Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

bobbyss wrote: »
    How did Debbie say she got rid of Ray? Dump him in the river? Did she gather him up and carry him and throw him into the middle of the river? Away from the river bank? She must be very strong.
    Yes silly storyline if it is true. Bez is a big lump of a thing and she is tiny. Did she haul him around in her high heels and long fake nails :rolleyes:

I don't think we have seen the last of Bez though, she must lying for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How did Debbie say she got rid of Ray? Dump him in the river? Did she gather him up and carry him and throw him into the middle of the river? Away from the river bank? She must be very strong.

When Abi confronted her, she claimed Ray kidnapped her, and was going to dump her in the river, she said she fought him and hit him over the head killing him then rolled his body into the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

doughef wrote: »
    Or Leanne going to give some call Centre agent ‘a piece of her mind’

‘Let me just log this under -mad neighbor takes shovel to WiFi supply to disrupt house auction’

Will shona court case for damaging the WiFi be on the same day as Abis for wrecking the leccy with the digger.

What does Craig do.

Will shona court case for damaging the WiFi be on the same day as Abis for wrecking the leccy with the digger.

What does Craig do.
    That's right Abi got off scot free with that even though there was a load of witnesses, residents and the workmen.
    Ken pulling a tank man and Geoff's rooftop demise as well. That was one of the most ott episodes I think I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I'm confused....so Miles told Ray what Debbie was planning so he could escape but then he obviously went behind his back too so he was arrested... Why did he double cross them both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Isn’t there always a safety feature inside freezers like that these days?

Also I love Ray, his lines and OTT-ness are gold :pac:

Shelga wrote: »

Ray broke it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Kauto0709 wrote:
    I'm confused....so Miles told Ray what Debbie was planning so he could escape but then he obviously went behind his back too so he was arrested... Why did he double cross them both?

It was a last minute decision by Ray to get the watch and yet the police were there in seconds. Doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where's Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Where's Jack?

He's supposed to be gone camping with the scouts... in February.

Why didn't Kevin or Debbie try to use their phones to ring someone? Where's Abbie? Will she miss either of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

happyday wrote: »
    He's supposed to be gone camping with the scouts... in February.

Why didn't Kevin or Debbie try to use their phones to ring someone? Where's Abbie? Will she miss either of them?

They tried ringing and said there was no signal in the fridge

They have to open from both sides so it's impossible to get locked in. When has logic ever bothered a Corro writer though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭phormium

Debbie had said in some other episode how she was planning to set him up, that she was bringing the papers, leaving the passport, leaving and then the cops were coming so maybe she had tipped them off ahead of time to go to his apartment at say 3 o'clock or whatever so it was his own unfortunate fault that he went back for the watch :)

No phone signal in the coldroom and Ray knocked off the handle that opens it from inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

they havent recycled the ' dies in a fridge' storyline at all have they?....

543323.jpg

phormium wrote: »
    Debbie had said in some other episode how she was planning to set him up, that she was bringing the papers, leaving the passport, leaving and then the cops were coming so maybe she had tipped them off ahead of time to go to his apartment at say 3 o'clock or whatever so it was his own unfortunate fault that he went back for the watch :)

No phone signal in the coldroom and Ray knocked off the handle that opens it from inside.

Maybe Miles has left with all the money. He told Ray he couldn't find the watch when it was clearly on the locker where Ray said it was but why did he say to Ray going back to get the watch is a bad idea? He must have known the police would show up but obviously didn't tell him

they havent recycled the ' dies in a fridge' storyline at all have they?....

543323.jpg

Was that Curley's wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

It was a last minute decision by Ray to get the watch and yet the police were there in seconds. Doesn't make sense.

I think the lawyer left it there on purpose knowing he would go back for it and set him up with the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

casio4 wrote: »
    Was that Curley's wife?

Anne Malone from Freshco's

Anne Malone from Freshco's

I think she was Curlys girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Anyone notice that Ray tries to have an accent like Boyse from Only fools and horses? I keep expecting him to shout 'Marlene'

• Advertisement

They have to open from both sides so it's impossible to get locked in. When has logic ever bothered a Corro writer though :rolleyes:

Did you miss where Ray chopped the handle off the inside, then lock the outside, throw away the key and chop the outside handle off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Did you miss where Ray chopped the handle off the inside, then lock the outside, throw away the key and chop the outside handle off?

I don’t know how the door would even stay shut at all, after he broke off the entire locking cylinder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I don’t know how the door would even stay shut at all, after he broke off the entire locking cylinder...

We're not supposed to over think those things in soaps...but i want one of those unbreakable pots, smashes Ray over the head, then can smash not one but two heavy duty freezer locks off...my handles break off if i put too many potatoes in them....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

And Kevin the mechanic, who is obviously somewhat handy and nifty with the spanners, makes no attempt to force or jemmy the door, or fiddle with the lock (most of which appears to have been broken off by Ray). His only escape attempt is to check the phone for , you guessed it, the ubiquitous “no signal”.
    And the other odd thing to me was that the actors sat right next to each other on the floor of the freezer. Yet the same two actors would be standing 3 metres away from each other if they were filming out on the street. I don’t get that.

And Kevin the mechanic, who is obviously somewhat handy and nifty with the spanners, makes no attempt to force or jemmy the door, or fiddle with the lock (most of which appears to have been broken off by Ray). His only escape attempt is to check the phone for , you guessed it, the ubiquitous “no signal”.
    And the other odd thing to me was that the actors sat right next to each other on the floor of the freezer. Yet the same two actors would be standing 3 metres away from each other if they were filming out on the street. I don’t get that.

Isn’t there a function on all mobiles that you can still dial 999?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Isn’t there a function on all mobiles that you can still dial 999?

That’s if the phone is locked, or if you don’t have credit. If the phone can’t connect to a mast, it can’t connect.

They could die they are doing it for body heat, the last thing on their minds is the Corona virus

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Just read that Le Vell and Sue Devaney had a test before filming, they came back negative so they let them get close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Surely he could try break the fan or the cooling unit in the fridge ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Or some sort of vent or way into something, to be fair there has to be a way out, even as Debbie said its 2021 no one dies in freezers!

Advertisement