Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

he does look great -he must be the same age as the wallpaper in his sitting room :cool:

they seem to have forgotten ken has had a stroke and could do without all sh**e that's been going on and im wondering why all the houses seem to have windows in the front of the house - but the sitting room/kitchen of ken's and Tyrone's that we see doesn't have a window - so what sort of rooms are the front windows in (if that makes sense)

The front rooms are originally the good sitting rooms but there are so many living in the houses most have turned them into bedrooms .

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    The front rooms are originally the good sitting rooms but there are so many living in the houses most have turned them into bedrooms .

Fizz and Tyrone and Ken and Eileen etc could all do with knocking a wall into the good sitting room methinks:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

jos28 wrote: »
    Nina running a tattoo parlour, that would be a great idea.

There actually is a tattoo parlour at the back of one of the streets added when the set expanded. I think it's on the same building as the barbers or maybe it's beside Speed Dahl.

Remember that time Peter bought an unused downstairs pool hall on the street and they did a stupid ghost story with Kirk and Dev in it? Whatever happened to it? Did it become Speed Dahl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

fin12 wrote:
    Everything will stay. The set is quite new, they only moved to Salford a few years ago. I visited the old set in Manchester, was a lovely day, pulled a fake pint in the rovers lol.

Did you get to meet any of the ... stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Yes, she seems to have just given up on her art and fashion career in favour of working in a greasy spoon :confused:
    Does she even go to college anymore?

Nina is designing for underworld now. Carla used some of her designs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,391 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Debbie stand by Ray now he is arrested for rape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bobbyss wrote: »
    Did you get to meet any of the ... stars?

Nope, they had already moved to salford. I was in david plates house and fiz n Tyrone’s. Very small but look bigger on screen.

Craig: I'll go first: I solved a Rubik's cube for the first time, well without cheating. Changing the stickers around and all that, heh heh. Your turn.
    Faye: Ray tried to rape me.
    Craig: (long pause with that big eyed gulping face he makes) okay so the trick to a Rubik's cube is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jikashi wrote: »
    Craig: I'll go first: I solved a Rubik's cube for the first time, well without cheating. Changing the stickers around and all that, heh heh. Your turn.
    Faye: Ray tried to rape me.
    Craig: (long pause with that big eyed gulping face he makes) okay so the trick to a Rubik's cube is...

I had the exact same thought........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Is it just me or is Craig actually creepier than Ray??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Craig didn’t seem to mind one bit she had slept with Ray willingly the first time and cheated on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Do Tim and Sally not realise Brexit has happened and you can't just up sticks and move to Spain anymore?? :pac:

Did Audrey sell both the Salon and Barbershop, why can she not take in Gail or David?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Shelga wrote: »
    Do Tim and Sally not realise Brexit has happened and you can't just up sticks and move to Spain anymore?? :pac:
    Most soaps exist in a weird bubble. Big topics that people are discussing constantly like Covid, Brexit, Elections etc hardly ever get mentioned.

That is an interesting one now you think of it, soap characters are nearly always apolitical.

Is Dev Tory or labour for eg? Which way does David Platt vote?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Audrey sell both the Salon and Barbershop, why can she not take in Gail or David?
    A few years ago there was a similar situation, they wanted to move in with her and she basically said piss off, I like living on my own and i don't wany ye here.
    Fair play to her would you want them moving in with you? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Most soaps exist in a weird bubble. Big topics that people are discussing constantly like Covid, Brexit, Elections etc hardly ever get mentioned.

That is an interesting one now you think of it, soap characters are nearly always apolitical.

Is Dev Tory or labour for eg? Which way does David Platt vote?

Id say Dev is Tory and David Platt labour.

Ken Barlow was a labour voter bsck in the 80s. Originally Alf was a councillor when Deirdre ran against him as an independent. The thinking was that Ken encouraged it thinking she wouldnt win and it would split the vote to get the labour guy in.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Id say Dev is Tory and David Platt labour.

Ken Barlow was a labour voter bsck in the 80s. Originally Alf was a councillor when Deirdre ran against him as an independent. The thinking was that Ken encouraged it thinking she wouldnt win and it would split the vote to get the labour guy in.
    David strikes me as someone who couldn't be arsed going to the polling station to vote :D

Where is Izzy's flat?

