, they should have used stand in real partners for some hug scenes at least

I think Jane and Ben as Leanne and Nick did a good job in the acting, Simon who plays Steve cannot do emotional dramatic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Sparko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The end part of the actors are all standing on the street away from each other was stupid, they should have used stand in real partners for some hug scenes at least

I think Jane and Ben as Leanne and Nick did a good job in the acting, Simon who plays Steve cannot do emotional dramatic stuff

Yeah I thought we might see someone put an arm around Leanne at Oliver's bedside, a stand-in for Steve or Nick. I've heard of a few of the other soaps using real life family members to get around distancing, shame it couldn't be done here. It's tough trying to film under restrictions so I won't hold it against them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I agree I don’t think Steve is good at emotional dramatic and serious stuff, only good at the comedy stuff. When he was doing the depression storyline , there was something preventing me from connecting with the storyline and think it was him as the actor.

Ray forces Faye to sleep with him, attacks her, similar to Phelan and Anna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ray forces Faye to sleep with him, attacks her, similar to Phelan and Anna

Nooooooo!!!!! Don’t like that at all.

https://youtu.be/JOW9xZXU2Dw

Here it is the big 60th trailer and it all looks amazing.

I’m glad Oliver story is over they dragged it out way to long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Nooooooo!!!!! Don’t like that at all.

That really is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

happyday wrote: »
    Maybe they discover Ray's plans and somehow save the street from them?

Looks like I might be right!

https://youtu.be/JOW9xZXU2Dw

Here it is the big 60th trailer and it all looks amazing.

I’m glad Oliver story is over they dragged it out way to long.

I wonder who dies Ray, Geoff, Debbie or Johnny or someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Obviously in the minority here but I thought Jane Danson (?) played a blinder. I thought she was brilliantly raw! Faced with telling medics to turn off your child's machines.....yikes I don't think it's possible to over act what that might do.

I think her acting was outstanding however I found her difficult to empathise with as she was shrill and aggressive and insisted on attacking everyone around her even though they too were suffering. She behaved as if she had the monopoly on grief and loss in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Agreed Ann. That is exactly what I was thinking! I understand the grief and worry but she was singularly unlikeable. We will have to see how the period of mourning goes.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Agreed Ann. That is exactly what I was thinking! I understand the grief and worry but she was singularly unlikeable. We will have to see how the period of mourning goes.

After the funeral, she won’t be seen for months, with any luck!

After the funeral, she won’t be seen for months, with any luck!

Is Leanne (Jane) leaving?

Is Leanne (Jane) leaving?

No, but usually after an intense story, the main characters take a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,798 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually think they all played their parts very well and were true to their characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

In fairness if I was in her situation I can't even begin to imagine how id be reacting to others. I think her acting was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

I wonder is there ANY chance that Gail might get her fringe cut and that Nick might not look like he's about to poop a hedgehog no matter what the occasion - Leanne was very hard to watch but I must admit I cried at their good bye scenes.

Sarn wrote: »
    Elaine is in a psychiatric hospital as she is afraid of Geoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I actually think they all played their parts very well and were true to their characters.

Jane Danson was amazing playing Leanne. I’d say she was completely wrecked after it. The character is horrible, constantly screeching and giving out but that is Leanne's personality, very draining though for the actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Bad man Ray but come on Faye

rapul wrote: »
    Bad man Ray but come on Faye

Oh, for the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

didn't Ray use the exact same line on someone else in that room with his robe on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Faye you lobotomised eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Oh, for the love of God.

???

Can't believe that just happened

Advertisement