Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Gayle, who was a right looker in her day has recently been written as a sad old stupid woman.

They'll get a new writer and she'll be plucked out of obscurity to become a heroine.

Continuity is an ongoing problem. Gayle told Allyah, she saw Yasmine crying. Allyah to Ryan, "should I go round?" Ryan "they're probably in bed"

Next scene is jeff serving dinner, with the lights on.

Considering it was around the corner most humans would go and check.

No the next scene was him arriving home from the pub in a thick mood. Then a little later she was cleaning.
    The timelines are always off though especially during the summer when it's bright sunlight through the windows and it's meant to be night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ann22 wrote: »
    No the next scene was him arriving home from the pub in a thick mood. Then a little later she was cleaning.
    The timelines are always off though especially during the summer when it's bright sunlight through the windows and it's meant to be night time.

yes that's what I thought the scene after Gail telling Allyah was Geoff coming home throwing his keys on the side and going to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will Yasmeen kill Geoff

The other chickens gang up, peck him to death

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The other chickens gang up, pick him to death

Hens with guns

She was a scrawny chick,
    She looked kind of woozey,
    Geoff didn't notice,
    She was packing an Uzi.

Bad hen pun!

Hens with guns

She was a scrawny chick,
    She looked kind of woozey,
    Geoff didn't notice,
    She was packing an Uzi.

Bad hen pun!

Cows with guns.....

:confused:

Because he was slaughtering one of her pets? Why would he ask her for help?!?

She meant to help make dinner she didn’t know he was gonna kill the chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Can Tracey call round and put an end to Geoff. It’s an important story and needs to be seen but it’s so hard to watch.

I hope the story ends with turning him in and not killing him please.

Same house where she killed Charlie as well!

She meant to help make dinner she didn’t know he was gonna kill the chicken

I don't understand your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't understand your point.

Think i know how this misunderstanding started..Tajd meant Yasmeen was asking Geoff why he didn't call her for help. He wasn't asking us why he didn't call her for help.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Think i know how this misunderstanding started..Tajd meant Yasmeen was asking Geoff why he didn't call her for help. He wasn't asking us why he didn't call her for help.

I'm very confused Ted.

• Advertisement

I'm very confused Ted.

when Yasmeen woke up she said to geof why didn't you wake me up I could have helped you, she meant with the dinner not the killing of the chicken

casio4 wrote: »
    when Yasmeen woke up she said to geof why didn't you wake me up I could have helped you, she meant with the dinner not the killing of the chicken

I know. I don't understand the relevance of that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

An old hen would be pretty tough too.

That's what my husband says about me :D
    Seriously though, that was horrible to watch. Come on Yasmeen, find your bottle and get that creep out of YOUR house.
    I think Carla deliberately left that bid where she knew Tracy would see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yasmeen storyline has jumped the shark and is just wasting time. Farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Whoever wrote this episode was sexually frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Who in their right mind would just leave 3 bin bags of clothes outside the door? Surely you’d leave them with someone or drop them over later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Who in their right mind would just leave 3 bin bags of clothes outside the door? Surely you’d leave them with someone or drop them over later

Yep, that was ridiculous and very disrespectful. If that gobsh*** thought anything of Sinead , he should have placed her things carefully into suitcase. Clearing out a loved one's wardrobe after they die is not an easy thing to do.I can't imagine throwing their stuff into bins bags and leaving it on the wet ground. I used to like Daniel but he has been turned into a horrible character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its the Bethany effect. Her stupidity must be contagious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ah Bethany, I think she’s beginning to realise she’s not going to end up with her stepdads uncle after all.

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Ah Bethany, I think she’s beginning to realise she’s not going to end up with her stepdads uncle after all.

yeah I think she's seeing Daniel for who and what he is. Are the two characters leaving the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

Aw Sarah looked gorgeous. Is this her first wedding? I think it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

yeah I think she's seeing Daniel for who and what he is. Are the two characters leaving the show?

I think she is thinking/realising that he will always love sinead and that even though she might come close that he will never love her like he did sinead. and she might even be questioning ' why am I even bothering?'

Just waiting for the inevitable cuddle one day when he says "I really, really love you Sinead .... sorry, sorry I mean Bethany!"

I still get the feeling John Stapes daughter has designs on Tye ? - anyone else think the same? - not sure whether to get back at Fizz or whether she does generally fancy him and think she is better for him than fizz?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

threetrees wrote: »

Jason Grimshaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

All weddings are treated as if its the first for the character..white dress etc

• Advertisement

There were 359 complaints to ITV about yasmeen eating her pet chicken

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I saw one post on fb saying the actor should have refused to do it lol. Im not sure they realise he didnt actually kill the chicken :D

Loved the wedding theme! Very swish. Hate that it was all about Daniel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Maybe it's just me, but she seemed to be enjoying eating it way too much.
    I've never made such faces or those sounds when having a roast.. (I hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Thought it was weird she was eating chicken in the first place. If Charlotte the chicken was her much loved pet wouldnt it be like eating her pet dog or cat.

Thought it was weird she was eating chicken in the first place. If Charlotte the chicken was her much loved pet wouldnt it be like eating her pet dog or cat.

You realise she didn't know it was Charlotte yeah?

• Advertisement

You realise she didn't know it was Charlotte yeah?

Oh yeah but wouldn't it be weird eating another chicken if you had a dearly loved pet chicken.

Oh yeah but wouldn't it be weird eating another chicken if you had a dearly loved pet chicken.

My mother keeps chickens and eats chicken. Just not her own.

I've kept fish and eat fish.

It maybe sounds hypocritical, but humans separate in their head pets and food, each person to different extents.

