Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yep. All gone away to get over the trauma, so they are. Elizabeth and Andrew will sort them out, to be sure.

Sorry for coming over all Big Jam.
    So the grieving granny finally got mentioned then?!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sorry for coming over all Big Jam.

Ooh matron!
    Jikashi wrote: »
    neither the room nor Faye were very bright

:D

So the grieving granny finally got mentioned then?!

She was mentioned before along with the reason she couldn’t come home. Covid.

She was mentioned before along with the reason she couldn’t come home. Covid.

What about Les, Janice, Eva, Stella?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Jikashi wrote: »
    Sarah was shifty and washing her hands because she painted the door of the office. That act is too indirect for Simon or Peter but perfect for Sarah to vent her anger non-violently.

Gary was washing his hands and out all night because he moved his pet corpse in the woods, in case Adam said anything.

Carla was the only one who didn't directly know where Adam was and she wouldn't be so concerned about the blood on Peter if she did it herself. Carla is out of suspicion.

Peter truly couldn't sneak up on anyone in his state. Peter's out.

As for who attacked Adam. Faye is reacting to the attack even though she has no reason to react much about Adam, so it could be that she thought she was attacking Ray only for the fact that neither the room nor Faye were very bright. I did notice that Ray was wearing a similar type of coat as Adam. Also it looked like the attacker used a glass award statue or something similar (Peter's brick is an obvious red herring). Faye would be the most likely suspect to know something like that would be available in the Bistro.

Simon hasn't had a scene since the attack, meaning he's still a wildcard.

Another possibility is Debbie, having just learned she might have list her money and family for an aborted project. Only real point of likelihood being she's the character least likely to be kept around for long in the show. Unlikely as there would have been a scene of her reacting to Ray walking around safe and sound and would have been therefore expecting to see someone else on the floor.

Hey someone's gotta do the detective work, and it's not going to be Weatherfield's finest, who'll do their usual shtick of arresting half the street before they get their perp.

I enjoyed reading this post! Good thinking on Gareh possibly moving the body. Dunno if the scriptwriters are as clever but it's more believable than Gareh clobbering him really. I don't feel he's that evil.

So most likely is Simon.. there's supposed to be a (possibly romantic) storyline coming up involving him and another character.. Maybe they'll put this mystery on the back burner for now and blend the two storylines(?).

Carla got on my nerves shiftily and stupidly creeping about the place with Peter's t-shirt! Why didn't she pop it in the washing machine there at the Rovers instead of going to the factory to pour bleach on it(?) Dont they have cleaning products in the pub(??) Now Peter has no proof of meeting the homeless man on the Red Wreck. Although he could still have attacked Adam first I suppose. Btw why is there no CCTV at all on the journey be claims he took?

Just hope we don't have to watch another innocent person jailed. It's ridiculous at this stage how many other residents have been locked up by stupid, blinkered cops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ann22 wrote: »
    I enjoyed reading this post! Good thinking on Gareh possibly moving the body. Dunno if the scriptwriters are as clever but it's more believable than Gareh clobbering him really. I don't feel he's that evil.
    So most likely is Simon.. there's supposed to be a (possibly romantic) storyline coming up involving him and another character.. Maybe they'll put this mystery on the back burner for now and blend the two storylines(?). Just hope we don't have to watch another innocent person jailed. It's ridiculous at this stage how many other residents have been locked up by stupid, blinkered cops!

Ya I was actually surprised they let Yasmeen go as usually if ur innocent u get banged up in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

How can Gary be married to a hairdresser and go around with a head like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Definately looking like Simon to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mary's admiration and concern for her beloved Adam is nice and funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Definately looking like Simon to me....
    Nah, I reckon he did the graffiti and Faye did the attack. He got very shifty when talking to Peter and Peter made sure to mention the graffiti twice and even said that it was probably the same person who attacked Adam. I think he was dumping the spray can later when Shona caught him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does Gary know about Callum’s murder? Sarah has shopped him to the cops so he shouldn’t keep his mouth shut about the plats anymore.

fin12 wrote: »
    Does Gary know about Callum’s murder? Sarah has shopped him to the cops so he shouldn’t keep his mouth shut about the plats anymore.

He does know. That's why she didn't shop him before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Did anyone see what Simon was putting into the bin, it looked like a pot of paint to me

magicray wrote: »
    Did anyone see what Simon was putting into the bin, it looked like a pot of paint to me

Yes looked like red paint so he vandalised the office door

Maybe Sarah did the attack and now is doing all she can to win Adam round even finally shopping in Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Why would Paul risk walking past the factory on his day off to buy snacks at Devs? He could have easily gone to the CO-OP and not been seen.

I feel sometimes the script choices are made without much thought to logic.

Haven't caught up yet but just reading the post about Paul there. They should have a generic set that can be changed around a bit. People meeting (secretly) in the Rovers or the Bistro. Or like Geoff's wife that time hiding from him on the same street..feck sake. The way they talk about Victoria Gardens. "Where have you been?"..."in the Gardens" ...like it's about 9ft x 5ft!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Why would Paul risk walking past the factory on his day off to buy snacks at Devs? He could have easily gone to the CO-OP and not been seen.

The deal with CO-OP must just make carrier bags visible but not mentioned. They carry bags around but still shop in Freshco or Dev's.

P. S. Can someone please put water in the Costa cups so that they stop waving their arms around when they are supposed to have hot cups of coffee in their hands.

The deal with CO-OP must just make carrier bags visible but not mentioned. They carry bags around but still shop in Freshco or Dev's.

P. S. Can someone please put water in the Costa cups so that they stop waving their arms around when they are supposed to have hot cups of coffee in their hands.

It’s not just soaps that annoy me when they do this it’s all tv shows lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

'sometimes'?
    There's never much logic and even less thought put into any of it. The producers have low production values. Some acting also not good enough. Laziness abounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Pet peeve of mine in every soap!

• Advertisement

Tim with his mum, reminds me of Will Ferrell in Elf the way he is with his dad. The boyish enthusiasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Such absolute rubbish tonight, not a decent storyline to be seen!

Icsics wrote: »

Simon on a sesh with Shona

Is David going to go off with Daisy?

Todd the evil ba$tard setting Paul up, hope it all backfires on him big time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Icsics wrote: »

I agree, I was warming to Todd but not finding him believable now as someone that would go to them lengths to get Billy back. Don't get me started on the Shona/Simon crawling on the floor silliness in the Bistro. Does Sarah actually think Gary won't tell on her killing her ex because he promised he wouldn't? Well that's ok then she has nothing to worry about especially now that he knows she shopped him to the police

casio4 wrote: »
    I agree, I was warming to Todd but not finding him believable now as someone that would go to them lengths to get Billy back. Don't get me started on the Shona/Simon crawling on the floor silliness in the Bistro. Does Sarah actually think Gary won't tell on her killing her ex because he promised he wouldn't? Well that's ok then she has nothing to worry about especially now that he knows she shopped him to the police

Sarah didn’t kill him. Kylie did.

Tony was blamed surely Eileen and Jason would want to know, clear his name even though he is dead

She could still be in trouble for withholding information. I can't imagine them digging all that up again tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Ann22 wrote: »
    She could still be in trouble for withholding information. I can't imagine them digging all that up again tbh.

She was there as well when it happened wasn't she? If memory serves me, Callum was attacking Sarah when Kylie came in and whacked him on the head.

Why is Simon not at school, has he left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is Simon not at school, has he left?

He's 46...........

:D

Advertisement