Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Abi works better as one of the lads, friends only with Tim, Steve and Kev

She got heart broken by Peter and now Ray (even though I kinda liked sleaze Ray with Abi)

Ray one night, Kevin the next. She's not that heart broken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gail the wedding planner :p

I would have thought Shona's injury would have halted the wedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Gail the wedding planner :p

I would have thought Shona's injury would have halted the wedding

Ah poor Gail..they really have turned her into a sad old woman now..even Aud still has all her marbles..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That Gemma is unbearable, the self pitying is becoming very grating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

fin12 wrote: »
    That Gemma is unbearable, the self pitying is becoming very grating.

Unfortunately I think it's going to get worse. Now that poor baba has been diagnosed as deaf, we're going to get Gemma screaming and roaring 100% more than before. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Unfortunately I think it's going to get worse. Now that poor baba has been diagnosed as deaf, we're going to get Gemma screaming and roaring 100% more than before. :(

The best thing that could happen that child is being deaf.... never has to hear Gemma the self centred cow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It's so repetitive..she rants about something then when she calls down she whines about what a terrible mother she is.. Chesney then grimaces and gurns and kindly tries to cheer her up telling her she's just the most wonderful mother ever.. Gemma behaves like a 14yr old... She's 30 ffs!

Ann22 wrote: »
    It's so repetitive..she rants about something then when she calls down she whines about what a terrible mother she is.. Chesney then grimaces and gurns and kindly tries to cheer her up telling her she's just the most wonderful mother ever.. Gemma behaves like a 14yr old... She's 30 ffs!

Maybe its because theyre not far from the truth that people are finding them tiresome....wait till the kids bigger....:eek:

Can we please get rid of Gemma, Chesney and the babies ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

Can we please get rid of Gemma, Chesney and the babies ugh!

I wonder do the writers realise how much of a hassle they've created for themselves with all these children. 4 more kids that will spend years "upstairs" and contribute to the usual questions about who is looking after them when Gemma and Chesney are spotted in the pub together every evening. And then the older they get that house they're in will become more and more farcical for housing 2 adults and 5 children. I'd say it must be pretty loud on set with so many babies too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

No break yet either...
    Gemma goes to baby senses classes and "befriends" two mummies but they are taking the pi55 out of her behind her back for her common ways.

No break yet either...
    Gemma goes to baby senses classes and "befriends" two mummies but they are taking the pi55 out of her behind her back for her common ways.

I rarely watch Corrie any more, but saw it one evening last week and asked my companions when did it become full of nasty people? No love, friendship or even genuine affection in any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bethany blacklisted from jobs is gas tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

As if you would steam your face in the room where your son his talking to his boyfriend:eek: Tracys tapes coming down from upstairs after all these years was a nice touch and means something to us long time watchers:D:):):)

casio4 wrote: »
    As if you would steam your face in the room where your son his talking to his boyfriend:eek: Tracys tapes coming down from upstairs after all these years was a nice touch and means something to us long time watchers:D:):):)

Aw I missed to that! I'll have to play it again. 😉

Sparko wrote: »
    I wonder do the writers realise how much of a hassle they've created for themselves with all these children. 4 more kids that will spend years "upstairs" and contribute to the usual questions about who is looking after them when Gemma and Chesney are spotted in the pub together every evening. And then the older they get that house they're in will become more and more farcical for housing 2 adults and 5 children. I'd say it must be pretty loud on set with so many babies too!

I think they have to have 2 actor babies to play each of the quads. Imagine the fuss that must cause! I suppose all of them must have a parent on set too.

Has Claudia sold her salons, she does not strike me as retirement home or village ready, that shy retiring knitting reading type etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ab4248

Has Claudia sold her salons, she does not strike me as retirement home or village ready, that shy retiring knitting reading type etc.,

Ya this retirement home thing is very odd

Very strange. As was Tracy negotiating with her about buying the house - it belongs to Ken and I'm fairly sure children would get the hump over a recent girlfriend calling the shots about the family home.

