Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

The characters talking about how they want to save the houses and there's been a murder, suspicious death or assault in nearly every building that side of the street.

Maybe they should knock the row 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

fin12 wrote: »
    Thought it was a very good episode. Poor Fay, horrible being in a situation where u don’t want to have sex but feel like u have to...
    She seems to be willing enough. Certainly raised no objections.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Just noticed Yasmeens house has a permanent stairs for the attic. Another example of the houses being like Tardis. Surely something that small would only have a stira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Not one of them thought to climb onto the apex of the roof, the safest place!

Do you think he’s dead or be alive on Friday and then die?

He’s so evil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Do you think he’s dead or be alive on Friday and then die?

He’s so evil

my guess is he's not dead, he'll vanish or get picked up by an ambulance, then yasmeen will say one last goodbye to him at the hospital and get the last word, before the police come and charge him for yasmeens complaint of coercive control against him. that way he lives with what he's done.

could be completely wrong but i have a small feeling his ''death'' is a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Alice1 wrote: »

I'm not getting this. Has he threatened her? I must have missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Are we to assume Faye slept with him again? I saw him making a implied suggestion and her looking less than enthusiastic but it went on to another scene. If she sleeps with him she's an eejit and is selling herself. It's not as if she's working in a job she's spent years studying for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The whole roof scene with Alya appearing was a bit far fetched considering the fire and the locked door downstairs (maybe she has keys?)

I would have written it that Geoff falls, is conscious but can't move from a broken spine.. and then the hens come along and peck his eyes out...

.. too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Should have had him hanging off the roof with his finger tips, a chicken then pecks his fingers and he drops to the ground

Maybe he's not dead from the fall and the hens peck his two eyes out and he dies screaming.

• Advertisement

It was a very weak ending to a strong story. A fitting one would have been for him to have been arrested outside the apartment door and be charged and jailed for his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I'm not getting this. Has he threatened her? I must have missed something
    He ddin't threaten her but suggested that she would be demoted to polishing cutlery if she didn't cooperate. She made a choice and slept with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Her face was like oh sh*t, u could see by her face she wasn’t exactly jumping for joy with him inviting her over for a drink cause she knows what is going to lead to but ya I get she still has a choice, she should just pack in the job, it’s not worth that.

Unfortunately she doesn’t have the confidence to think she will get a managerial job somewhere else and that is what Ray is preying on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The actor that plays Geoff is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,396 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

fin12 wrote: »
    The actor that plays Geoff is very good.

I dunno about that, I want to track him down and kill him too

:D

Yea, he played it well in all fairness. Very believable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

I was hoping that Geoff would have suffered a bit more after the court case. The ending was a bit daft when they Alya up onto the roof. However, I was glad to see Jasmine find her inner strength again. I loved when she told him that she wasn't afraid of him anymore, she was very convincing.
    All told I think they did they storyline very well and the roles were brilliantly played by both actors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It will be interesting to see Tim's reaction when he finds out about Ray and Faye. And indeed the reaction of the whole street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bobbyss wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see Tim's reaction when he finds out about Ray and Faye. And indeed the reaction of the whole street.

it'll probably be "poor Faye, that big mean man forced you".

Despite him telling her she (a waitress) can go back to being a waitress OR shag him and be a manager. She chose the easy promotion. Very poorly done and scripted scene in the hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

He ddin't threaten her but suggested that she would be demoted to polishing cutlery if she didn't cooperate. She made a choice and slept with him.

Struggle to pity her in this. She's such a little upstart in her attitude to Craig and anyone who questions why she sailed into a managerial position. Foolish, foolish young one. I wasn't even pushed on her in the first place. She could be a nasty little, ungrateful and disrespectful madam in her treatment of the besotted, adoring Anna at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Great epsidode so far imo.

Gary wants blood, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah now this Ray story makes sense. She was actually saying no this time not happily doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't see ANYTHING!

To thine own self be true

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah now this Ray story makes sense. She was actually saying no this time not happily doing it.

Not necessarily. Him alluding to the fact she would lose her job if she didn't sleep with him is just as bad imo. She's supposed to be what, 17? He's a powerful man in his 50s, total intimidation to a young teenager.
    It's very similar to Harvey Weinstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,396 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

SFX-Rig-4.jpg

Good riddance

Just wish he was impaled

That was utter rubbish. Literally could not see one thing.
    What happened to Adam?
    So it's going to continue into next week with more of Night of the Dead?
    It should have been wrapped up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

So many suspects.....

My money is on Simon....

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    So many suspects.....

My money is on Simon....

Yea but what happened???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That was utter rubbish. Literally could not see one thing.
    What happened to Adam?
    So it's going to continue into next week with more of Night of the Dead?
    It should have been wrapped up tonight.

I'd say Sarah or Simon did it but Adam will survive

I'd prefer Carla killed off

The end for jiggle it Geoff was lame, he should have faced justice

Over all pretty poor 60th anniversary

I'm sorry to say I don't care about Faye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

So do we reckon Adam is dead ? I hope not I like his character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Is it just me or does Shona looks very like Judy Mallett who was in the show in the 90s?

https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Judy_Mallett

Advertisement