Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ewww this Ray Faye storyline is so gross. I mean, it doesn’t even sound right. FayeRay.

That actor is fitter than I expected though. Or maybe I’ve just been in lockdown too long! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What's the story with the new girl hanging round the pub. Missed all that storyline completely.

Urgh, just googled them both, and the actor who plays Ray is 52, while the actress who plays Faye is 19. :eek: That must have been one storyline where the actors are especially glad there are coronavirus restrictions on contact in place... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

What's the story with the new girl hanging round the pub. Missed all that storyline completely.

Its Jennys step daughter, she arrived the other night and knows all about her and Johnny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

casio4 wrote: »
    didn't Ray use the exact same line on someone else in that room with his robe on?

He tried it on with Michelle and Bethany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,798 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know why but I've a soft spot for Ray for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I don't know why but I've a soft spot for Ray for some reason.

The Bog of Allen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Kevin's sister is no better really

Gary will off Ray next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

casio4 wrote: »
    didn't Ray use the exact same line on someone else in that room with his robe on?

Ya he opened the door to Michelle in his bath robe aswell.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gary will off Ray next

I'm hoping somebody will off Craig but I'll never be that lucky.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya he opened the door to Michelle in his bath robe aswell.

He opened the bathroom door in his dressing gown, I wish I had a back door in mine!

Elaine is in a psychiatric hospital as she is afraid of Geoff

The home for the bewildered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Did Ray rape Faye?

If not, what did he threaten her with to sleep with him???? I don't get it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Did Ray rape Faye?

If not, what did he threaten her with to sleep with him???? I don't get it :confused:

He basically told her if she didn't go along with it she would be back polishing cutlery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

They seem very limited in their storylines & this sort of sexual exploitation one has been done before & that went on for an eternity.

Icsics wrote: »
    They seem very limited in their storylines & this sort of sexual exploitation one has been done before & that went on for an eternity.

We had Bethany, Anna, David and now Faye. Did Ray bribe Abi too?

I’m just really confused obviously it’s inappropriate for him as her manager to invite her to his room in a bathrobe but she had free will to not enter the room even with the treats of being demoted. Like legally had their a crime being committed?

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m just really confused obviously it’s inappropriate for him as her manager to invite her to his room in a bathrobe but she had free will to not enter the room even with the treats of being demoted. Like legally had their a crime being committed?

I was wondering that. I think there's a strong case that he coerced her into having sex, which I think is illegal? She clearly didn't want to but felt she didn't have a choice. Very hard to prove though.

Wasn't luring women he was in a position of power over to his hotel room while wearing a bathrobe the MO of Harvey Weinstein- the situation is completely messed up anyway. Abuse of power plus coercion into sex. I feel Corrie rushed it though.

Shelga wrote: »
    I was wondering that. I think there's a strong case that he coerced her into having sex, which I think is illegal? She clearly didn't want to but felt she didn't have a choice. Very hard to prove though.

Wasn't luring women he was in a position of power over to his hotel room while wearing a bathrobe the MO of Harvey Weinstein- the situation is completely messed up anyway. Abuse of power plus coercion into sex. I feel Corrie rushed it though.

Maybe, just maybe, they’ll follow up and have a storyline about employers abusing their employees like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

It seems it would be sexual coercion. But how would you prove it?

https://sexualhealthdg.co.uk/sexualcoercion.php

Yes but is there not a case for that she could have left , accepted that she would have been demoted and then make a formal complaint to I don’t know employee rights organization, a case of constructive dismissal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Wtf is wrong with Ray?? Wearing a dressing gown is sooo unsexy!! Who wants to see a prospective lover's white hairy inner thighs(?). He could've just opened a few shirt buttons..like his top half looks in fairly good nick.
    Faye is a complete gob****e...she behaves like a 13r old. British 19yr olds are normally a lot more streetwise. He didn't even twist her arm and she leapt into the bath beside him.
    Anyone else bored to tears with the Geoff storyline? I don't really care anymore..Yasmeen is only in the odd scene but she's starting to irritate me again after I pitied her for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ann22 wrote: »
    Wtf is wrong with Ray?? Wearing a dressing gown is sooo unsexy!! Who wants to see a prospective lover's white hairy inner thighs(?). He could've just opened a few shirt buttons..like his top half looks in fairly good nick.
    Faye is a complete gob****e...she behaves like a 13r old. British 19yr olds are normally a lot more streetwise. He didn't even twist her arm and she leapt into the bath beside him.
    Anyone else bored to tears with the Geoff storyline? I don't really care anymore..Yasmeen is only in the odd scene but she's starting to irritate me again after I pitied her for a time.
    Ann, sure Ray thinks he's gorgeous and irresistible! (he's not) Faye is an eejit and didn't want to lose her trainee manager position. I notice she's too good for Craig now.

The Geoff / Yasmeen story has dragged on far too long and too many twists to really follow it or even stay interested. Now Tim's Mam has turned up in a psychiatric ward, so more drama to come.

Paula took 3 months off so she is gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

The Faye/Ray story is absolutely horrible, I wonder is Ray going to blackmail her now into making sure Craig stays on side and Sally and Tim sell up

I am looking forward to the 60th celebration week - hopefully it will wrap up some of the ongoing storylines that are going on far to long at this stage

Shelga wrote: »

Faye didn't seem upset, maybe the actress can't do justice to a storyline like this, she could get another restaurant job, what happened her studies?

Will Debbie be ok with her ex Ray sleeping with young girls?

I wonder will Anna return

Faye didn't seem upset, maybe the actress can't do justice to a storyline like this, she could get another restaurant job, what happened her studies?

Will Debbie be ok with her ex Ray sleeping with young girls?

I wonder will Anna return

I think Anna may return briefly for the downfall of Garry.

I thought Imran said he couldn’t represent Yasmeen in court as he’s not a barrister?? What did I miss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I didn't think you could just step up like that to barrister.

Nurse Catherine Deane from The Royal is the prosecution if anyone was wondering. :D

Advertisement