Where is Izzy's flat?
    Where is she and her son, come to think of it?
    I think she only appeared twice on the show all through 2020. Vanished with no storyline explanation and nobody ever mentions her again.

A few years ago there was a similar situation, they wanted to move in with her and she basically said piss off, I like living on my own and i don't wany ye here.
    Fair play to her would you want them moving in with you? :D

Surely she wouldn't see them homeless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Where is Izzy's flat?

On her left wheel.

On her left wheel.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Where is she and her son, come to think of it?
    I think she only appeared twice on the show all through 2020. Vanished with no storyline explanation and nobody ever mentions her again.

As she has pretty extreme underlying conditions in real life is the actress who plays her at work?? I could be very wrong sayin this but I’m only guessing - I know Maria’s young buck was “staying around at Izzy’s” when her n Garehhhh were at logger heads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Is it just me or is Craig actually creepier than Ray??

He looks at Faye with unbridled passion.. I'd say he has to nip home to change his jocks everything she stands within 3metres of him.
    I wish he'd close his mouth...
    Why wasn't he pissed at her playing up periscope with Ray in the tub?

As she has pretty extreme underlying conditions in real life is the actress who plays her at work?? I could be very wrong sayin this but I’m only guessing - I know Maria’s young buck was “staying around at Izzy’s” when her n Garehhhh were at logger heads

Izzy's actor's real life health condition would put her at greater risk. I would hazard a guess that Beth's actor is in a similar situation since she hasn't appeared much if at all and often phones Kirk from offscreen to contribute to scenes. Looking down the cast list Moira also hasn't appeared since the start of the pandemic. Other characters like Fiz, Eileen, James and Seb took a lot longer than others to start reappearing.

Seems like a mixed bag with the minors. We've seen plenty of Lilly, Max, Asha, Aadi, Dylan and Sam, but no sign of Ruby, Jack, Liam or the baby characters. Obviously that's at the discretion of their respective parents.

Naturally it's everyone's own business and its all risk assessed, and undisclosed cast members have been positive over the year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Shelga wrote:
    Do Tim and Sally not realise Brexit has happened and you can't just up sticks and move to Spain anymore??

Yes. Such poor, poor writing. And how were they to make a living? Doesn't Tim part own taxi company? Does hr expect Sally to up sticks and take off? Alĺ so Faye can have her fresh start?

Jikashi wrote: »
    Izzy's actor's real life health condition would put her at greater risk. I would hazard a guess that Beth's actor is in a similar situation since she hasn't appeared much if at all and often phones Kirk from offscreen to contribute to scenes.
    I think Izzy was in bad health even before Covid. It's weird how the show has never made any statement about her, is she still a character or not?
    Why is gary not concerned about his son's whereabouts etc?
    https://www.fm104.ie/news/buzz/coronation-street-viewers-confused-by-missing-character/

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I’m loving the way the planets are alining to give Ray his comeuppance. A nasty piece of work.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Coronation Street has cast former Hollyoaks and EastEnders star Glen Wallace as Carla's friend Lucas.

In new scenes set to air next Friday (January 26), Carla will be left surprised that her new client at the factory is Lucas, whom she met while living in Devon.

She grabs lunch with him after yet another rejection from Peter, and is impressed when Lucas reveals that he has booked a hotel for the weekend and wants her to join him.

Roy Cropper will then step in to give Peter some hard truths, warning that it could be too late if he doesn't make peace with Carla now.

• Advertisement

Coronation Street has cast former Hollyoaks and EastEnders star Glen Wallace as Carla's friend Lucas.

In new scenes set to air next Friday (January 26), Carla will be left surprised that her new client at the factory is Lucas, whom she met while living in Devon.

She grabs lunch with him after yet another rejection from Peter, and is impressed when Lucas reveals that he has booked a hotel for the weekend and wants her to join him.

Roy Cropper will then step in to give Peter some hard truths, warning that it could be too late if he doesn't make peace with Carla now.

ffs - can she not go 5 episodes without a jump or the insinuation of one :(

Advertisement