Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

The scene with Abi opening the fridge door then dropping to her knees was a bit drawn out the social distancing was so obvious and were we to feel the romance of the proposal at the hospital bedside? Well I for one didn't feel it, I'm not a fan of Abi but she could have waited til Kev was feeling a bit better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

casio4 wrote: »
    The scene with Abi opening the fridge door then dropping to her knees was a bit drawn out the social distancing was so obvious and were we to feel the romance of the proposal at the hospital bedside? Well I for one didn't feel it, I'm not a fan of Abi but she could have waited til Kev was feeling a bit better

With the dim lighting anyway, they could have put a mannequin over Kevin or something cradling him, supposed to be Abi.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

casio4 wrote: »

Yeah it was ridiculous...sure they heard something falling from outside..one of them were alive at that point. Abi didn't even think to haul them out straightaway and where was Faye during Abi's 10 minute long lamenting?
    I thought in the hosp Kevin would've been wrapped up in one of those him foil type blankets..him being freezing🀔. I feel no chemistry whatsoever between him and Abi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is Debbie dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Is Debbie dead?
    No... She signed a new contract till Spring 2022 so she's going nowhere.

• Advertisement

Meeoow wrote: »
    It turned out that Jackie wasn't his mother, I think it was her friends baby, Evelyn's daughter, who I think died.

I thought Evelyn wasn’t Tyrone real nana but they stayed family aka they got close no?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I thought Evelyn wasn’t Tyrone real nana but they stayed family aka they got close no?

I don't think so, that sounds like Arman Tanzarian on Simpsons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah it was ridiculous...sure they heard something falling from outside..one of them were alive at that point. Abi didn't even think to haul them out straightaway and where was Faye during Abi's 10 minute long lamenting?
    I thought in the hosp Kevin would've been wrapped up in one of those him foil type blankets..him being freezing🀔. I feel no chemistry whatsoever between him and Abi.

Abi thought they were dead. Thats why she wasnt hauling them out.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Nothing to do with social distance so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

Was Abi using the crowbar the wrong way round to open the fridge? I wouldn't be an expert in using crowbars but she was using the non-bendy bit to open the door. Looked weird.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

threetrees wrote: »
    Was Abi using the crowbar the wrong way round to open the fridge? I wouldn't be an expert in using crowbars but she was using the non-bendy bit to open the door. Looked weird.

It also sounded like she was bashing the door in... Even though it opened out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Kevin Websicle: "Th-thank g-goodness we're f-f-free, b-etter turn off th-the light n-now th-that we're out"
    *flips big switch on wall inside the fridge, cold air blowers shut off*
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That storyline was certainly knocking around some of the spoiler sections of the tabloids for a while.

spurious wrote: »
    That storyline was certainly knocking around some of the spoiler sections of the tabloids for a while.

I absolutely have no idea what transpired but now I want to know!

I know why.. but it was stupid to assume they were especially since she'd just heard a noise from within. She could have at least checked.

I absolutely have no idea what transpired but now I want to know!

This explains it.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/television/3111703/who-is-tyrone-dobbs-grandmother-evelyn-plummer-in-coronation-street-and-does-she-move-in-with-him-and-fiz-stape/

“ Tyrone found out the devastating news following Jackie’s death when his dad - Darren - revealed that he and Jackie weren’t Tyrone’s real parents and he didn’t know where she got him from.

He told Ty that Jackie had really wanted a baby but they ended up splitting up when she didn’t get pregnant.

Darren also told Ty that the next time he saw her she was at a party, skinny as a rake and drunk. He visited her at home soon after and she had a newborn baby.

After some research, Tyrone tracked down Evelyn, the mother of Cassandra.

Evelyn was frosty and hostile to Ty when he first arrived at her house and told him he couldn’t be her grandson as her daughter was infertile.

But she later softened – slightly – and revealed that Cassie had indeed had a baby.

Evelyn explained that she didn’t know who the father was and that all Cassie told her about the baby was that it was a lad and she’d abandoned him outside the nearest police station.

She also dropped the bombshell that Cassie had died, after a short illness in South Africa.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

This explains it.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/television/3111703/who-is-tyrone-dobbs-grandmother-evelyn-plummer-in-coronation-street-and-does-she-move-in-with-him-and-fiz-stape/

“ Tyrone found out the devastating news following Jackie’s death when his dad - Darren - revealed that he and Jackie weren’t Tyrone’s real parents and he didn’t know where she got him from.

He told Ty that Jackie had really wanted a baby but they ended up splitting up when she didn’t get pregnant.

Darren also told Ty that the next time he saw her she was at a party, skinny as a rake and drunk. He visited her at home soon after and she had a newborn baby.

After some research, Tyrone tracked down Evelyn, the mother of Cassandra.

Evelyn was frosty and hostile to Ty when he first arrived at her house and told him he couldn’t be her grandson as her daughter was infertile.

But she later softened – slightly – and revealed that Cassie had indeed had a baby.

Evelyn explained that she didn’t know who the father was and that all Cassie told her about the baby was that it was a lad and she’d abandoned him outside the nearest police station.

She also dropped the bombshell that Cassie had died, after a short illness in South Africa.”

Thanks.

So how did Jackie end up with the baby then?

spurious wrote: »

Knew I wasn’t making it up I think in the end they decided not to find out aka via DNA

Family is not always blood

Knew I wasn’t making it up I think in the end they decided not to find out aka via DNA

Family is not always blood

No but Coronation St always forget the clanger about birth certs as we saw with Tim's story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Thanks.

So how did Jackie end up with the baby then?

I think she found baby Tyrone before anyone else did and took him for herself because she maybe had been struggling to conceive. But I don't remember for sure, I seem to remember it was all kinda vague.

• Advertisement

Peter went a bit heavy on the Just for Men.

Screenshot-20210219-194041-Google-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I was a drug dealer and I needed a young lad to do drops for me. I'd be looking for a guy with a bit of cop on and confidence and not doddery Simon who could land me in it at any stage but I guess it's a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Leanne and her feather brain.

Leanne might realise feathers come from birds, not dead people.

Who use feather pillows any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is Simon guilty of flowergate?

Many people believe white feathers are a sign from angels but they don't tell people like it's a fact. Leanne comes across as deranged although it's doing no harm letting her think they're little signs.

Leanne was always a bit deranged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

So which of the sons is actually the uncles child?

Advertisement