Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Laughing at Faye panicking about Gareh in jail - Our mum will never see him. She fooked off years ago:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Laughing at Faye panicking about Gareh in jail - Our mum will never see him. She fooked off years ago:pac:

I laughed at that too & u could include his array of invisible children. I thought Izzy could be high risk so I’m allowing for her absence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Jikashi wrote: »
    I think the virgin media player was stuck on loop.
    Either that or there were literally three separate useless filler scenes that played exactly the same exchange.

Faye: waah how dare u arrest me crim bro u snake etcetera.
    Craig: Why do think Gary didn't do it?
    Faye: I KNOW he didn't do it *stares*
    Craig: HOW do you know?
    Faye: (looks guilty as hell and visibly struggles and tremors not to blurt it out)
    Craig: (eyes gloss over to the sound of cogs creaking and grinding as they turn in his head)
    [scene change]

Ha ha! Love it Jikashi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's stupid that Anna won't return now with Gary and Faye needing her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ray is annoying me now, he seems to be slowly transforming into Bez from The Happy Mondays .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I just love how they talk about Gail!

Yeah.. what was it David said?? "Not everyone has a Gail" lol!
    Not believable that Audrey would agree to sell the salon giving Ray even more of a foothold in turfing her daughter's family out.
    Anyone see the Corrie Slip Ups show on Virgin Media last wk? Was great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Between Evelyn's "unwelcome prick" and Sally's "..no-one's ever had me over a barrel...".(Except maybe Kevin in the garage...) its slowly turning into Are you being served.......:P

I onlt realised that there are no extras on Corro and Emmerdale anymore when I was watching Enders.
    EE seems to use real life couples or brelations so you can have people walking

arm-in-arm or holding hands just like real life.

There hasn't been anyone in Rovers, Roy's, Dev's or even walking on the street except for the core characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Everyone takes off their mask to talk to each other :mad:
    Even PC Craig!

I noticed that they take their masks off to go into shops/cafes

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I onlt realised that there are no extras on Corro and Emmerdale anymore when I was watching Enders.
    EE seems to use real life couples or brelations so you can have people walking

arm-in-arm or holding hands just like real life.

There hasn't been anyone in Rovers, Roy's, Dev's or even walking on the street except for the core characters.

Ive seen a few extras

Watch the scenes. Extras are often used as pretend full time characters. A scene with 3 peoole will often be filmed separately with just 1 person talking and maybe another separate one with someones back pretending to be a character

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Dr. Gadass looks like Celine Dion.

The doc prescribed 7 tablets. Yet, there were more than that on the table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is Arthur leaving the wife behind?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Is Arthur leaving the wife behind?

His wife passed away the other nite that's why he asked Evelyn is it? To go to Canada with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I know Aggie doesn't like her sons girlfriend (with good reason) but what a horrible thing to say when she found out about the baby

Ridiculous "protest" what was the point with just 4 or 5 people there on the street. No one there was hearing anything new...except maybe the extra woman in the background.
    Abbie's getting on my nerves. The other night she was going on about knowing the real Ray saying something along the lines of "I was with him long enough"Ffs she only had 2 or 3 fumbles with him.. I can't imagine she's all that dedicated on stopping the build for the other neighbours' sakes but as Roy said she has her own personal vendetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Kevin drove his big enormous flatbed pickup truck to go to the police station? Most characters just seem to be able to walk there.

Hm, two characters that never have scenes together have decided on whim that they're going to live together? Yyyyeah, Alina and Tyrone are absolutely going to end up together.
    And to be honest I'm all for it, Tyrone is a nice guy and he'd be upgrading, they can explain away that Fiz was dissolved by some extra strength hand sanitizer or decided to take Evelyn's ticket to Canada and stay there, or she fell in the Platt Pit, or Geoff landed on her and nobody noticed.

Though couldn't Alina, or Emma for that matter, stay in the Rovers temporarily if they have heaps of bedrooms up there?

I know Aggie doesn't like her sons girlfriend (with good reason) but what a horrible thing to say when she found out about the baby

And her clown of a son could do much better. How the hell can he support solely raising a child?? No job/home of his own

Jikashi wrote: »
    Kevin drove his big enormous flatbed pickup truck to go to the police station? Most characters just seem to be able to walk there.

Hm, two characters that never have scenes together have decided on whim that they're going to live together? Yyyyeah, Alina and Tyrone are absolutely going to end up together.
    And to be honest I'm all for it, Tyrone is a nice guy and he'd be upgrading, they can explain away that Fiz was dissolved by some extra strength hand sanitizer or decided to take Evelyn's ticket to Canada and stay there, or she fell in the Platt Pit, or Geoff landed on her and nobody noticed.

Though couldn't Alina, or Emma for that matter, stay in the Rovers temporarily if they have heaps of bedrooms up there?
    Which one is Alina? I can't keep up.

Which one is Alina? I can't keep up.

The really pretty foreign girl Seb had a thing with.

• Advertisement

And her clown of a son could do much better. How the hell can he support solely raising a child?? No job/home of his own

Totally agree. I have to avert my eyes to the fireplace when he's onscreen. He insists on moving all his body parts for all his speaking scenes. He totters about, jerking his arms around, eyes rolling in his head. Completely manic. Fcuk sake.. what's wrong with him?!

And have you seen the state of his house?
    I think it is supposed to be a running joke; the builders house is in rag order, har de har :rolleyes:.
    Look at the bannister, bare planks with nails sticking out. No doors or anything painted.

And have you seen the state of his house?
    I think it is supposed to be a running joke; the builders house is in rag order, har de har :rolleyes:.
    Look at the bannister, bare planks with nails sticking out. No doors or anything painted.

But, they kept Ernests piano. It’s by the window. A nice touch.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Totally agree. I have to avert my eyes to the fireplace when he's onscreen. He insists on moving all his body parts for all his speaking scenes. He totters about, jerking his arms around, eyes rolling in his head. Completely manic. Fcuk sake.. what's wrong with him?!

Does he have special needs? genuine question because he seems be intellectually challenged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tyrone and Fizz to steal the title from Eileen for Tardis of Weatherfield.

To thine own self be true

But, they kept Ernests piano. It’s by the window. A nice touch.
    When the previous people moved out of there did they rip out the stairs and take all the doors and skirting board?
    Father needs a boot up the bum and finish the fecking house, you big dope.

Tyrone and Fizz to steal the title from Eileen for Tardis of Weatherfield.
    They won't beat the all time champions, the Slaters of Albert Square :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Sparko

Alina doesn't want to live with strangers so she moves in with Tyrone and Fiz, who she's never spoken to before.

Maybe they'll install bunk beds and she can share a room with Evelyn.

Fiz didn't even get any notice. Imagine turning up at home to your wife with a pretty young girl who you've unilaterally decided is moving in to your tiny house.

It's a good thing the pubs have been closed so much in the last year, I was forever bringing strangers home to live with me.

Sparko wrote: »
    Alina doesn't want to live with strangers so she moves in with Tyrone and Fiz, who she's never spoken to before.

Maybe they'll install bunk beds and she can share a room with Evelyn.

Fiz didn't even get any notice. Imagine turning up at home to your wife with a pretty young girl who you've unilaterally decided is moving in to your tiny house.

It's a good thing the pubs have been closed so much in the last year, I was forever bringing strangers home to live with me.
    In the middle of a pandemic too. Will she self-isolate?

• Advertisement

When the previous people moved out of there did they rip out the stairs and take all the doors and skirting board?
    Father needs a boot up the bum and finish the fecking house, you big dope.

It IS finished. That’s the new look!

Advertisement