Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sorry for your loss too Fiolina. It's so hard right now to lose someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

So sorry for your loss Ann. My own mam passed away January 2020 and she loved Corrie too. It's great this thread is a comfort to you x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

"..i had no choice...he was threatening my son"...ehh he's not your son ..:rolleyes:

Yes he is.

Speaking of Simon, you have to love how quickly he snaps between trying to act tough to people he thinks won't fight back, tantrumming and screaming when he feels wronged, and bawling his eyes out over messes he created.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Fiolina wrote: »
    Aw Ann. Sending you my love. We buried my Mam today. She died suddenly last fri and I will miss her chats and bitching about FC.

I love your posts btw. Take care.

Jesus.. I'm so sorry Fiolina. My mam was in hospital for 3mths with no visitors so we were physically without her all that time before she passed. I don't know how I'd have coped with a sudden loss. I'm so sorry for your loss and thank you for your kind words xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ann22 wrote: »
    Guys I'd just like to say I really appreciate this group. My mam passed away in late January and we would chat and text each other about Corrie storylines all the time, during and after episodes. I would tell her about posts I read here.. about spoilers of upcoming stories etc and funny posts. I miss her so much. It might sound silly but it does help when I'm watching or catching up that although I don't have her anymore to rant to, I have you lot.

So sorry to hear of your loss

Virtual Hugs Sweetie ;)

Please vent rant or praise the show, what ever you want to say here

• Advertisement

Fiolina wrote: »
    Aw Ann. Sending you my love. We buried my Mam today. She died suddenly last fri and I will miss her chats and bitching about FC.

I love your posts btw. Take care.
    So sorry for your loss Ann. My own mam passed away January 2020 and she loved Corrie too. It's great this thread is a comfort to you x

Sorry to you both also, my condolences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jikashi wrote: »
    Yes he is..

No she's not..really, ....

That hour of Sean,Paul,Billy and Todd plus one was excruciating
    telly....outcome = Billy gets a bit upset...:rolleyes:
    Ty doesnt eat his tea...
    Cops have Harveys phone...but turn it off so he cant contact Leanne....:confused:

Bill Roache is recovering after testing positive for Covid. I hope that he makes a full recovery. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9409215/Bill-Roache-88-forced-time-soap-testing-positive-Covid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Sorry for your losses Ann and Fiolina and runningbuddy. Take care of yourselves x

I'm so sorry runningbuddy..hope you and your family are coping ok xxx

• Advertisement

Bill Roache is recovering after testing positive for Covid. I hope that he makes a full recovery. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9409215/Bill-Roache-88-forced-time-soap-testing-positive-Covid.html

I thought with his age, he would have been already vaccinated

Hope he recovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

I'm glad you posted Ann, its nice to know a bit of chit chat can lift someones spirits , my Dad passed away before covid hit and it was an awful time but forums like this one really helped me too, I love this thread being a die hard corrie fan I love to read other peoples opinions and escape from real life for a while
    Hope everyone that has lost a loved one is doing ok xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought with his age, he would have been already vaccinated

Hope he recovers

I'm sure i saw him being ushered out of The Beacon a few weeks back.....too soon..?.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

So sorry to hear of your losses Ann and Fiolina and runningbuddy. It's hard enough to lose a loved one in normal times but in the middle of these restricted times it's horrendous. It's great to find distractions wherever you can and if that's here, we are glad to provide a smile or a giggle.
    Some of my happiest memories as a child were snuggled up on the couch with my Mam watching Coronation St. In later years I loved her rants, she could never understand how quick everyone was to jump into bed with each other. My Mam died a long time ago and I miss her every day. The wealth of good memories you have will be a great comfort to you all.

magicray wrote: »
    I'm glad you posted Ann, its nice to know a bit of chit chat can lift someones spirits , my Dad passed away before covid hit and it was an awful time but forums like this one really helped me too, I love this thread being a die hard corrie fan I love to read other peoples opinions and escape from real life for a while

Sorry for your loss too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Just reading back here, so sorry for your losses, Ann Fiolina, runningbuddy and MagicRay. Hope you're all doing OK *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

So sorry to hear about your loved ones Ann Fiolina, runningbuddy and MagicRay. Warm hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

No Corrie on Wednesday. Moves to Thursday for an hour from 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Can anyone believe that idiot with his "I am your father" bull....
    Would you pick your time and place?
    If you had any sense of being a father to a lad would you come along and wreck his head like that just when he is becoming a father himself?
    Selfish arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Todd
    doesn't emigrate to Bromsgrove after all and gets a job in the undertaker's.

• Advertisement

Todd
    doesn't emigrate to Bromsgrove after all and gets a job in the undertaker's.

:D
    Dunno why that made me laugh so much

Nick should take back his own flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can anyone believe that idiot with his "I am your father" bull....
    Would you pick your time and place?
    If you had any sense of being a father to a lad would you come along and wreck his head like that just when he is becoming a father himself?
    Selfish arsehole.

Well wouldn’t you confirm, it first by getting like a dna test? Absolutely stupid. There’s a chance he’s not his father and he’s just dropped a bomb that might never have had to be dropped in the first place.

fin12 wrote: »
    Well wouldn’t you confirm, it first by getting like a dna test? Absolutely stupid. There’s a chance he’s not his father and he’s just dropped a bomb that might never have had to be dropped in the first place.

Best way to alienate a whole family. But sure it's soapland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Best way to alienate a whole family. But sure it's soapland.

Half a brain cell between the whole family

jos28 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear of your losses Ann and Fiolina and runningbuddy. It's hard enough to lose a loved one in normal times but in the middle of these restricted times it's horrendous. It's great to find distractions wherever you can and if that's here, we are glad to provide a smile or a giggle.
    Some of my happiest memories as a child were snuggled up on the couch with my Mam watching Coronation St. In later years I loved her rants, she could never understand how quick everyone was to jump into bed with each other. My Mam died a long time ago and I miss her every day. The wealth of good memories you have will be a great comfort to you all.

I'm so sorry Jos.. I got mixed up in my replies there. I'm glad you have some lasting happy memories of your mam.

magicray wrote: »

Thanks Ray.. I'm so sorry for your loss.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

My God, the writing just gets lazier and lazier with every passing episode. We had three examples of the “ convenient eavesdrop/ super hearing” device last night.
    Asha is talking to Nina outside the cafe, ( not shouting or anything), and Corey can hear that they’ve split up from way down the street, maybe thirty yards away, amazing.
    Then there was Billy talking to Todd outside Eileens house, and Summer comes round the corner at the shop and can hear their conversation.
    And Billy meets Paul at the side of the Rovers , and Todd is conveniently lurking in the ginnell to overhear every word.. Why would he leave the house using the ginnell at all, surely it’s more convenient to leave by the front door? And Billy said “I was just coming to see you” , so why was Billy heading down the side of the Rovers and not down the street to Todd’s house ?
    Also sneaking in last night was another reference to that old favourite “ a fresh start”.

And yet, still I watch!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The Bailey family - the mother never cheated on the dad. It was before she and Ed got together. What's everyone's problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Why would he leave the house using the ginnell at all, surely it’s more convenient to leave by the front door.

I don't get the frequency with which characters use the ginnel in general. All the houses keep their wheelie bins out there, store rubbish in it, use it for smoking or walking the dog, and have mostly-unused privvies out there.

So it probably smells dreadful and is dangerous for tripping, especially at night with puddles, moss, glass, bin rubbish and unconscious characters. It's also unlit and out of sight mostly, and as you say has no advantage over the front door except for sneaky exits.

Advertisement