Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No its not true ffs. Roy is a straight man. As I said this is just ridiculous transphobia.

what was Mary being when she asked David was he identifying as a woman? Like WTF was that about , reverse transphobia there I think... and then saying to Tracey oh u have to identify as a woman even if u biological one, she’s a stupid cow and should just leave, brings nothing to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Seems you can't say anything these days.....

PC brigade alive and well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

gammygils wrote: »
    I reckon Ted will leave Gail an inheritance and she'll buy No. 8

I don't know why anyone would want to buy a house with a sinkhole in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I don't know why anyone would want to buy a house with a sinkhole in the garden.
    But didn't Ray somehow engineer that sinkhole and get his "engineer" in to tell David that it was going to be expensive to fix? Maybe it isn't really a sinkhole at all and a couple of wheelbarrow loads of topsoil would sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

But didn't Ray somehow engineer that sinkhole and get his "engineer" in to tell David that it was going to be expensive to fix? Maybe it isn't really a sinkhole at all and a couple of wheelbarrow loads of topsoil would sort it out.

Get the Baileys in to do it. They'll have it done and dusted by Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Bish bash bosh..your own pool....:P

is it not odd to the plod that Ray goes missing, and Debbie takes over all his businesses...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How exactly did Ray create the sinkhole? I missed that bit. I saw it collapsing in after Shona and her big behind had been jumping on the kids trampoline where it happened.
    Did Ray tunnel in under the garden, plant explosives or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

How exactly did Ray create the sinkhole? I missed that bit. I saw it collapsing in after Shona and her big behind had been jumping on the kids trampoline where it happened.
    Did Ray tunnel in under the garden, plant explosives or something?

I want to see a flashback with Ray channeling Wile E. Coyote as he tunnels around and plants big red cartoon TNT.

Bish bash bosh..your own pool....:P

is it not odd to the plod that Ray goes missing, and Debbie takes over all his businesses...:confused:

Sally be jealous she only has a hot tub lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Didn't it just show Ray had hired that man to be working for the water company or pretend to be, I'm not sure cause it was patchy and you had to add it up, but it showed that chap come into Ray's office after he was in David's telling him and Shona about the damage that he somehow caused for Ray, still don't know how one would create a safe sinkhole!

• Advertisement

rapul wrote: »
    Didn't it just show Ray had hired that man to be working for the water company or pretend to be, I'm not sure cause it was patchy and you had to add it up, but it showed that chap come into Ray's office after he was in David's telling him and Shona about the damage that he somehow caused for Ray, still don't know how one would create a safe sinkhole!
    Oh, is it possible that the sinkhole occured naturally. Now that I think of it the first person they told after it happened was Ray- he offered to let them stay at his hotel for free. Then perhaps Ray saw the chance for chicanery; rang the council surveyor guy who was on his payroll (like the entire council it seems) and told him to make out the damage was really bad and the house was unsafe.
    Then hopefully Ray could swoop in and buy the house for a song, pretend he was doing dozy David a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm sure Ray mentioned that he kept pet moles at some stage.....:P

That's a very good theory, and I'd say your bang on! Going by his previous and bribing, fair play didn't cop that angle at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bid from your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

David was more like Kirk plugging out the router to listen to it. What did he expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Seems like Shonas head injury has disappeared it didn't come into it at all in those two episodes. It's annoying me how the door to the office in the Bistro is never shut never mind locked with all the business that goes on in there you would think they would shut or lock the door the only time i've seen it shut was when Ray was hitting on Faye. Did the police ever go in there to investigate the scene of the crime where Faye was raped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

casio4 wrote:
    Seems like Shonas head injury has disappeared it didn't come into it at all in those two episodes.

The way she spoke to Audrey about being loaded and suggesting she buy them the house wasnt exactly normal behaviour. Or when she wandered around holding the shovel that she had used to damage the internet for the whole street.. to do that in the first place would be thick enough never mind parading around the evidence.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    The way she spoke to Audrey about being loaded and suggesting she buy them the house wasnt exactly normal behaviour. Or when she wandered around holding the shovel that she had used to damage the internet for the whole street.. to do that in the first place would be thick enough never mind parading around the evidence.

Her character is like that anyway she's does things without thinking and is in your face, head injury or not that's how she always behaved

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

The characters of Mary and Roy were always modelled on people with mild autism/aspergers I've thought.
    It is an angle that other soaps dont really address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

How come Mary and Roy never got together?
    They're similar in their oddities.

Mary's only 51..I don't know how old Roy is but the actor who plays him is 72. Bit of an age gap there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

There was a lack of any kind of sign of mourning at Gail's father dying...no one seemed to give a sh1t. Odd I thought. Even Audrey was beaming with joy at booking her cruise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

casio4 wrote:
    Her character is like that anyway she's does things without thinking and is in your face, head injury or not that's how she always behaved

I felt those were more child-like things to do than her usual chav-like self

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Cash_Q wrote: »

Shona is a horrible character. Raging about the bank not giving them a loan eh?? you have no income ffs:confused:

I always found the Shona amnesia storyline a bit iffy.
    She has lost her memory permanently and has no idea who David is, she has also reverted back to being a child mentally speaking.
    David moves her back in and now the way he is sometimes treating her like a husband and lover and sometimes like a father giving out to a child and ordering her around is quite creepy.

I always found the Shona amnesia storyline a bit iffy.
    She has lost her memory permanently and has no idea who David is, she has also reverted back to being a child mentally speaking.
    David moves her back in and now the way he is sometimes treating her like a husband and lover and sometimes like a father giving out to a child and ordering her around is quite creepy.

Why do they bother with silly storylines to cover maternity leave? No one would miss them if nothing was said!
    Have anyone noticed Liz’s extended absence?

Liz has left, was in entertainment news yesterday. She said they can kill her off however they want she's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Will Mellor
    has joined Coronation Street. He'll be involved in the Simon drug story.
    He'll probably sleep with Leanne. Should be a good enough actor at playing the bad guy type.

Kevin and Debbie get locked in the freezer in the Bistro, Abi fearing he could have died proposes marriage

Why don't they bring in a temporary guest comedy character for some light relief like they used to do?
    Remember Peter Kay and his jazzercising mother, Ian McKellen as the scrounging writer they were great.

• Advertisement

rapul wrote: »
    Liz has left, was in entertainment news yesterday. She said they can kill her off however they want she's done.
    She is living with John in Spain now afaik. It would be impossible for her to commute over and back to do the show.

Advertisement