Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ffs - can she not go 5 episodes without a jump or the insinuation of one :(
    Keep your eyes peeled for a sex addiction storyline on the horizon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,391 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Ray had a missus and kids, did Michelle mention this

Keep your eyes peeled for a sex addiction storyline on the horizon ;)

If Carla does she will be cured asap just like her alcoholism and mental health issues, Sarah Louise and Steve's mental health issues also cleared up fast if only it happened like that in real life, you would think his son's death would cause Steve to relapse into depression, even though Peter's alcoholism battle is repeat repeat at least we see his struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Why didn't Ray just make a grab for the phone?
    If he's capable of being a racist then he's capable of trying to overpower Abby.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If he's capable of being a racist then he's capable of trying to overpower Abby.

I think in the next episode we see that

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

She went on about it so much I wanted to grab it and give her a slap too...

Thought the scene with Adam and Faye was good....Adam was soo dissapointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Carla does she will be cured asap just like her alcoholism and mental health issues, Sarah Louise and Steve's mental health issues also cleared up fast if only it happened like that in real life, you would think his son's death would cause Steve to relapse into depression, even though Peter's alcoholism battle is repeat repeat at least we see his struggle

Same with Elaine (Tims mother) she was in a psychiatric hospital before Geoffs trial and she never returned and no mention of it, now she's following Yaz around offering advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Better call Saul reference was funny

Didn't Nick have brain damage too? It used to make him turn violent, I think he attacked Leanne or somebody.

They were saying it is permanent he will have to learn to live with it and then poof! the condition vanished and is never mentioned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Didn't Nick have brain damage too? It used to make him turn violent, I think he attacked Leanne or somebody.

They were saying it is permanent he will have to learn to live with it and then poof! the condition vanished and is never mentioned again.

..and David's epilepsy. Although I think it was mentioned once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

She's as bad if not worse than Maria. Maria had loads of relationships but not sure if many were illicit.

Yes, he once had an outburst towards Leanne where he said he4 job was to walk around with a mattress on her back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Why didn't Ray just make a grab for the phone? If he's capable of being a racist then he's capable of trying to overpower Abby.

He probably thought it pointless because he assumed she would have been smart enough ( I know, I know) to have made a copy before talking to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I absolutely despise Abbie. Does she work anymore or is trying to take Ray down her full time job....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think she’s a sex addict.

Sean horrible t shirt is back again I see

Yes and now he is full time parent to Sam

BTW where is Natasha's flat, if close by how come no one bumped into her before the hospital :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

fin12 wrote: »
    I absolutely despise Abbie. Does she work anymore or is trying to take Ray down her full time job....

An ex smack head who’s children were taken from, taking the moral high ground!

An ex smack head who’s children were taken from, taking the moral high ground!

Abi never fought this hard for any of her kids, revenge on Ray is her top priority yet she dated the creep

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Abi never fought this hard for any of her kids, revenge on Ray is her top priority yet she dated the creep

And all of a sudden her and Roy are good friends with her popping into Roys rolls for a chat, it was a bit believable when it was Carla and Roy as friends but not Abi, Roy would never be friends with someone like Abi. The way she picked up that solicitors letter and read it when Roy was clearly trying to hide it and then told her not to read it but she read it anyway. She is very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,838 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

that scene with David in the living room standing all on his own looking around solemnly in the house he grew up in i was sure the producers were going to play some echo'y voices of young david and sarah and the rest of the family in the background

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

that scene with David in the living room standing all on his own looking around solemnly in the house he grew up in i was sure the producers were going to play some echo'y voices of young david and sarah and the rest of the family in the background

That scene was nice as it was, I think the echo voices would have been cringe overload.

Nah, because theyll be back in there tonight when the dodgy deal falls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Filming being paused for 2 weeks from next week, as a consequence of covid-19.

https://twitter.com/itvcorrie/status/1352654398435033091?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Shelga wrote: »
    Filming being paused for 2 weeks from next week, as a consequence of covid-19.

https://twitter.com/itvcorrie/status/1352654398435033091?s=21

I'd actually prefer quality over quantity. No need for 6 episodes a week , 3 quality ones would do.

A good writer could make something out of watching paint dry. There would be no need for the constant high octane storylines such as abuse, addiction, rape, murder, Bethany and the grooming etc etc if they could write. These are crutches to try to make up for the inability to write a decent script.

hamburgham wrote: »
    I'd actually prefer quality over quantity. No need for 6 episodes a week , 3 quality ones would do.

A good writer could make something out of watching paint dry. There would be no need for the constant high octane storylines such as abuse, addiction, rape, murder, Bethany and the grooming etc etc if they could write. These are crutches to try to make up for the inability to write a decent script.
    I agree. They seem to be piling on the ott storylines each one trying to outdo the last.
    If you say here is this back-street in Manchester and look at all the things that have happened there in the last 5 or 10 years- murders, shootouts, explosions, kidnapping, buildings collapsing, sink hole, tram crash! It's bizarre, it has just gone too far really.

I forgot the weddings- could just one person in Weatherfield ever have a normal wedding without some big drama happening?
    Remember Scott and Charlene's wedding in Neighbours? Watched by millions and still remembered nowadays; just a normal wedding with no plot twists.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Its like someone is scratching my eyeballs out. This is terrible :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Pistachio19

Have just switched over to another channel after seeing Abi stumbling in the ginnel. Can't take any more of Abi and the whole Ray debacle. How stupid was she to think that Ray would just roll over and own up to attempted rape.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Apparently filming has stopped again. Can't say it's a bad thing, unless someone has covid of course, but its putting it out of its misery for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Have just switched over to another channel after seeing Abi stumbling in the ginnel. Can't take any more of Abi and the whole Ray debacle. How stupid was she to think that Ray would just roll over and own up to attempted rape.

Stick with it...;)

Advertisement