Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

fin12 wrote: »
    Also I think Les Battersby but that poor fella found one of the Yorkshire rippers victims, was never right after it. I always hoped Corrie would take him back and give him another chance. They fired him for telling someone about an upcoming story in a pub.

Never knew that about Les. Mind you i saw some fly on the wall thing where he was one of several people trying to get fit. His wife said he was in the pub every night without fail and she anted him to cut down.

He was pretending to go on power walks for the show but was straight round to the pub telling the crew 'don't tell the wife'.

Soap acting must be depressing as hell in the long-term.
    You are trading off the security of having a job for years with the fact that you get very little time off and it would become a drudge.

You also have to deal with the bs storylines they push nowadays.

Ken Barlow was complaining that in the old days you could take home your script for the week and read and practice your lines. Now you arrive on set get your script for the day and you only get 15 or 20 minutes max to go over it.
    It might explain why the quality of acting on soaps has taken such a drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

Any decent piano needs to be moved by professional piano movers and then retuned. Paul must have missed that bit.

I love Roy, and I love that the whole street loves Roy too. He is respected and loved for all his little habits.

Nina is playing a blinder, again, quirky and accepted.

I gasped when Peter punched Ken. Was not expecting that!

Is George going to go through the whole street of single women? I quite liked Archie Shuttleworth at the time, pity his son is a complete muppet.

I like Debbie/Annie Lennox. Hope she stays for a good while more.

I bloody knew Ray wasn't dead, Corrie does that every now and again. Wasn't Pat Phelan presumed dead and returned, and one of Gail's husband's faked his death I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

threetrees wrote: »
    Any decent piano needs to be moved by professional piano movers and then retuned. Paul must have missed that bit.

I love Roy, and I love that the whole street loves Roy too. He is respected and loved for all his little habits.

Nina is playing a blinder, again, quirky and accepted.

I gasped when Peter punched Ken. Was not expecting that!

Is George going to go through the whole street of single women? I quite liked Archie Shuttleworth at the time, pity his son is a complete muppet.

I like Debbie/Annie Lennox. Hope she stays for a good while more.

I bloody knew Ray wasn't dead, Corrie does that every now and again. Wasn't Pat Phelan presumed dead and returned, and one of Gail's husband's faked his death I think.

Cant believe Ken only had a bloodied nose for about 10 seconds. ..a man his age , he should have looked like Violet Beauregarde

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I like Debbie too. She adds a bit of much needed zing. Ray was awful to watch/listen to. Debbie reminds me of Scrappy in Scooby Doo :D

ETA : I loved when Gail said she was meeting someone she met on the internet, but is meeting him in the pub to make sure he's not a psycho. Audrey tells her, pity you never thought of that before :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Cant believe Ken only had a bloodied nose for about 10 seconds. ..a man his age , he should have looked like Violet Beauregarde

You are totally right. But I was wondering when he felt a bit light-headed and sat down in his arm-chair at home, did the blow affect him more than he realised? More might come of this I think.

Yes someone that old getting a punch they would have massive multicoloured bruising on that side of the face.

I was looking back at some old fights from Corro on yt and they are very tame now in comparison- one punch and that is it usually.
    There was lots of fake blood and nasty looking injuries back in the 90s but you don't see that anymore.
    Big Jim McDonald even battered that creep Jez to death for God sake :eek:

Need Mike Strutter in Corrie for a bit.....:eek:...WARNING CONTAINS FUN....:D

https://youtu.be/wEGWoTUg6bE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Seb was definitely giving Nina. The eye when he was leaving the cafe the last day, unfortunately for him he’s barking up the wrong tree......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Seb was definitely giving Nina. The eye when he was leaving the cafe the last day, unfortunately for him he’s barking up the wrong tree......

Aye her and Alya are gonna happen, its been coming for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,372 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rapul wrote: »
    Aye her and Alya are gonna happen, its been coming for months.

Alya is with Ryan

I assume you mean Asha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yes typo!

Love Debbie they better keep her she bring a bit of sparkle to the street

deffo...if he goes near her she'll chop off that ridiculous bun...knobhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think Alina is definitely been set up for an affair with Tyrone. Sigh.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,101 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hilarious that Aadi is quoting Trump

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Yer man is better robbing Mr. Kipling cakes at parties. Prints all over the place and a daylight robbery... Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I take it Simon is going down the criminal route now with his buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Dreading the lesbian storyline between Asha and Nina. Can they not just let 2 girls be friends. I'd much prefer a good story of 2 friends having fun and looking out for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jos28 wrote: »
    Dreading the lesbian storyline between Asha and Nina. Can they not just let 2 girls be friends. I'd much prefer a good story of 2 friends having fun and looking out for each other.

Same here!
    Has Nina every mentioned her sexuality?
    I take it if they get together Cory will do something bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Same here!
    Has Nina every mentioned her sexuality?
    I take it if they get together Cory will do something bad!

I'm sure he will, so predictable :rolleyes: Asha really needs a friend. Soaps never seem to do happy, normal stuff now and I wish they would. Remember Bet Lynch and a gang heading off to Spain on their holliers. For once I'd like to see normal people heading off for the weekend, going on holidays, shopping - anything but the predictable, sensationalist sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Soooo bored of Peter and his withdrawal symptoms. Give the man storylines other than his alcoholism please, for the love of god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Chris Gascogne is a brilliant actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I reckon Tyrone needs those earplugs more than Fizz does. When Fizz is awake....

I'm sure he will, so predictable :rolleyes: Asha really needs a friend. Soaps never seem to do happy, normal stuff now and I wish they would. Remember Bet Lynch and a gang heading off to Spain on their holliers. For once I'd like to see normal people heading off for the weekend, going on holidays, shopping - anything but the predictable, sensationalist sh1t
    Jack and Vera, Hilda and Stan, Derek and Mavis they were all characters who could be really entertaining even with the smallest of storylines.
    Remember the saga of Derek Wilton's gnome being kidnapped and held for ransom by Des :D or him buying the Mile Muncher off Norris and them falling out over it when he got injured.

Vera's delusions of grandeur with The Old Rectory and thinking they were related to the royal family. Jack sneaking around spending his money on pints and the nags.

Happily(ish) married couples who have never had an affair- a rarity on Corro now :(

Serious lack of funny characters now. Like Reg Holdsworth, the rotund Indian guy that worked in the shop, Blanche, Les Battersby, Norris, Fred Elliot and earlier Tyrone.
    Kirk is really the only light relief now and he gets very little time on screen lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Not sure if the plan is an affair for Tyrone, I thought maybe they are trying to be a funny couple with a lodger like Vera and Jack were

Its sad that all the soaps follow each others storylines...Peter/Laurel...Luke being forced to be gay,...and now Nina and Asha....what next Nina drops her drawers and nearly pokes Asha's eye out...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

casio4 wrote: »
    Not sure if the plan is an affair for Tyrone, I thought maybe they are trying to be a funny couple with a lodger like Vera and Jack were

I'd prefer that (funny couple) especially if it means Alina going around with just a towel on. :D The obvious one now is for Fizz to go to Aberystwyth to take care of Auntie Flo. What could possibly happen?

Advertisement