Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

I expected Roy Castle to present the roof dwellers with a Guinness Book of Record for the most people on a roof

It was the most ridiculous scene ....
    Then sally came out to talk to her like they were chatting on the street..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Only catching up now, there were too many storylines criss crossing each other in total darkness. I'd have preferred if they'd focused on the Geoff/Jasmin story and brought it to a better conclusion. As an anniversary episode it was a bit all over the place. There was a distinct lack of a crashing tram/plane/bus - anything that could have cleared out some of the most annoying characters for good. First on the list are Carla and Daniel................

Daniel is a bit of a prick ain’t he turning on Carla and he is the guy who cheated on his wife with Cancer and moved on so quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

It was like the end of a badly written film where they have too many stories to tie up before the end....Someone asked about that inferno in the sitting room......
    Seemingly, an injured Alya kicked in the door, put the fire out , then managed to do a Terminator job on her busted face before climbing out on the roof after Geoff...even he was gobsmacked when he saw her.......kinda wished they had all fallen off...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

• Advertisement

Big JT fan....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,794 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Simon sprayed painted the office and Faye attacked Adam thinking it was Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I'd go with Gareh attacking Adam. Don't think it was Peter, he was too sloshed to be stealthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd go with Gareh attacking Adam. Don't think it was Peter, he was too sloshed to be stealthy.

Gary is too obvious.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah Gary too obvious, Peter too drunk, was either Simon or Sarah, Carla and Daniel acting cool if it was them, imagine it was Ken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Sparko

I agree. Unless that blatant guilty look on her face was a red herring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Faye doesn’t want to go to cops cause she will know her sleeping with Ray in the hotel will come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Interesting Theory

I think Gary was off with Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Sarah is the one who spray painted the office, she was looking fairly shifty when she came home that night and she had this weird kind of smirk on her face when David was questioning her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Could Debbie have attached Adam thinking it was Ray -- maybe trying to claim on insurance or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,191 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

fin12 wrote: »
    Faye doesn’t want to go to cops cause she will know her sleeping with Ray in the hotel will come out.

... and even if it doesnt , Detective Tinker would know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Sarah is the one who spray painted the office, she was looking fairly shifty when she came home that night and she had this weird kind of smirk on her face when David was questioning her.

and she started washing her hands as soon as she came in.
    Bang to rights m'lud.

I’m struggling to take any interest.

I had to laugh at Maria threatening Ray, her skill is as a bike so what ride him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

spurious wrote: »
    and she started washing her hands as soon as she came in.
    Bang to rights m'lud.

Gary did the same, washing his hands I was expecting him to burst into song singing Happy birthday:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't see Sarah doing such a thing but Corrie isn't averse to completely changing characters.
    If he's dead it has to be someone who isn't a long-term character or someone who is leaving the show anyway as everything comes out in the end.
    Gareh or Simon are the only two I think who are capable of it. Did Simon know where he was?
    I can't see anyone being stupid enough to clobber him thinking it was Ray...with the big wog of greased black hair Adam has.. Faye may well be stupid enough but would she have the balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Sarah was shifty and washing her hands because she painted the door of the office. That act is too indirect for Simon or Peter but perfect for Sarah to vent her anger non-violently.

Gary was washing his hands and out all night because he moved his pet corpse in the woods, in case Adam said anything.

Carla was the only one who didn't directly know where Adam was and she wouldn't be so concerned about the blood on Peter if she did it herself. Carla is out of suspicion.

Peter truly couldn't sneak up on anyone in his state. Peter's out.

As for who attacked Adam. Faye is reacting to the attack even though she has no reason to react much about Adam, so it could be that she thought she was attacking Ray only for the fact that neither the room nor Faye were very bright. I did notice that Ray was wearing a similar type of coat as Adam. Also it looked like the attacker used a glass award statue or something similar (Peter's brick is an obvious red herring). Faye would be the most likely suspect to know something like that would be available in the Bistro.

Simon hasn't had a scene since the attack, meaning he's still a wildcard.

Another possibility is Debbie, having just learned she might have list her money and family for an aborted project. Only real point of likelihood being she's the character least likely to be kept around for long in the show. Unlikely as there would have been a scene of her reacting to Ray walking around safe and sound and would have been therefore expecting to see someone else on the floor.

Hey someone's gotta do the detective work, and it's not going to be Weatherfield's finest, who'll do their usual shtick of arresting half the street before they get their perp.

It's absolutely p*ss poor how they're playing this Adam storyline.
    If someone was in an induced coma after a traumatic head injury, the family would be beside themselves with worry. We all unfortunately know someone who's been in the situation.
    Ken was very blase sitting there, no sign of Tracey, Daniel was calm and Sarah couldn't give a hoot.
    Instead the writers are focusing on "who done it" rather than actually showing a devastated, worried family.

It's absolutely p*ss poor how they're playing this Adam storyline.
    If someone was in an induced coma after a traumatic head injury, the family would be beside themselves with worry. We all unfortunately know someone who's been in the situation.
    Ken was very blase sitting there, no sign of Tracey, Daniel was calm and Sarah couldn't give a hoot.
    Instead the writers are focusing on "who done it" rather than actually showing a devastated, worried family.

Trace is visiting Liz in Spain, so she is.

I missed that :D

Ann22 wrote: »
    I can't see Sarah doing such a thing but Corrie isn't averse to completely changing characters.
    If he's dead it has to be someone who isn't a long-term character or someone who is leaving the show anyway as everything comes out in the end.
    Gareh or Simon are the only two I think who are capable of it. Did Simon know where he was?
    I can't see anyone being stupid enough to clobber him thinking it was Ray...with the big wog of greased black hair Adam has.. Faye may well be stupid enough but would she have the balls?

Golly.........:eek::D:D:D

With Steve and Amy?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    With Steve and Amy?

Yep. All gone away to get over the trauma, so they are. Elizabeth and Andrew will sort them out, to be sure.

Sorry for coming over all Big Jam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Sorry for coming over all Big Jam.

You're all right so you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

The hand washing is definitely a guilty conscience, ever since Lady Macbeth killed Duncan. Out damned spot, out!

I'm thinking Simon must play a guilty part?

Advertisement