Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

Shelga wrote: »
    I know she’s sad and there’s no right way to react in such a time of distress, and it is just a soap, and she just wants love, etc etc... but would Maria really be feeling so in the mood for sex with Ali two weeks after a miscarriage?

Maybe it is kind of understandable, wanting to escape and all of that- is it even possible to get pregnant again so soon after something like that though?

As usual, I’m overthinking Corrie way too much...

She got over the measles pretty quick, let alone be in the mood for nookie so soon after a miscarriage.

The writers must be Catholic because the message is never sent out about contraception!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

She got over the measles pretty quick, let alone be in the mood for nookie so soon after a miscarriage.

it was insinuated that she had sex with Gary the night before, something he said while making her breakfast in bed, you were quite good last night or something to that effect, so she then went on to sleep with the doctor the following afternoon. That is why it will be a who's the daddy with only a day between the two and yeah didn't she get over the measles and a miscarriage very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

After a miscarriage, I'm pretty sure there must be some time before having sex. Good ole Maria didn't let that hold her back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I don't think that the time frame would allow for Maria to be able to conceive again so if it does happen, I'll be shaking my head.
    Plus who will find the pregnancy test in the bin?

To thine own self be true

I don't think that the time frame would allow for Maria to be able to conceive again so if it does happen, I'll be shaking my head.

You can get pregnant two weeks after a miscarriage. You are advised to avoid sex for two weeks because of the risk of infection. Alternative Contraceptives are advised until periods restart and you go back on the Pill, if you don’t want to get pregnant just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Clearly (:pac:) Garra....but the baby will be Doc Wiggum's.............:p

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

"You can't be serious... How did that happen? I need to rub my forehead..."

"Ehhhhhhhhh you're the doctor Ali..."

20200215-114904.jpg

You can get pregnant two weeks after a miscarriage. You are advised to avoid sex for two weeks because of the risk of infection. Alternative Contraceptives are advised until periods restart and you go back on the Pill, if you don’t want to get pregnant just yet.
    Pardon my ignorance but how would a lady be even ovulating so fast?
    (probably not appropriate to this thread).

Pardon my ignorance but how would a lady be even ovulating so fast?
    (probably not appropriate to this thread).

I don’t know. I’m only passing on the information I was given after suffering a miscarriage.

• Advertisement

I don’t know. I’m only passing on the information I was given after suffering a miscarriage.

I'm sorry to hear that.

On a silly note, if the baby is born with a fin on its back, it will be Gary's.
    If it has a deep set furrow, it'll be the doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I cant believe how fast Daniel has moved on. On the plus side maybe Bethany will get him to shave that horrible beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Friday's episodes didn't record for me. Just catching them now on Player.
    I can't concentrate until I get this off my chest... Ali's hair. Ffs! His wobbly headed mannerisms annoy me but he is a reasonably good looking chap. Perhaps it's because he's thinning on the crown that's compelling him to grow it so he can mould himself a comb over....regardless of the style tho it looks like he hasn't washed it in months. Gareh might be a dick but no harm to him, he's always very well groomed.
    Speaking of grooming, Daniel's beard looks like pubescent wuzzy pubes. Get rid,lad.
    So... all these women Ray made the moves on...He threatened them with losing their chances of moving up the restaurant management ladder if they didn't agree to his duurrteh suggestions? So I take it, none of them agreed?? I do think "ruining their lives" was a slight exaggeration. He's hardly Harvey Weinstein. Or have I missed something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I cant believe how fast Daniel has moved on. On the plus side maybe Bethany will get him to shave that horrible beard.

Tbf he was "moving on" to Bethany before Sinead even died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was it Leanne or Kylie who was pregnant a week after sex

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Are you guys joking about a whose the daddy storyline?

Ann22 wrote: »

No. Deadly serious. We’ve infiltrated Corrie writers and planted storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,998 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ali
    is exiting later this year!

We're speculating based on the wash, rinse, repeat that Corrie writers favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

They wouldn't have Maria sleeping with two men a day apart if this wasn't the story otherwise what's the point?

:rolleyes:
    Ali

No Loss

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Is the one with the ginger hair and glasses dead? Not the real life person, I mean the character?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Also is Ken Barlow dead? I mean the real guy, not the actor. Sorry I don't know his name? Haven't watched in ages. Thinking of getting back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Ali's hair is now beyond a joke :confused:

Ali

No loss there!

• Advertisement

Ali
    Gary to kill him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What absolute tosh tonight's episodes were. I can't even remember what they were about.

Gary to kill him?

It’ll be soon as final scenes already filmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭phormium

Ken Barlow/William Roache is not dead.

phormium wrote: »
    Ken Barlow/William Roache is not dead.

