Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Tim's mother is a great addition to Speed Daal :pac:. Card machine. Oh I'm not great with technology ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Are we supposed to believe that Ray manhandled an unconscious Abi all the way up the street and into the bistro in broad daylight with nobody seeing him :rolleyes:

They might be taking the fortnight off to boot the current writers, hire some new ones and get back to basics. (we can only hope)

Are we supposed to believe that Ray manhandled an unconscious Abi all the way up the street and into the bistro in broad daylight with nobody seeing him :rolleyes:

They might be taking the fortnight off to boot the current writers, hire some new ones and get back to basics. (we can only hope)

Yep. A guilty person can get away with such actions. Now if he was innocent......the whole street would have seen it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Yep. A guilty person can get away with such actions. Now if he was innocent......the whole street would have seen it!

:pac: :pac: so true :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

hamburgham wrote: »
    I'd actually prefer quality over quantity. No need for 6 episodes a week , 3 quality ones would do.

A good writer could make something out of watching paint dry. There would be no need for the constant high octane storylines such as abuse, addiction, rape, murder, Bethany and the grooming etc etc if they could write. These are crutches to try to make up for the inability to write a decent script.

I have to agree with you. I've said it before in this group that I really wish they would stop thinking of an 'outrageous' storyline and trying to force that into whatever character they think they can get away with. A slower pace, let the characters develop and the quality would be so much better. So many new characters arrive with great potential and then that potential is ruined by railroading stories involving teenage pregnancies, sexuality issues, addiction etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did Debbie kill Ray?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I'm confused as to what went on. Where were the others when the ambulance arrived to get Abbie? I thought maybe Ray had taken Debbie hostage or killed her and done a runner or something. But then Debbie just strolls into the hospital composed as anything, no mention of being in the bistro or calling the ambulance for Abbie or anything. So what went on.....

Did Debbie kill Ray?
    Possibly. He was about to kill her and suddenly she is fine and he has vanished. Hmmm... it weas Debbie in the kitchen with the meat cleaver :D
    Would she have hidden his body in the bistro?
    Can't see her hauling him out to her car and dumping him somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Something to watch out for , Ray falls and cuts his hand on a glass...blood on the floor...;)

• Advertisement

Something to watch out for , Ray falls and cuts his hand on a glass...blood on the floor...;)
    Aha, well spotted. Evidence of foul play.
    Don't forget that Abi has amnesia about the whole incident, nobody knows Debbie was there; three guess who will get the blame for doing him in ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Michael is so thick, his mother can barely have grace over for a visit and he still plans on asking her can she move in?

Michael does my head in ever since someone here pointed out that every time he talks he makes big gestures with his hands and arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Michael does my head in ever since someone here pointed out that every time he talks he makes big gestures with his hands and arms.

Don’t forget his “mince pies”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Aha, well spotted. Evidence of foul play.
    Don't forget that Abi has amnesia about the whole incident, nobody knows Debbie was there; three guess who will get the blame for doing him in ;)
    Surely the police would have the 999 recording .. I know the coppers are thick as **** on this but surely it’s one of the first things they would look for.
    Funny as well not one business or house has any CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Don’t forget his “mince pies”

What mince pies?

He's a bloody twat. Yeah, let the detested girlfriend move in. All will be fine ffs. Most likely not his baby anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What mince pies?

He's a bloody twat. Yeah, let the detested girlfriend move in. All will be fine ffs. Most likely not his baby anyway

It is his baby, they had a dna test and he had the results posted directly to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

You'd think Kirk and Beth wouldn't be stuck for money, they both work and have no children to look after, where do they live anyway, are they shaking up with someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

You'd think Kirk and Beth wouldn't be stuck for money, they both work and have no children to look after, where do they live anyway, are they shaking up with someone?

They live directly above the kebab shop. I believe Aiden and Eva lived there until Aiden's death.

But yeah the idea that two people in their forties with fulltime jobs, with dividends from Underworld, no commute, no major expenses or dependents, and meagre lifestyles without extravagance even before the necessity to stay away from events and social get-togethers, could be scraping to pay the most basic expenses as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have to say I laughed at Emma's interaction in the Rovers about the baby names and her in depth knowledge of hard rock lead singers, very unexpected.

• Advertisement

prunudo wrote: »
    Have to say I laughed at Emma's interaction in the Rovers about the baby names and her in depth knowledge of hard rock lead singers, very unexpected.
    She is obsessed with Maiden. Remember she got, was it Seb, to put a question in the pub quiz about them?
    Lead Your Daughter To The Slaughter was the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

She is obsessed with Maiden. Remember she got, was it Seb, to put a question in the pub quiz about them?
    Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter was the answer.
    ;)

Michaels baby....not convinced yet....didnt they go private for the test...was'nt it some place SHE choose...?

TBH lately i'm finding the writing in Corrie and Emmerdale dodgy to say the least..cant blame covid for everything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭prunudo

Lead Your Daughter To The Slaughter was the answer.

Haha, missed that. Just when I thought she was a bit airheaded and she came out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Is Seb living at Kevins now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

What mince pies?

Mince pies = Eyes 👀

Talking about Seb-why have he an Nina not hooked up yet? Him being a plain-clothes goth and all.
    I don't think thay have ever even chatted since she moved to the street, you think he would want to shoot the breeze with her about music at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Talking about Seb-why have he an Nina not hooked up yet? Him being a plain-clothes goth and all.
    I don't think thay have ever even chatted since she moved to the street, you think he would want to shoot the breeze with her about music at least.

Nina is probably more into women :pac:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Sparko

casio4 wrote: »
    Is Seb living at Kevins now?

Yes, they mentioned him moving in after him, Alina and Emma had to leave the salon flat because Audrey sold up to Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Nina is probably more into women :pac:
    She will be soon as predicted on here with Asha. Dev wants her concentrating more on her school work so she spends more time in Roy's to study and gets "close" to Nina. (Well as much as social distancing allows).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

She will be soon as predicted on here with Asha. Dev wants her concentrating more on her school work so she spends more time in Roy's to study and gets "close" to Nina. (Well as much as social distancing allows).
    That must be why they aged the twins up to 16 when they should be only 15.

Advertisement