Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm totally bored with the Abi character now, hope Ray does kill her soon he needs to stay...cant see her settling down with Kevin......

Gail and her fanny jokes - no
    Sean the peacock on screen - no
    Michael Bailey the idiot - no
    Gemma and her chav family - no

We need a serial killer to clean house or at least a bus crash kill them off so much deadwood in Corrie

Gail and her fanny jokes - no
    Sean the peacock on screen - no
    Michael Bailey the idiot - no
    Gemma and her chav family - no

We need a serial killer to clean house or at least a bus crash kill them off so much deadwood in Corrie

I find Gemma less annoying lately...AND she's lost a few pounds too...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I could just get rid of one person. It would be Craig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shelga wrote: »
    Debbie just makes no sense as a character whatsoever. The stuff about hating the street was probably a pack of lies, like the other stuff she told Abi. Hard to care about her at all.

Debbie is the new Kim Tate. Business woman. Heartless B.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Now her I like she’s good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Every time I see Abbie, I just want to hose her down and throw her clothes into a bath of bleach.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Every time I see Abbie, I just want to hose her down and throw her clothes into a bath of bleach.

Especially when she’s sitting on Kevin’s cream couch rubbing her horrible filthy shoes all over the cushions. I can smell them from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

jos28 wrote: »
    Imagine trying to attach a stair gate to that crap banisters

Exactly. The Dad is a builder and the bannister is just 2" x 2"s nailed together. Imagine the splinters you'd get off that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

happyday wrote: »
    Exactly. The Dad is a builder and the bannister is just 2" x 2"s nailed together. Imagine the splinters you'd get off that!

You’d definitely not slide down it!

• Advertisement

Does anybody watch Classic Corrie on ITV 3 in the afternoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No but what storyline they showing atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

What actually happened in the end there? Couldn't hear a word of it with our kids going bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

We need a new badess now that Tracey has gone all stepford wife.

fin12 wrote: »
    No but what storyline they showing atm?

Currently I think it's late Summer in 1997. The Battersby's have arrived with a few mothns, Jack and Vera are 40th years married, Kevin is living with Natalie and feuding with Sally, Des is trying to charm some one who works in The Rovers.(I like Des).

Currently I think it's late Summer in 1997. The Battersby's have arrived with a few mothns, Jack and Vera are 40th years married, Kevin is living with Natalie and feuding with Sally, Des is trying to charm some one who works in The Rovers.(I like Des).

The characters back then were more likeable...less youngsters too, which was nice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Shelga wrote: »
    Why on earth don’t Michael and Grace get their own place? He’s at least mid 20s, having a baby, time to grow up! Why force a woman your mother rightfully despises into her own house?!

The mother should have stood her ground. Let the two of them bugger off to Hull with the baby. Job done. Save us all the pain of that storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Yep. Addicted.
    I have i set to record. Watch a few every day. Finally caught up with what's showing at the moment.
    When I discovered it, it was 1988. Got to 1997 very quickly. Jesus the Battersbys were annoying. Leanne and Toyah the worst!

Leanne doing her spice girls bit with a broom in the factory.. painful.

Yep. Addicted.
    I have i set to record. Watch a few every day. Finally caught up with what's showing at the moment.
    When I discovered it, it was 1988. Got to 1997 very quickly. Jesus the Battersbys were annoying. Leanne and Toyah the worst!

I watched it last year and they were in 1994 and Sophie had just being born.
    I was hoping to see the Christmas Day episode. However the just skipped it.
    Back then there used only be 3 or 4 episodes at most tough.

Yep. Addicted.

I watched it last year and they were in 1994 and Sophie had just being born.
    I was hoping to see the Christmas Day episode. However the just skipped it.
    Back then there used only be 3 or 4 episodes at most tough.

The Battersbys were very rough when the first landed but I suppose the Spice Girls thing was of that era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Ray had the potential to be a good baddie in the Mike Baldwin mould but it seems that for the last few years the Corrie writers make every bad guy some sort of psycho. Ray could have been good if he had just have been a dodgy developer, bribing people etc. without also being a sleazy rapist type. Maybe Debbie can be a more normal antagonist for the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

The mother should have stood her ground. Let the two of them bugger off to Hull with the baby. Job done. Save us all the pain of that storyline.

I'd be sending the pair off on this

hqdefault.jpg

Ray had the potential to be a good baddie in the Mike Baldwin mould but it seems that for the last few years the Corrie writers make every bad guy some sort of psycho. Ray could have been good if he had just have been a dodgy developer, bribing people etc. without also being a sleazy rapist type. Maybe Debbie can be a more normal antagonist for the show.

Couldn't agree more. Ray could have being a checky, a bit of a womanizer type fella, arrogant and got a good run out off him instead they just want to go down the #metoo route type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,381 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show needs some Baldwins back, doubt Bradley Walsh would return as Danny but maybe Mark recast or have Linda with a son return, recasts if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Can't stand this Peter storyline. Mostly because of Carla's whinging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,381 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Can't stand this Peter storyline. Mostly because of Carla's whinging.

It's the same rinse repeat storylines for them, they are a toxic couple, I actually preferred Peter with Leanne and Carla with Nick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The show needs some Baldwins back, doubt Bradley Walsh would return as Danny but maybe Mark recast or have Linda with a son return, recasts if needed

Linda Baldwin was great. I think the actress just teaches now. Terrible pity, she was really good in Emmerdale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

jos28 wrote: »
    I'd be sending the pair off on this

hqdefault.jpg

Its actually a really silly storyline , imagine your son insisting that his pregnant girlfriend move into your house - does she work anymore not that she isnt childminding ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

magicray wrote: »
    Its actually a really silly storyline , imagine your son insisting that his pregnant girlfriend move into your house - does she work anymore not that she isnt childminding ?
    ...and you'd be in Hull in under two hours by train from Manchester, it's not like it's the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

spurious wrote: »
    ...and you'd be in Hull in under two hours by train from Manchester, it's not like it's the end of the world.

But, who would pay the train fare, they haven’t a pot to p*s in?

Advertisement