My mother keeps chickens and eats chicken. Just not her own.

I've kept fish and eat fish.

It maybe sounds hypocritical, but humans separate in their head pets and food, each person to different extents.

Yasmin thought it was grand eating chicken alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I think she was just trying to appease Geoff. As she saw it (or rather, as Geoff made her believe) she fu**ed up the dinner, and Geoff had to cook dinner himself. She was over-egging the praise. (Pardon the pun)

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was widowed fairly young, this whole Daniel thing is being handled very cack handed.

The comment about Sinead's jewellery and lovely clothes in particular stung.
    It took me quite a while to move my wife out of our bedroom (4.5yrs) but certain things.

Every letter and note we wrote each other, her jewellery, certain outfits were kept and coincidentally passed to our son for him to read thru and treasure just a few days ago.

That Daniel could throw it all away on the strength of an unanswered text?

I know it's Soapland, but fúck me that's just stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

spurious wrote: »
    Jason Grimshaw.

Jason did a runner at the wedding venue. Said he needed to nip the toilet and escaped through the window!

Storm Denis took out my sky dish so im running a little behind.

Doesn't Gemma basically live in tracksuits? So why did she wear jeans and a shirt to Baby Yoga?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

To be honest, I thought it was because she was ravenous so couldn't believe her luck at a whole roast dinner with all the trimmings. She initially made a cobbled together veg curry as she said she'd no money left and did her best with what she had. He's taken all her cards & access to funds and cash so he gives her a pittance to make do with and she's expected to shop and prepare meals with very few quid. She's faded away to nothing. Plus we see him stomping off in a huff every so often to the pub- he's probably going to the chipper and having hot pots while out too. He's not allowing her to work so she can't get fed there either whilst he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    To be honest, I thought it was because she was ravenous so couldn't believe her luck at a whole roast dinner with all the trimmings. She initially made a cobbled together veg curry as she said she'd no money left and did her best with what she had. He's taken all her cards & access to funds and cash so he gives her a pittance to make do with and she's expected to shop and prepare meals with very few quid. She's faded away to nothing. Plus we see him stomping off in a huff every so often to the pub- he's probably going to the chipper and having hot pots while out too. He's not allowing her to work so she can't get fed there either whilst he can.

I never thought of the fact that she could eat at work and not at home. I don't understand why she lets him tell her her back is bad when it's not. And what is he doing locking money in the press?

happyday wrote: »
    I never thought of the fact that she could eat at work and not at home. I don't understand why she lets him tell her her back is bad when it's not. And what is he doing locking money in the press?

he took that money from the restaurant i think and he wanted him and Yasmeen to go on holiday but they can't afford it so i'm sure he will pull the money out at some point. When he was panicking while she was gone for a walk with Allya and pulling stuff around the place what was he looking for? I thought he was checking she hadn't found the hidden camera

• Advertisement

Why has Peter not noticed Daniels drinking yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Jason did a runner at the wedding venue. Said he needed to nip the toilet and escaped through the window!

Did they not have a second,and more succesful go?
    I remember David donating her dress for bonfire night afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Shakyfan wrote: »

The first time.
    Did David try to kill himself during the second wedding? I can't remember exactly.

spurious wrote: »
    The first time.
    Did David try to kill himself during the second wedding? I can't remember exactly.

That rings a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember David went missing before the night before the wedding.
    David had left a note and Sarah and Maria found it and Sarah said nothing.
    Then David left a voice mail and he drove into the canal.
    The police turned up at the wedding and asked Gail, Audrey, etc to leave.
    Jason isn't overly happy but marries her.
    Later in the year Gail's brother turns up David a job in Milan. Sarah wants out of Weatherfield with Jason and Bethany. Sarah plants drugs on David and David looses the job offer. Sarah gets the job and Jason refuses to go with her.
    Well it's something like that.

I remember David went missing before the night before the wedding.
    David had left a note and Sarah and Maria found it and Sarah said nothing.
    Then David left a voice mail and he drove into the canal.
    The police turned up at the wedding and asked Gail, Audrey, etc to leave.
    Jason isn't overly happy but marries her.
    Later in the year Gail's brother turns up David a job in Milan. Sarah wants out of Weatherfield with Jason and Bethany. Sarah plants drugs on David and David looses the job offer. Sarah gets the job and Jason refuses to go with her.
    Well it's something like that.

Wow you have an amazing memory for details!

he took that money from the restaurant i think and he wanted him and Yasmeen to go on holiday but they can't afford it so i'm sure he will pull the money out at some point. When he was panicking while she was gone for a walk with Allya and pulling stuff around the place what was he looking for? I thought he was checking she hadn't found the hidden camera

I don't understand what he was looking for either. Maybe they will explain later.

happyday wrote: »
    I don't understand what he was looking for either. Maybe they will explain later.

He found a book, maybe some sort of ledger and was relieved. A record of money he's been 'borrowing' from the restaurant?

He also locked up money he had in the cabinet in the sitting room.

For a restaurant worker and a part time DJ a drop of the hat, trip to Vegas, a place I wouldn't have thought Yasmine would be into anyway, seemed strange. Now he's suggesting a trip to somewhere else.

He's definitely embezzling money on top of everything else.

when he is finally found out for what he is , I wonder if the speed dahl restaurant will be up to its ears in Debt or something like that . Him been pinching money on the side?

• Advertisement

when he is finally found out for what he is , I wonder if the speed dahl restaurant will be up to its ears in Debt or something like that . Him been pinching money on the side?

Definitely!

He'll abscond, and suddenly suppliers will be saying they have not been paid in months. See how he said to Alya he would go and check the supplies?

Advertisement