Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'd prefer that (funny couple) especially if it means Alina going around with just a towel on. :D The obvious one now is for Fizz to go to Aberystwyth to take care of Auntie Flo. What could possibly happen?

Ty hides all the towels........i would..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Its sad that all the soaps follow each others storylines...Peter/Laurel...Luke being forced to be gay,...and now Nina and Asha....what next Nina drops her drawers and nearly pokes Asha's eye out...:p

Yep, I hate that they are all storyline and not character driven. Let the characters develop please.

Please I don’t want an affair storyline for Fiz & Tyrone boring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Please I don’t want an affair storyline for Fiz & Tyrone boring!

The way Corrie is going, it'll probably be an affair between Fizz bomb and Alina.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Why did fiz sit down with a glass of wine with a big grin after Alina appeared half naked ?

I know I certainly would !!! ....
    but what’s that about ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

doughef wrote: »
    Why did fiz sit down with a glass of wine with a big grin after Alina appeared half naked ?

I know I certainly would !!! ....
    but what’s that about ?

I think it was because Tyrone ran off leaving her in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I hadn't been picking up any interest in Asha from Nina's side...although Asha clearly has feelings for her. Dev will do his nut if they get together. I find it hard to invest much interest in same sex relationships.. especially in previously straight characters. I'd like her and Seb to get together.
    How did Alina not hear Fiz banging the pot before she waltzed in with the face cloth wrapped around her. Fcuk sake...has Fiz brain damage or what?? What woman would be comfortable in that living situation? Alina is extremely pretty but her sweet innocent pout and enduring niceness gets on my nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Not a week goes by without the police paying a visit to the street. To save time they should set up a sub station there manned by Craig.

Are theŕe any characters who have not been involved, questioned or arrested by the police?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bobbyss wrote: »
    Not a week goes by without the police paying a visit to the street. To save time they should set up a sub station there manned by Craig.

Are theŕe any characters who have not been involved, questioned or arrested by the police?

Don’t think so, even Roy has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

fin12 wrote: »
    Don’t think so, even Roy has been.

I remember many years ago when Roy and Ken were suspected of transporting drugs for some reason and the police chopped up their anoraks and shopping bags to search for narcotics.

Then of course Roy was convicted for assault when he belted seven bells out of a thieving Windass with a cricket bat.

Roy was also arrested for shoplifting strawberries for Hayley.

And the time he and Evelyn were suspected of dogging in the woodie.

Oh and then there was the time he was charged with kidnapping that lad Wayne.

Any other criminal chicanery from poor Royston?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Eccles.

To thine own self be true

Jikashi wrote: »
    I remember many years ago when Roy and Ken were suspected of transporting drugs for some reason and the police chopped up their anoraks and shopping bags to search for narcotics.

Then of course Roy was convicted for assault when he belted seven bells out of a thieving Windass with a cricket bat.

I actually don’t like Roy at all. Find him a pain in the h*le.

Eccles.

Was Eccles attacked or knocked down? I’m thinking something happened him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

True. We should know all of the local police really well by now. They could have a spin off series set in the police station - like a UK Red Rock. We could hear their reactions when they get called out to Coronation Street yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Jikashi wrote: »

You have some memory, how do yo do it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

happyday wrote: »
    True. We should know all of the local police really well by now. They could have a spin off series set in the police station - like a UK Red RockWreck. We could hear their reactions when they get called out to Coronation Street yet again.

FYP ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tyrone is supposed to be nearly 40 isn't he? And Alina's supposed to be a bit older than Seb, who is about 20?

As if in real life she would look twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

hamburgham wrote: »
    You have some memory, how do yo do it ?

Haha, maybe I'm too much like Roy myself.
    I started watching with my mom as a kid in the '90s (some of the earliest stories I remember seeing were Sarah's pregnancy, the Frescos siege, Toyah's rape, and when the cobbles were going to be all dug up) and now I'm my thirties still following it.

They have yet to cast a more fun character than Blanche Hunt and Fred Elliott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,081 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait what age is Nina meant to be actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wait what age is Nina meant to be actually?

Think she was 17 when she arrived, so 18/19 I presume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,081 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Should she not be in school herself then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

pjohnson wrote: »
    Should she not be in school herself then?

She was at college when Roy found her, but seems to have dropped out to work in the cafe and design knickers for Carla.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She was at college when Roy found her, but seems to have dropped out to work in the cafe and design knickers for Carla.
    EasyOff by Nina@UnderWorld®
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,372 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When did Asha and Nina kiss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Curlysue76 wrote:

An adult yes you are right.
    And Asha would be a minor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

I assume they aged up Dev's twins by a year because of this storyline. I read somewhere that they're supposed to have just turned 15 but the show just celebrated their 16th birthday.

I'm almost sure Dev's other daughter Amber was gay/bi, I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned it.

Edit - Asha just mentioned it. I'm not watching live!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Remember the other night in the cafe they got really close to each other about to kiss and it cut to break or diff scene but when next seen Asha was apologising for kissing Nina

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Hmmm. Passed me by too! Awful storyline. Why can’t two people just be friends?

WTF is that Bimbo dining with Jenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,101 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Beginning to like Asha and Aadi. I really loved Asha being upfront and honest with Dev - and how Aadi reacted and then Roy was bloody brilliant with the advice he gave Dev.

Todd is an evil bastard altogether.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement