Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Will Mellor
    has joined Coronation Street. He'll be involved in the Simon drug story.
    He'll probably sleep with Leanne. Should be a good enough actor at playing the bad guy type.

Good to have him in it although as a baddie, his time maybe limited. Callum was the most ridiculous baddie...he looked like a boy band reject.. as a big scary gang leader he only had two sidekicks, Gemma and Macca..and that black dude for special occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ann22 wrote: »
    Good to have him in it although as a baddie, his time maybe limited. Callum was the most ridiculous baddie...he looked like a boy band reject.. as a big scary gang leader he only had two sidekicks, Gemma and Macca..and that black dude for special occasions.
    And Corro writers also like to have a murderous baddie in reseve.
    Someone who has gone into hiding and they can come back at any time for more mayhem when the ratings need a boost.

Phelan, the guy who tried to kill Roy in the bat-cave, and now Bez...er, sorry, I mean Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

"...its the neck..".....still makes me laugh...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

She is living with John in Spain now afaik. It would be impossible for her to commute over and back to do the show.

John aka Megashag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

"...its the neck..".....still makes me laugh...:D

Oh he was hilarious...brilliant clip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

who's living in the flat that Liz, Steve, Tracy and Amy lived in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

casio4 wrote: »

Nobody at the moment!

Ray................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Is Johnny having hallucinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭hamburgham

u
    Ann22 wrote: »
    There was a lack of any kind of sign of mourning at Gail's father dying...no one seemed to give a sh1t. Odd I thought. Even Audrey was beaming with joy at booking her cruise.

Death is different in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Look how young / small Simon is at the start, aww, in fairness to him always thought he was a very good child actor...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

hamburgham wrote: »
    u

Death is different in the UK.

How is it different? In the UK they take longer to have a funeral than here in Ireland but the poster was saying nobody seemed to be mourning or sad over Ted dying. They might not have known him well but to Gail he was her Dad and the way David spoke to her at the front door of the house wasn't very respectful. He just expected him Shona and the kids to be moving back in without even asking her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Is Johnny having hallucinations?

Jenny went to see him the other day and he mentioned a bleed on his brain if I remember correctly.. hallucinations are possibly following on from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

When Johnny was talking about the cockroaches I thought he was hallucinating. Glad someone else thinks same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Jenny went to see him the other day and he mentioned a bleed on his brain if I remember correctly.. hallucinations are possibly following on from that?

The doc said he had another lesion on his brain and that his eyesight might improve in a few weeks so I presume he was hallucinating - seeing the fella in the suit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Fiolina wrote: »
    The doc said he had another lesion on his brain and that his eyesight might improve in a few weeks so I presume he was hallucinating - seeing the fella in the suit too.

Yes first it was cockroaches and mice and then the man in the suit. Noone else seems to see them so I take it they are hallucinations. Poor Johnny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

David's 'Thanks for nothing' comment on the phone at the bank's refusal of a loan was inevitable. How frequently characters are disrespectful to the opinions of others is depressing. We see it all the time especially with doctors and nurses. ' Why aren't you saving his life', 'Do aomething about it' and the like.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Yes first it was cockroaches and mice and then the man in the suit. Noone else seems to see them so I take it they are hallucinations. Poor Johnny!

It appears to be part of his condition. “ The psychiatrist diagnoses Johnny with Charles Bonnet syndrome and assures him his condition is physical, not mental and if his medication works, the hallucinations will stop.”

How is it different? In the UK they take longer to have a funeral than here in Ireland but the poster was saying nobody seemed to be mourning or sad over Ted dying. They might not have known him well but to Gail he was her Dad and the way David spoke to her at the front door of the house wasn't very respectful. He just expected him Shona and the kids to be moving back in without even asking her

Gobsh1te...the brits dont have this word...It describes Gail to a tee, when you remember the crap she's put up with over the years from David you'll see that he has absolutely no respect for Gail, plus he's a scanger, Snona's a scanger too...Gail should leave them on that estate for a few months where they belong...well written if you ask me...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The whole Johnny story is ridiculous, with his health and eyesight that bad he wouldn’t be in the general prison postulation and certainly wouldn’t have a cleaning job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

bobbyss wrote: »
    David's 'Thanks for nothing' comment on the phone at the bank's refusal of a loan was inevitable. How frequently characters are disrespectful to the opinions of others is depressing. We see it all the time especially with doctors and nurses. ' Why aren't you saving his life', 'Do aomething about it' and the like.

Or Leanne going to give some call Centre agent ‘a piece of her mind’

‘Let me just log this under -mad neighbor takes shovel to WiFi supply to disrupt house auction’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

And Corro writers also like to have a murderous baddie in reseve.
    Someone who has gone into hiding and they can come back at any time for more mayhem when the ratings need a boost.

Phelan, the guy who tried to kill Roy in the bat-cave, and now Bez...er, sorry, I mean Ray.

Terry Duckworth was always a good man to have in reserve !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

doughef wrote: »
    Terry Duckworth was always a good man to have in reserve !!
    Yes Terry was a wrong un but I don't think he killed anyone (or did he?) so they were able to bring him back several times. Jack knew he was bad news but he was always Vera's little boy so he could wheedle his way back in with a hard-luck story.
    Same with Nick Cotton, he came back many times and could tug on his old Ma's heart-strings.

The likes of Phelan and Bez are one shot deals, like a trump card you can only play once. When they finally reappear you can be sure they will end up dead soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

David needs a kick in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I missed the last few episodes....so am I right in thinking Debbieis telling Kev and Abbie she killed Ray,but the plan is the two of them were going to high tail it to Turkey....except she’s told his mate she’s going to shop him???
    What has the plastic’d one really got in mind??.

whelan2 wrote: »
    David needs a kick in the hole

In the sinkhole...:pac:..Ha Gail telling him to cough up....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I missed the last few episodes....so am I right in thinking Debbieis telling Kev and Abbie she killed Ray,but the plan is the two of them were going to high tail it to Turkey....except she’s told his mate she’s going to shop him???
    What has the plastic’d one really got in mind??.

No I think she was going to take everything and then call the police on him ...

"..Hey Mick..got a likkle job for yah....."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

How did Debbie say she got rid of Ray? Dump him in the river? Did she gather him up and carry him and throw him into the middle of the river? Away from the river bank? She must be very strong.

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »
    How did Debbie say she got rid of Ray? Dump him in the river? Did she gather him up and carry him and throw him into the middle of the river? Away from the river bank? She must be very strong.

Her mate Dave Stewart gave her a hand..................:p

Advertisement