Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭bobbyss

threetrees wrote:
    Same, I got bored of the breathy conversation from Kevin. No drama in it, I'm pretty sure they'll be found.

And saving their breath is what they should have been doing. It would prolong life and save us all reminiscences of their childhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Oh yeah..how did Abi get into the bistro...are we to assume breaking and entering..??

Wouldnt you think in prison, taking medication would be supervised..am i naive..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

bobbyss wrote: »
    And saving their breath is what they should have been doing. It would prolong life and save us all reminiscences of their childhood.

I couldn't even hear half of the conversations, it went on for far too long

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is this the end of Tyrone? A heart attack? :(

Or perhaps an attack of indigestion or food poisoning brought on by Evelyn's manky leftovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Is this the end of Tyrone? A heart attack? :(

Or perhaps an attack of indigestion or food poisoning brought on by Evelyn's manky leftovers.
    It was probably that manky corned beef hash scraped from the dogs bowl what did it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Isn’t it odd that in the freezer you can’t see Kevin or Debbies breath ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Oh yeah..how did Abi get into the bistro...are we to assume breaking and entering..??

Everyone has been wandering in and out of that Bistro and the back office for ages, and that back office is never locked

Isn’t it odd that in the freezer you can’t see Kevin or Debbies breath ?

I don’t think that it’s a freezer. There’s plastic bottles of stuff that would hardly be frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Are we to assume that the Webster's were in that fridge for the whole weekend?
    And it only occurred to Kev after all that time to utilise advice he get from some guy on what to do in this exact situation?

As for Tyrone, I predict that that harpy Fizz will nag, belittle and criticise him for any attempt he makes to eat or live healthier after having a health scare wakeup call.
    And that will be the catalyst to make Tyrone FINALLY drop that nagging yoke and get closer to Alina who will try and help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don’t think that it’s a freezer. There’s plastic bottles of stuff that would hardly be frozen.
    Lots of fresh veg too. If the Bistro is boarded up and closed for repairs why do they have the store-room stocked so full of food?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Lots of fresh veg too. If the Bistro is boarded up and closed for repairs why do they have the store-room stocked so full of food?

Big case of swordfish too, is that a commonly eaten fish in Northern England?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Big case of swordfish too, is that a commonly eaten fish in Northern England?

Maybe they will use the sharp swordfish bill to cut out of the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm surprised a psychiatrist diagnosed a physical ailment. It usually takes doctors experienced in a particular field more than one visit to make a diagnosis.
    Tyrone is like a stuttering schoolboy in front of Alina...is Fizz blind, heedless or stupid?
    Billy's reason for ditching Paul was feeble..I think he still has the hots for Todd. On the subject of Todd...Remember when new Todd came into it first there was this mad angry ex lover who he'd robbed came charging on to the street looking for him...? Isn't he the same angry bloke who was back looking for Ray there recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm surprised a psychiatrist diagnosed a physical ailment. It usually takes doctors experienced in a particular field more than one visit to make a diagnosis.
    Tyrone is like a stuttering schoolboy in front of Alina...is Fizz blind, heedless or stupid?
    Billy's reason for ditching Paul was feeble..I think he still has the hots for Todd. On the subject of Todd...Remember when new Todd came into it first there was this mad angry ex lover who he'd robbed came charging on to the street looking for him...? Isn't he the same angry bloke who was back looking for Ray there recently?

Yeah. Same guy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm freezing looking at this pair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Old Bailey is looking for labourers and his son is sitting at home with his feet up Googling birth methods; with a dodgy bannisters and bare wood door frames behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So the freezer is opened and doesn't try and move them out of the cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can someone please remind me how Tyrone came to be Evelyn's lost grandson.
    What happened Jackie?

To thine own self be true

What happened Jackie?

It turned out that Jackie wasn't his mother, I think it was her friends baby, Evelyn's daughter, who I think died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What happened Jackie?

She died a few years back.
    I think Evelyn abandoned her as a baby or something.

• Advertisement

I'm still confused :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,368 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Grace's pregnancy bump got big

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Grace's pregnancy bump got big

yeah it grew from the first scene to the second one

I missed something.
    Why was Craig called Clogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Meeoow wrote: »
    It turned out that Jackie wasn't his mother, I think it was her friends baby, Evelyn's daughter, who I think died.

I'm surprised they never confirmed that one way or the other. The dialogue dropped hints when Evelyn was first introduced that something was amiss about her claim to be Tyrone's granny, then she moved in and there were no further questions.

I think Virgin Media Player was having a joke this evening. It was streaming fine for most of the episode but then the player kept freezing when Kevin Websicle was onscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I missed something.
    Why was Craig called Clogs?

A nick name he was given by his workmates... 'clever clogs'

A nick name he was given by his waorkmates... 'clever clogs'

Alright, if they consider him clever I'd hate to see the rest of them and a I don't meant that to sound harsh.

Jikashi wrote: »

I think Virgin Media Player was having a joke this evening. It was streaming fine for most of the episode but then the player kept freezing when Kevin Websicle was onscreen.

Kevin Websicle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

A nick name he was given by his workmates... 'clever clogs'

He explained it to Faye when she asked if it was clever clogs, he said he was originally called Dutch courage, then shortened to Dutch then clogs because that's what the Dutch wear.

• Advertisement

I don't meant that to sound harsh.

Ah you're being too kind :)

Advertisement