Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

threetrees wrote: »
    Remember how Big Jim always referred to jail as The Big House so he did.

Remember when he tried to rob the bank ??

An absolute joke of a scene, so it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That Grace is the worst actress I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Actually Michael is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Kelly's eyebrow freaks me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

Worst episodes in a long time

• Advertisement

happyday wrote: »

Both his father’s are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

What was Imran's history with Rick Nealon? I can't remember any connection between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    What was Imran's history with Rick Nealon? I can't remember any connection between them.

Rick damaged the factory roof that fell on Rana leading to her death, Gary blamed Rick, Rana was Imran's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I think part of the reason the Baileys haven't really grabbed the audience is that since they arrived all of their dramas (the racist contractors, the baby saga, the other baby saga, Michael's stupid businesses, James coming out, this new crap with ANOTHER Corrie uncle-father) are entirely self-contained and none of the family members have much interaction with the neighbours even before the pandemic. So whenever we get scenes with them it's like we've changed the channel to another show entirely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

happyday wrote: »

I can't work out if he is actually terrible, or incredibly good at playing a gormless, slightly simple fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jikashi wrote: »
    I think part of the reason the Baileys haven't really grabbed the audience is that since they arrived all of their dramas (the racist contractors, the baby saga, the other baby saga, Michael's stupid businesses, James coming out, this new crap with ANOTHER Corrie uncle-father) are entirely self-contained and none of the family members have much interaction with the neighbours even before the pandemic. So whenever we get scenes with them it's like we've changed the channel to another show entirely.

And another chance to get a "racist " kick in with the security guard....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

doughef wrote: »
    Remember when he tried to rob the bank ??

An absolute joke of a scene, so it was.

He waltzed in without any kind of mask or disguise... it was so stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

And another chance to get a "racist " kick in with the security guard....:rolleyes:

You have a worrying amount of posts complaining about this type of thing. I think it would be much less realistic if they pretended racism wasn't something black people encounter a lot of the time

optogirl wrote: »
    You have a worrying amount of posts complaining about this type of thing. I think it would be much less realistic if they pretended racism wasn't

Not my fault if the writers take any opportunity to throw it in there...They have to include coloured actors , but they dont have to include racism.its their choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

Not my fault if the writers take any opportunity to throw it in there...They have to include coloured actors , but they dont have to include racism.its their choice...

Why would they ignore it? It's a topic that needs treatment just like any other in the soap. And the term 'coloured' is very telling

Why would they ignore it? It's a topic that needs treatment just like any other in the soap. And the term 'coloured' is very telling

WOW.....just wow......i'm not getting into this on here...:rolleyes:

Ronnie's wife looks like his daughter, is Ronnie older than Ed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Shockingly AWFUL episodes tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya he couldn’t just be a prick of a security guard, has to be racist aswell.... it’s getting very tiring now.

You have a worrying amount of posts complaining about this type of thing. I think it would be much less realistic if they pretended racism wasn't something black people encounter a lot of the time

Well there’s no fear of that happening EVER...

And they do not a worrying amount of posts about this, that their opinion and they are entitled maybe it’s worrying how u so easily accept it is racism...

Why is it also the same two races that are always involved in these storylines? Why can’t they do a racism storyline involving other races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Now I'm no Gok Wan, but mother of jaysus do people actually buy wedding dresses like that, absolutely horrific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now I'm no Gok Wan, but mother of jaysus do people actually buy wedding dresses like that, absolutely horrific

I could be wrong but I think the point was they are hideous!

The Baileys never worked I only like Aggie & James

Where is Aggie, is the actress cocooning? She should see her new real grandchild and be around for the Ronbie bombshell drop

I don't mind Ed and James too much but wouldn't care if they all left either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Whenever a black person or family come into a Soap you're always going to get a racist storyline. They love playing the race card.

Aggie is only ok...i just dont think she's a good actress (nothing to do with being black;)) , in Doctors she always seemed to over play the part...
    That "comedy" scene with the dresses was a swing and a miss...i reckon that these days when it comes to comedy in soaps they're afraid that someone will get offended if they take a joke too far...and they do..!!

Tyrone taken aback with Alina knowing about cars...racist and/or chauvinist..mmmm wheres ITV complaints departments email now....
    :P

Aggie is only ok...i just dont think she's a good actress (nothing to do with being black;)) , in Doctors she always seemed to over play the part...
    That "comedy" scene with the dresses was a swing and a miss...i reckon that these days when it comes to comedy in soaps they're afraid that someone will get offended if they take a joke too far...and they do..!!

Tyrone taken aback with Alina knowing about cars...racist and/or chauvinist..mmmm wheres ITV complaints departments email now....
    :P

She’s white so it’s ok

How long before Leanne is back on the game for Harvey....now THATS a storyline..:)

Surprised that no one has complained about the stereotyped "fat" security guard....mmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Whenever a black person or family come into a Soap you're always going to get a racist storyline. They love playing the race card.

I want to know where that door in their living room goes. It's beside the crappy banister. It looks like it leads to Ken Barlows house.

• Advertisement

Meeoow wrote: »
    I want to know where that door in their living room goes. It's beside the crappy banister. It looks like it leads to Ken Barlows house.

Probably a cellar.................

Advertisement