Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LogicusRex

At least thanks to social distancing we were spared a Faye/Ray transgenerational snog.
    The actors probably would prefer not to act that scene as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

I didn't think you could just step up like that to barrister.

Nurse Catherine Deane from The Royal is the prosecution if anyone was wondering. :D

Thanks a million, I was trying to remember where I had seen her before. Gook spot, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

As if Geoff could get into a psychiatric hospital and watch a patient then go to her room like that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

casio4 wrote: »
    As if Geoff could get into a psychiatric hospital and watch a patient then go to her room like that:rolleyes:

Your one he is seeing at the moment works there, he has been using her id, he said it on the phone before going into the room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

oh I missed that. I was wondering how he got access to a patient. I hope she testifies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

rapul wrote: »
    Your one he is seeing at the moment works there, he has been using her id, he said it on the phone before going into the room

Thanks I didn't catch that bit

No boda!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

"Hey look Audrey's back!"

(two minutes later)

"Boooo, Audrey"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Will we be having another Faye pregnancy storyline? Plod thinks it's his, cue much heartache?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

How can Geoff say in his testimony that Yazmin is an alcoholic. Surely he would have to have proof such as a doctors report. Or wouldn’t the prison have to be told by her doctor or wouldn’t she have withdrawals in prison. So many questions and no answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How can Geoff say in his testimony that Yazmin is an alcoholic. Surely he would have to have proof such as a doctors report. Or wouldn’t the prison have to be told by her doctor or wouldn’t she have withdrawals in prison. So many questions and no answers.

I suppose u would just have her defense having witnesses testify that she was not an alcohol like her granddaughter and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

fin12 wrote: »
    I suppose u would just have her defense having witnesses testify that she was not an alcohol like her granddaughter and stuff

Weird though. I know they say the law can be crooked but that’s a big accusation to make without proof I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Imran was useless...going on and on about the prostitutes. Geoff had already admitted being a regular...besides it's only giving the jury more reason to believe she clobbered him with a bottle. Why didn't he mention him locking her in the magic box or strangling and serving her pet hen up with trimmings or burning her clothes etc??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do we think we are finished with the recordings from the camera?
    Cloud backup maybe? Restore from Recycle Bin?

Oh let's have a look Mr. Magic, as they will back up your version of the story'
    'Er...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

spurious wrote: »
    Do we think we are finished with the recordings from the camera?
    Cloud backup maybe? Restore from Recycle Bin?

Oh let's have a look Mr. Magic, as they will back up your version of the story'
    'Er...'

I hope the secret camera recordings do come out, Geoff is too cocky

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope the secret camera recordings do come out, Geoff is too cocky

And there has to be cameras in a psych ward, if she were to tell anyone to look into it there has to be evidence that Geoff was in her room, I just want this story to end like everyone else, the head on him argh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

And there has to be cameras in a psych ward, if she were to tell anyone to look into it there has to be evidence that Geoff was in her room, I just want this story to end like everyone else, the head on him argh!!
    He’s had more black eyes than Mike Tyson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

spurious wrote: »
    Will we be having another Faye pregnancy storyline? Plod thinks it's his, cue much heartache?

I really hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Also you would never be able to lock the door on the inside, they really need new researchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

rapul wrote:

And wouldn't they be monitored? Suspicious male, cap and mask enters room. Nurses later encounter traumatised patient.
    If she was due to give evidence, the hospital would have been aware. Even a Corrie copper could make the link. Where's Craig when you need him?

The state of David in his underpants in public!
    The comical undercurent to the community opposition to Ray's plans!
    Shona's stupid hair bobbing around the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

bobbyss wrote: »
    Shona's stupid hair bobbing around the place!

She annoyes me! It's like they're trying to make her an endearing character. That episode where she wanted to wear the red dress to pick up the kids then wouldn't open the door to Sarah nearly drove me to drink. Sarah was half hearted about convincing her to come out with the car keys...She didn't even mention that the kids would be left alone at the school waiting to be picked up (so distracted was she with her cow eyed flirtation of Adam). I'm sure Shona would've absorbed that much(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I'm getting the usual fears associated with two characters who never associate suddenly connect over something and get lots of scenes together, but now there's an added factor.

Whatever about Simon getting the wrong idea about his relationship with Shona, as David briefly mentioned, I'd say what might happen is the other way around.

Shona will find she gets on much better with Simon compared to David. Simon has far less baggage and is closer to the maturity level of Shona right now, and if Shona is rebuffed for sex again by David she might decide to share those frustrations with the equally vulnerable and confused Simon. Leanne and Peter won't be available for him as they have their own stuff to work through.

While Simon is of legal age and so is his actor, it would be insanely awkward and cause yet more trouble for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Jikashi wrote: »
    I'm getting the usual fears associated with two characters who never associate suddenly connect over something and get lots of scenes together, but now there's an added factor.

Whatever about Simon getting the wrong idea about his relationship with Shona, as David briefly mentioned, I'd say what might happen is the other way around.

Shona will find she gets on much better with Simon compared to David. Simon has far less baggage and is closer to the maturity level of Shona right now, and if Shona is rebuffed for sex again by David she might decide to share those frustrations with the equally vulnerable and confused Simon. Leanne and Peter won't be available for him as they have their own stuff to work through.

While Simon is of legal age and so is his actor, it would be insanely awkward and cause yet more trouble for all involved.

Well, Peter is constantly distracted from parenting Simon anyway ffs - less than useless

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yasmeen is putting in a top performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Geoff's slimeball barrister sounded impressed by Geoff's work.

She should have a few months of Geoff treatment the toad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They really ham over these scum solicitors for hire types.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They do really weird funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Why not a white coffin? It's like HMS Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Pistachio19

Wish they'd given each storyline a separate episode tonight. It's frustrating going from angry at court scenes to sad at the funeral scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Wish they'd given each storyline a separate episode tonight. It's frustrating going from angry at court scenes to sad at the funeral scenes.

Ya. I feel like an episode with a 3 year olds funeral deserves front and centre. Thought it would have been nice if everyone was at their front door or something when the hearse past. If a 3 year old died on a real life estate I think everyone would do it. This is a soap. It should be happening even more so. I know Oliver's death went on but now we're here it feels rushed and isn't been given enough attention. It's pissing me off actually.

Advertisement