Yes,I think everyone would have heard if the longest serving actor in Corrie had passed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭phormium

Longest serving actor in a soap in the world! For a long time Don Hastings of As the World Turns was longest but since he retired Ken is the longest. Random fact I know, always was waiting for this to turn up in a quiz as most people thought it was good old Ken but it wasn't, until Don retired anyway :)

That DIY staircase looks like it would fall over in a stiff draft.

bobbyss wrote: »
    What absolute tosh tonight's episodes were. I can't even remember what they were about.

They were about 59 minutes too long imo.....

They were about 59 minutes too long imo.....

Storm Dennis took out my sky dish and only got satellite back last night. Caught up on the episodes.

First let me say, I have nothing against the LGBT+ community, I have many homosexual and bisexual friends, but the street is becoming a little bit more like Homosexual Street, not Coronation Street. There is:

Billy
    Sean
    Paul
    Sophie's ex the lawyer
    Sophie(Where is Sophie?)
    Danny
    Yer man who plays for county :rolleyes:
    And for one night only, Tracey.

On one street. There must be something in the water.

Meanwhile in a city as diverse as Manchester, there are no Poles, no Greeks, in fact apart from Aline no other Europeans at all.

This Gemma and quads storyline is painful.

And Abi's Alibi is no better.

Why was Chesney wearing the doner kebab shop shirt if he doesn't work there?

This Gemma and quads storyline is painful.

And Abi's Alibi is no better.

Why was Chesney wearing the doner kebab shop shirt if he doesn't work there?

It was his cleanest dirty shirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭Jeff2

zorro2566 wrote: »
    It was his cleanest dirty shirt!

Spray some lynx africa on....... Be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I so wanted to tell Abbey to stop rubbing her filthy shoes all over Kevin's cream couch. So sick of our 'Ope and Jade/Fiz and could scream every time Gemma and Chesney appear with their big moaney faces.

I so wanted to tell Abbey to stop rubbing her filthy shoes all over Kevin's cream couch. So sick of our 'Ope and Jade/Fiz and could scream every time Gemma and Chesney appear with their big moaney faces.

To be honest, im only continuing to watch to see how the Jeff storyline plays out. I don't care about any of the other storylines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Rubeh is so cute, especially when in trainee mode with Evelyn.
    Let mad Jade away with 'ope, she's nothing but trouble.

Just for the lolz here's a picture of Fizz I found.

Coronation-Street-spoilers-Fiz-Stape-Tyrone-Dobbs-1206070.jpg?r=1574102891106

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Off topic posts deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Shelga

Fast forwarded through the romance scenes with Kevin and Abi, bleurgh. There’s no chemistry there at all. He’s 15 years too old for her and looks like a scruffy hobo, can he go get a shave and a wash please!

I really don’t want them to become a new couple, just to give Kevin a storyline. And he’s her boss! Sick and wrong on so many levels.

Abi works better as one of the lads, friends only with Tim, Steve and Kev

She got heart broken by Peter and now Ray (even though I kinda liked sleaze Ray with Abi)

Shelga wrote: »
    Fast forwarded through the romance scenes with Kevin and Abi, bleurgh. There’s no chemistry there at all. He’s 15 years too old for her and looks like a scruffy hobo, can he go get a shave and a wash please!

I really don’t want them to become a new couple, just to give Kevin a storyline. And he’s her boss! Sick and wrong on so many levels.

I don’t think that Ray is finished with Abi just yet.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Abi works better as one of the lads, friends only with Tim, Steve and Kev

She got heart broken by Peter and now Ray (even though I kinda liked sleaze Ray with Abi)

I have no memory of Abi and Peter being together..

I have no memory of Abi and Peter being together..

His boat was rocking on the street :p

Corrie_WK05_EMB_22_JAN30_01_coro_abi_peter_kiss_01.jpeg

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    His boat was rocking on the street :p

Corrie_WK05_EMB_22_JAN30_01_coro_abi_peter_kiss_01.jpeg

I'd forgotten all about the boat as well.

I don’t think that Ray is finished with Abi just yet.

She might be just a small fry to him. Seems, according to Metro...
    He has ulterior motives for being on the street and an old score to settle. He buys the garage from Kevin at a "discount" and it seems he is set to be the new villain on the cobbles.
    Just what we need... Another one.

She might be just a small fry to him. Seems, according to Metro...
    He has ulterior motives for being on the street and an old score to settle. He buys the garage from Kevin at a "discount" and it seems he is set to be the new villain on the cobbles.
    Just what we need... Another one.

It’s just another case of wash, rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Rubeh is so cute, especially when in trainee mode with Evelyn.
    Let mad Jade away with 'ope, she's nothing but trouble.

Just for the lolz here's a picture of Fizz I found.

Coronation-Street-spoilers-Fiz-Stape-Tyrone-Dobbs-1206070.jpg?r=1574102891106

Where have i seen that look before.............oh yeah....:D
    ripleyalien.jpg

Advertisement