Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Doesnt Ty own that house...??....on yer bike Ging...She'll probably start abusing him now.....
    Love to see Harvey moving into Nicks flat with Leanne.....:D

Ya, this was mentioned when Fizz and Tyrone were talking to Adam. Tyrone bought the house off Jack and/or Vera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Couldn't help but spot it in the scene with Leanne and the cop: Nick's car is a Rover (good make but discontinued for over fifteen years) with a broken front grille. Doesn't Nick tend to drive a "flash mow'ah", or did he sell up while Oliver was seeking treatment?

Speaking of nice cars, was I right in understanding that Sean leased a convertible like your man he works for? Where was he parking it, the same pocket dimension that Dev, Ken, Chesney, David, Sarah, Adam, Tyrone, Eileen, Roy, Tim, Rita, Kevin and now Alina pull into when their car isn't part of a storyline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jikashi wrote: »
    Couldn't help but spot it in the scene with Leanne and the cop: Nick's car is a Rover (good make but discontinued for over fifteen years) with a broken front grille. Doesn't Nick tend to drive a "flash mow'ah", or did he sell up while Oliver was seeking treatment?

Speaking of nice cars, was I right in understanding that Sean leased a convertible like your man he works for? Where was he parking it, the same pocket dimension that Dev, Ken, Chesney, David, Sarah, Adam, Tyrone, Eileen, Roy, Tim, Rita, Kevin and now Alina pull into when their car isn't part of a storyline?

At one stage Nick had a very expensive Mercedes.
    However I think he's had the Rover with a good while now. I think that was the car the broke down when David was getting married.
    Also when Alina was on about her great car I was a bit disappointed in it being a decade old Panda.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seb and Nina are going to get close

Oh dear, there goes what was quite an interesting character. I don't mean man bun boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

And also coming up on Corrieoaks,
    Asha gets back with Corey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Seb tried Daisy yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Seb tried Daisy yet?

He's penniless.......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Go Brian. I spy with my little eye, something beginning with c.
    Classic corrie!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Statto :D Bang on. He is like his mini-me.

In a similar vein, Alina was reminding me of somebody for ages: watch the film Orphan, she is the head cut of Esther, even talks like her too.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148204/?ref_=vp_vi_tt_p

:pac:
    01ASTYPB?imageId=17455657&imageCode=01ASTYPB&contributor=UPPA&siteName=&title=&location=&ds=800&newStyle=1&tc=FFFFFF&tbc=333333&qv=95&icc=1&cl=1

0_ElmoPI-WkAIDE6V.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What's Daisy up to? I thought she would have more cop on than to get involved in a pyramid scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,384 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tyrone has a tough tough tough choice to make

1_Corries-Alina-Pop-in-plunging-dress.jpg

PROD-Fiz-JENNIE-McALPINE-protests-on-the-garage-roof.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,384 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Alina to Tyrone

''you need to stay away, just stay away , now I must go, I need a long bath and to cover my self in baby oil, I never lock the back door, you need to stay away, just stay away''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

When Seb found Tyrone in the flat and said to Alina, "Him?" I nearly spat my tea, great one word line!

Fizz goes on about "people our age don't have sex". Well Fizzbomb I think you find they do.... I think they are late 30/early 40's? No need to be sex starved! Fizz and Tyrone are way too young to be the next Jack and Vera.

Meeoow wrote: »
    Go Brian. I spy with my little eye, something beginning with c.
    Classic corrie!

...and ending in "t"....
    casio4 wrote: »
    What's Daisy up to? I thought she would have more cop on than to get involved in a pyramid scheme

She sees £££££££....Sean will get shafted again me thinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I bought this book for my brother who's a die-hard Corrie fan, and I'm thinking of getting one for myself as well it's so good! Up to date as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Years-Coronation-Street-Ventures-Limited/dp/0600635937/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=coronation+street+book&qid=1616668399&sr=8-2

I saw a picture in it of the time Peter Barlow had Billy in the boot of his car and was threatening to throw him off a cliff. Could you imagine if somebody did that to you, and now a couple of years later you're having a pint in the same pub and chatting to each other! A very forgiving lot in Corrie, or else they have memory problems :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I bought this book for my brother who's a die-hard Corrie fan, and I'm thinking of getting one for myself as well it's so good! Up to date as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Years-Coronation-Street-Ventures-Limited/dp/0600635937/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=coronation+street+book&qid=1616668399&sr=8-2

I'd avoid the kindle version of that one as the layout is all over the place.

