Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

spurious wrote: »
    ...and you'd be in Hull in under two hours by train from Manchester, it's not like it's the end of the world.

Ever been to Hull..??.it is...best thing to come out of Hull is the rugby team to an away match.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

magicray wrote: »
    Its actually a really silly storyline , imagine your son insisting that his pregnant girlfriend move into your house - does she work anymore not that she isnt childminding ?

Bloody ridiculous. As if anyone in their right mind would entertain having her living there after what she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Ok I'll say it, poor Ken.

Surprised the hotel didn't call the police or anything at all tbh. Covid or no covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

Are we supposed to like Grace now? Painful. And yer man's delivery is woeful - every line is like his brain is just telling him to shout out his lines in the right order.

Also did the Undertaker say 'I'm just going to drain me spuds' when he went to the loo? That doesn't mean what he thinks it means unless he was actually going for a quick Armitage Shank after gazing at the lovely Gail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

optogirl wrote: »
    Are we supposed to like Grace now? Painful. And yer man's delivery is woeful - every line is like his brain is just telling him to shout out his lines in the right order.

Not to mention the psycho eyes on him.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,381 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Only until she’d had the second vaccination. If it was any longer, they’d have sent her to Canada with whatshisname.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You know them toys...round with projections all over them.. that vibrate when you turn them on...and when placed on a surface, they jiggle about all over the place? That's Michael Bailey, that is...
    Those who remember History Today with Newman and Baddiel might enjoy that reference (:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope they do a bit more work on the Bailey family. Apart from Michael dozing after Grace and James coming out and Angie talking about being a nurse. They haven't done much in nearly two years.
    There've a new family member arriving soon tough.
    Ed's brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Ken getting decked in the pub brought back nice memories of himself and mike Baldwin fighting in the rovers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

doughef wrote: »
    Ken getting decked in the pub brought back nice memories of himself and mike Baldwin fighting in the rovers !

Baldwin.. what a great character he was.

Ken's face.. not even a mark on it when he got back to the house.
    I'd imagine an 81 year old getting a smack from someone like peter would suffer some fractured bones, black eyes etc, and he went down hard as well.. Ken's obviously well up on his Vitamin D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

optogirl wrote: »

Also did the Undertaker say 'I'm just going to drain me spuds' when he went to the loo? That doesn't mean what he thinks it means unless he was actually going for a quick Armitage Shank after gazing at the lovely Gail.
    strain the spuds is the saying and it is for a pee

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Great delivery guy. He'd have been better off with the PG Tips Tea chimps.

God, your man was gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Are you referring to Lucas?

I actually found him likeable as a character. Peter is boring at this stage.

I was always Peter's champion but after seeing Lucas, I was va va voom.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I really felt for Peter and his situation tonight he's playing it very well. Lots of people like him keep drinking and would love to stop but can't, it's heartbreaking

Not as gorgeous as Petah.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Kevin doesn't well, and his speech is a bit slurry..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Todd is going too far now!.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I hate seeing Peter the way he is now. I hope he can make his way out of it and back to sobriety....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,381 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lucas seemed a Nick clone to me

I remember the actor in Hollyoaks as Malachy

Is it just me or does anyone else think Kevin doesn't well, and his speech is a bit slurry..?

Slurred speech, I didn’t notice but I think he has a drink problem in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Oh yes! Totally forgot about this. I do remember him now, from the few months I watched Hollyoaks around 2006-2007 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

fin12 wrote: »
    Slurred speech, I didn’t notice but I think he has a drink problem in real life.
    A lot of soap stars seem to have drink problems. Curly Watts was putting away a bottle of vodka a day at his worst! I think that's why they canned him.

I thought if you turned up drunk on set nowadays you would be out on your ear straight away or sent to dry out.
    The days of Oliver Reed et al are long gone.

I actually thought it was Nick standing in the doorway! Another silly storyline. Peter and Roy are both played well. Great actors.

So Aud and Gail are bezzy mates again..did we miss something...:confused:
    Missed Paul and Billy getting the piano up the stairs..
    Petah's a selfish fcuk...
    Glad Kev still doesnt trust Debbie ....
    Lucas.."we dont have to do anything".....the last words a rape victim hears...

• Advertisement

A lot of soap stars seem to have drink problems. Curly Watts was putting away a bottle of vodka a day at his worst! I think that's why they canned him.

I thought if you turned up drunk on set nowadays you would be out on your ear straight away or sent to dry out.
    The days of Oliver Reed et al are long gone.

Also I think Les Battersby but that poor fella found one of the Yorkshire rippers victims, was never right after it. I always hoped Corrie would take him back and give him another chance. They fired him for telling someone about an upcoming story in a pub.

Advertisement