Watching the repeat! Oh sweet Devine!! Agree with ye about Gemma. The house thing is mad, where’s ken? And abbey! No words!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Imagine waking up and seeing 6 of Gemma's faces.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Shelga

I assume Bethany and Daniel are meant to have slept together by now? I mean, it’s been a whole week.

Imagine waking up and seeing 6 of Gemma's faces.

Weak! Wish I could post emojis 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Ah poor Gail..they really have turned her into a sad old woman now..even Aud still has all her marbles..

Looking back, Gail as a long time character in Corrie became very dizzy following her involvement with Richard Hillman between 2001 - 2003. A reminder of him is on the wikipedia link below here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hillman

Gail never really recovered from this and has come across as a bit simple that even her own offspring treat her like crap when it suits them. Her son David refers to his on-screen mother as just "Gail" as well which confirms a lack of respect. Lines like, "Ah well, what would you expect from Gail!" or "This is Gail we're talking about here!".

I much preferred Gail when she was with Martin Platt or Brian Tilsley all those years ago and the interfering mother-in-law Ivy (aka "Poison Ivy")

https://coronation-street-past-and-present.fandom.com/wiki/Gail_Rodwell

https://coronation-street-past-and-present.fandom.com/wiki/Audrey_Roberts

https://coronation-street-past-and-present.fandom.com/wiki/Richard_Hillman

https://coronation-street-past-and-present.fandom.com/wiki/Brian_Tilsley

https://coronation-street-past-and-present.fandom.com/wiki/Martin_Platt

https://coronation-street-past-and-present.fandom.com/wiki/Ivy_Brennan

pjohnson wrote: »
    Bethany blacklisted from jobs is gas tbf.

Who is this Ray guy?? Richard Branson?? :D

To be fair I quite like the actor. Id love if they showed different aspects to him. I remember the character that Martin Kemp played in Eastenders (Steve Owen) and I always liked the way they explored the many layers of his character. On one hand the suave flash sophisticated East End gangster come business man and on the other hand, when he was exposed he became this cowering simpering pathetic mess. I hope they can do similar with Ray. Maybe put in backstory that makes up emphatise with the character a small bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭magicray

The house thing is silly

We also have Adam and Daniel in the mix, I am thinking that Adam will buy it as a home for Sarah and himself - they are getting married soon and don't currently live together as far as I can see anyway - last I remember Adam was living in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Who is this Ray guy?? Richard Branson?? :D

To be fair I quite like the actor. Id love if they showed different aspects to him. I remember the character that Martin Kemp played in Eastenders (Steve Owen) and I always liked the way they explored the many layers of his character. On one hand the suave flash sophisticated East End gangster come business man and on the other hand, when he was exposed he became this cowering simpering pathetic mess. I hope they can do similar with Ray. Maybe put in backstory that makes up emphatise with the character a small bit.

https://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-many-faces-of-corries-sleazy-sex.html

The actor who portrays the sleazy character, Ray on Coronation Street is Mark Frost and below is a show-reel of his work over the years from various roles he has played.

http://www.cam.co.uk/client/mark-frost/#

Every drama needs a convincing villain and I think Ray's got all the ingredients much like Pat Phelan had during his stint on the show. You don't know what the character is gonna say or do from one day to the next which makes it a lot more interesting.
    Gary Windass has not been credible enough playing the bad guy and I'm not sure his character has a future on the show at this stage as his on-screen parents Anna & Eddie Windass (and Gary's uncle, Len Windass in the early days) have long since departed the show. I never understood why Len Windass (Eddie's brother) was written out of the show as he was a quite convincing character back in the day.

https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Len_Windass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

I really dislike blackmail stories, lying to the police stories and jail stories.

I have never seen anything like Corrie for crap police stories, jailing the wrong person, numerous court cases, all from seemingly normal individuals. There's not many without a criminal record on the street!!! And those without a record have been tied up in a crime story one way or another.

