Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Auld wan here.
    **** me but I want to look at a soap and not be thinking about storylines being racist, mysoginistic, non pc, Can a story not be just a story any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Meeoow wrote: »
    I want to know where that door in their living room goes. It's beside the crappy banister. It looks like it leads to Ken Barlows house.

I.always wonder that too

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Auld wan here.
    **** me but I want to look at a soap and not be thinking about storylines being racist, mysoginistic, non pc, Can a story not be just a story any more.

Sadly not it seems.....unless its Family guy....:p

"I dont know how i gave you that impression"

Really Tyrone??? Really???? You left a puddle on the floor every time you were in her presence. God love poor Fiz, but what an OG to let a stunner like that into the house.

Auld wan here.

Welcome to 1984. The left has taken over your TV set. Do not adjust.
    Corrie was bad enough before this without PC ****e being dragged into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Yer one Aggie is painful! Sick of seeing her face so up-close on the phone! Complete over-acting!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I don't really mind her. Michael is so bad I miss Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Yer one Aggie is painful! Sick of seeing her face so up-close on the phone! Complete over-acting!

Why is she on the phone? I don't get it. In isolation or something or working so hard as nurse?

edit, so it seems she's look after someone? Really hard to understand he on the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,384 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kiss was done with body doubles, no way was she going to his his mug

coronation-street-tyrone-alina-kiss-1616179600.jpg

"I dont know how i gave you that impression"

Really Tyrone??? Really???? You left a puddle on the floor every time you were in her presence. God love poor Fiz, but what an OG to let a stunner like that into the house.

True, and the big goofy grin when she said he liked her. He's been wanting to give her the full service for ages.

• Advertisement

Alina when Tyrone touches her

eae365309c02fe1c3f21e9b5a815d9d8.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do Fiz and Tyrone and the kids need vaccine passports for Greece?

Not in soapland..anything goes...
    Ty and Alina scene looked like it was done on green screen or something...Ty looked like he was looking behind her...weird...
    Clearly not them kissing..unless she got a colour in her hair....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

Not in soapland..anything goes...
    Ty and Alina scene looked like it was done on green screen or something...Ty looked like he was looking behind her...weird...
    Clearly not them kissing..unless she got a colour in her hair....

Yep right on both counts, filmed separately and then married extras for the kiss.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a35888178/coronation-street-tyrone-alina-kiss-scene/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Some crap editing tonight. The scene outside the hospital, the three lads talking: every time the camera showed Michael it was snowing but when it showed the other lads there wasn't a snowflake in sight.
    The same thing happened a week or two ago: two people talking, one in Victoria Gardens the other on the other side of the railings: whenever it showed outside the railings it was snowing quite heavily, inside nothing at all.

They must film a lot of scenes with just one person doing one side of a conversation.
    Alina is annoying me now, she is like a child. She actually looks younger now than when she first arrived on the street.

I just do not see the point of Alina

When is Gary getting out, when is his trial and Faye's trial, surely Anna would come up for that where ever she is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do Fiz and Tyrone and the kids need vaccine passports for Greece?

I hope we see them in their long 'non-EU' passport queues. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I am not enjoying or appreciating a Tyrone love affair. She is too beautiful and decent a person for us to believe such a storyline.
    That young one with the eyebrow ...now if she ends up being fostered by Imran and Toyah? How's about if she develops an attachment of sorts for the handsome Imran? A father figure..(a pantomime-ish actor) although gorgeous could possibly help create a juicy...and erotic yet sinful storyline..? ITV I am available for future storylines.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I am not enjoying or appreciating a Tyrone love affair. She is too beautiful and decent a person for us to believe such a storyline.
    That young one with the eyebrow ...now if she ends up being fostered by Imran and Toyah? How's about if she develops an attachment of sorts for the handsome Imran? A father figure..(a pantomime-ish actor) although gorgeous could possibly help create a juicy...and erotic yet sinful storyline..? ITV I am available for future storylines.

I'd take Toyah(or you maybe, photo please :p ) over that little blonde skanger any day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Ohhh! Maybe he'd get her pregnant too which would really annoy Toyah.

• Advertisement

Ohhh! Maybe he'd get her pregnant too which would really annoy Toyah.

Now that would piss her off no end!

Kauto0709 wrote: »

She has a big sort of a face anyway. Perhaps she's across the room from the phone!😂

What’s the point of Aggie? Her physical presence is equal to her phone one. I wonder how long before she’s written out or replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

What’s the point of Aggie? Her physical presence is equal to her phone one. I wonder how long before she’s written out or replaced.
    What was Aggie saying on the phone? Between her accent and the phone I couldn't make out what was going on.

She has a big sort of a face anyway. Perhaps she's across the room from the phone!��

Like when you look out the peep hole in your front door....:D

Like when you look out the peep hole in your front door....:D

Or at your reflection in a spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

The whole Bailey family except for James are overacting. Ed, Michael, Aggie, Grace and the new brother, they all overact.

What's the baby called? Glory? Or Gloria?

In regard to the Bailey family, did Aggie have an affair with Ronnie or one night stand while he was married before she got with Ed?

I thought they also had a daughter a successful air hostess who was older than the boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Whenever a black person or family come into a Soap you're always going to get a racist storyline. They love playing the race card.

Simon, as far as we know, has not been subject to any racism.

But it would have been an interesting story line if a young boy's experience of this was sensitively portrayed especially in his school going days.
    Interesting also to see how his father Peter ( his mother Lucy died) would have dealt with that as Peter would not have been subject to that kind of racism whatsoever. Nor his late mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

bobbyss wrote: »
    Simon, as far as we know, has not been subject to any racism.

But it would have been an interesting story line if a young boy's experience of this was sensitively portrayed especially in his school going days.
    Interesting also to see how his father Peter ( his mother Lucy died) would have dealt with that as Peter would not have been subject to that kind of racism whatsoever. Nor his late mother.
    Both Simon's parents were white. Is he supposed to be mixed race?

Advertisement