There's a better one out there - unofficial and not as up to date but worth a read.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/50-Years-Coronation-Street-Unofficial/dp/0954575032/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=coronation+street+book&qid=1616697814&sr=8-18

Also worth reading is this novel which covers the main stories of the street/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coronation-Street-Complete-Katherine-Hardy/dp/1847326064/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=coronation+street+book&qid=1616697740&sr=8-8

I saw a picture in it of the time Peter Barlow had Billy in the boot of his car and was threatening to throw him off a cliff. Could you imagine if somebody did that to you, and now a couple of years later you're having a pint in the same pub and chatting to each other! A very forgiving lot in Corrie, or else they have memory problems :pac:
    Memory problems indeed. When a family member dies they are upset for a month or so and then they pretty much never mention them again. Steve and Leanne's son or Daniel's wife for eg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I think I spotted that old jacket that Kevin wears on Steve in the Coronation Street catch up episode that was on tonight.

happyday wrote: »
    I think I spotted that old jacket that Kevin wears on Steve in the Coronation Street catch up episode that was on tonight.
    The ratty old grey bomber jacket?
    I think he's had it since he first came to the street. Why has Abi not burned it yet?

https://i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk/incoming/article22337402.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/2_Screen-Shot-2020-07-10-at-201847.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So Leanne has just handed herself in to the police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I saw a picture in it of the time Peter Barlow had Billy in the boot of his car and was threatening to throw him off a cliff. Could you imagine if somebody did that to you, and now a couple of years later you're having a pint in the same pub and chatting to each other! A very forgiving lot in Corrie, or else they have memory problems

This is a recurring feature. I recall a cutting, snide remark by Peter telling Roy to get out of his house after Roy doing him a good turn.
    Amd how many times has Leanne said 'Do ya know what, you can shove it/ get out, just go'.
    Or many of them to banks after being refused a loan 'Thanks for nothing/ forget it'.

casio4 wrote: »
    So Leanne has just handed herself in to the police

"..i had no choice...he was threatening my son"...ehh he's not your son ..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

bobbyss wrote: »
    This is a recurring feature. I recall a cutting, snide remark by Peter telling Roy to get out of his house after Roy doing him a good turn.
    Amd how many times has Leanne said 'Do ya know what, you can shove it/ get out, just go'.
    Or many of them to banks after being refused a loan 'Thanks for nothing/ forget it'.

And to medical professionals who ‘know nothing’

bobbyss wrote: »
    If somebody chased me out of their house like that I would not be talking to them again until they apologised to me.
    Roy should have told Peter 'Get lost Big Nose, you are barred' next time he came into the cafe looking for a bacon sarnie.

On the same note the way Jenny barred Brian out of the Rovers was OTT and rude, she threatened to kick him up the ass if he didn't get out quick!

Da Bailey is such a terrible actor: when Michael told him the baby was anaemic and Da was saying how sorry he was about it, you would swear he was being sarcastic.

Weatherfield police have time and again shown themselves to be worse than the Keystone Cops. Now Leanne is putting her life in their hands!
    They give her a police contact who she can ring-what a great help that will be ressuring when Harvey is torturing and killing her :rolleyes:
    Wouldn't she at least have sent Simon away somewhere safe until this is over like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Guys I'd just like to say I really appreciate this group. My mam passed away in late January and we would chat and text each other about Corrie storylines all the time, during and after episodes. I would tell her about posts I read here.. about spoilers of upcoming stories etc and funny posts. I miss her so much. It might sound silly but it does help when I'm watching or catching up that although I don't have her anymore to rant to, I have you lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sorry to hear about you losing your Mum Ann.

I'm glad our little thread here is some help to you. It's an escape from all that's going on at the moment for all of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Ann22 wrote: »
    Guys I'd just like to say I really appreciate this group. My mam passed away in late January and we would chat and text each other about Corrie storylines all the time, during and after episodes. I would tell her about posts I read here.. about spoilers of upcoming stories etc and funny posts. I miss her so much. It might sound silly but it does help when I'm watching or catching up that although I don't have her anymore to rant to, I have you lot.

Aw Ann. Sending you my love. We buried my Mam today. She died suddenly last fri and I will miss her chats and bitching about FC.

I love your posts btw. Take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ann22 wrote: »

Aw Ann, this reminds me so much of me and my mam too. I’m glad this thread helps. I think that’s my favourite post that I’ve read on it though <3

Corrie is pure escapism from the doom and gloom for all of us!

Advertisement