Can Gail for the love of god cut her hair I can’t even see the girl anymore

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    Very strange. As was Tracy negotiating with her about buying the house - it belongs to Ken and I'm fairly sure children would get the hump over a recent girlfriend calling the shots about the family home.

Was the house mortgaged for Tracy's murder case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Can Gail for the love of god cut her hair I can’t even see the girl anymore
    You would think she didn’t know any hairdressers or something

threetrees wrote: »
    I really dislike blackmail stories, lying to the police stories and jail stories.

I have never seen anything like Corrie for crap police stories, jailing the wrong person, numerous court cases, all from seemingly normal individuals. There's not many without a criminal record on the street!!! And those without a record have been tied up in a crime story one way or another.

So do I! It's tiresome seeing people give in to insatiable blackmailers or unfair convictions followed by weeks of horrible grey depressing prison scenes.

Corrie has really gone to pot in recent years culminating in this ridiculous and annoying quads story. I watch Emmerdale as well and it’s far better, with characters you can sympathise with unlike any in Corrie and better storylines too!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ray is growing on me, he's a good villain and very believable much better than Gary Windass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Love Bethany's suit !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

A year in prison kevin would face Paula said. Would he not just take his chances with Court?

Will Ray keep Tyrone, Kevin and Abi in jobs at the garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MartDublin

Love Bethany's suit !!!

Me too, would look great on my bedroom floor!

MartDublin wrote: »
    Me too, would look great on my bedroom floor!

Have you a leaky radiator??........awful....:P

Was the house mortgaged for Tracy's murder case?

Sounds vaguely familiar.

• Advertisement

Sarah should have given Beth a warning for using the wrong material, and work towards firing her. She's a total cow yet constantly gets away with it.

Ray Crosby has secret link to current character

You might think that sleazy sex pest Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) is a flash in the pan and that Coronation Street residents will soon be rid of him now his mask has slipped and his true colours have come to light.

But there is a lot more to come from Ray, who has some secret ulterior motives for being in Coronation Street and taking over the businesses there – and there is someone in particular who will find himself targeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

This might be my last day to watch Corrie. Gaslighting Geoff AND wretched Ray in the same episode.... too much evil and misery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Will Ray keep Tyrone, Kevin and Abi in jobs at the garage?

He doesnt own the business. He's their Landlord. So by all rights he can't fire them. But I think Coronation Street has its own legal jurisdiction where anything goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭magicray

Ray Crosby has secret link to current character

You might think that sleazy sex pest Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) is a flash in the pan and that Coronation Street residents will soon be rid of him now his mask has slipped and his true colours have come to light.

But there is a lot more to come from Ray, who has some secret ulterior motives for being in Coronation Street and taking over the businesses there – and there is someone in particular who will find himself targeting.

That sounds interesting, wonder why he has the link to ?
    Anyone any guesses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Shelga

magicray wrote: »
    Anyone any guesses

Eccles?

This might be my last day to watch Corrie. Gaslighting Geoff AND wretched Ray in the same episode.... too much evil and misery.

Im staying for Geoffs cumuppence but nothing else is currently attractive.

I like a baddie so I do... along the lines of Tony Gordon, remember him...Ray has potential..hope they show a tiny glimpse of humanity. The best villains have a hint of likeability hovering behind their mad eyes. Geoff is just too horrible. Looking forward to his comeuppance.
    Who gives 40 shades of sh1te about who gets to buy Ken's house...feck sake.
    Bethany shouldn't have took the blame for that Beth one. In all fairness though, Daniel should restrain himself in public for a while. Sinead's barely cold in the ground. It has to be hurtful for those who miss her.

magicray wrote: »
    Anyone any guesses

Johnny or Nick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Sick of Abbey and her carry on. How can a woman her age be that stupid. Has she learned nothing from her past.

• Advertisement
Advertisement