Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

casio4 wrote: »
    I've forgotten why is Faye going to prison?

For braining Adam Barlow with a statue thinking it was Ray Cosby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

spurious wrote: »
    Billy needs such a slap. His character is painful. What a drip.

Couldn't have put it better myself, it all has to come out about Todd at some stage, that kid he was bribing has been forgotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

spurious wrote: »
    Billy needs such a slap. His character is painful. What a drip.

I’ve no idea why Todd is so into him. They are very mismatched but I suppose in a soap they have a habit of pairing up the gay men.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I’ve no idea why Todd is so into him. They are very mismatched but I suppose in a soap they have a habit of pairing up the gay men.
    Has Sean ever been out with either of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He went out with Billy when he first came into it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jikashi wrote: »
    For braining Adam Barlow with a statue thinking it was Ray Cosby.

I'd love to see that on the street...a Ray Crosby statue........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Already exists

For once the writers didn't forget that Maria tried it on with Tyrone. It was great to see Alina reminding her that she's not whiter than white!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

For once the writers didn't forget that Maria tried it on with Tyrone. It was great to see Alina reminding her that she's not whiter than white!

I thought she had some cheek lecturing Alina when her own relationship history is so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I've forgotten why is Faye going to prison?

Because the writers have no imagination whatsoever. How many female characters have gone to prison because of a Bad Man™ over the years?

Deirdre - because Jon Lindsay conned her into committing fraud
    Tracy - because she killed Charlie Stubbs
    Gail - for killing Joe, who accidentally killed himself while faking is own death
    Sally - because some Bad Man™ called Duncan conned her into committing fraud
    Fiz - conned by unlikely Bad Man™ John Stape and got blamed for one of his murders
    Anna - Framed by Very Bad Man™ Pat Phelan

I've a feeling I've left someone out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Billy cheated on Sean with Todd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

.anon. wrote: »
    Because the writers have no imagination whatsoever. How many female characters have gone to prison because of a Bad Man™ over the years?

Gail - for killing Joe, who accidentally killed himself while faking is own death
    Fiz - conned by unlikely Bad Man™ John Stape and got blamed for one of his murders

Jeusis
    That's six women. Then there's Yasmeen more recently and perhaps young what's her name (Tim's daughter) soon enough. That's eight. What about the men?
    What a street it is. Every second house must have someone who has done time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is Gary getting out of prison and Anna should return as her kids need her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Jeusis
    That's six women. Then there's Yasmeen more recently and perhaps young what's her name (Tim's daughter) soon enough. That's eight. What about the men?
    What a street it is. Every second house must have someone who has done time.

Steve McDonald did a stretch in the big house back in the '90s, before eventually catching himself on. Kevin Webster was locked up for beating John Stape. Peter Barlow was wrongly imprisoned for Tina's murder. He met Jim McDonald in there, so he did. David Platt was sent down for smashing the street up, and more recently for stealing money from his granny.

Most of the genuinely Bad Men™ (as opposed to the regular characters, who are just very, very unlucky and definitely not bad at all) escape a prison sentence because they end up brown bread: Richard Hillman, Alan Bradley, Geoff Metcalfe, Pat Phelan, Tony Gordon, Frank Foster, Jez Quigley, Callum Logan, Don Brennan. Again, I'm sure I'm missing someone out.

Gail - for killing Joe, who accidentally killed himself while faking is own death And then the unfortunate man goes to Emmerdale only to get killed again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

https://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2013/06/corrie-z-j-is-for-jailbirds.html

Here you are :D

Hayley was jailed for kidnapping - I don't remember that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Steve McDonald did a stretch in the big house back in the '90s, before eventually catching himself on. Kevin Webster was locked up for beating John Stape. Peter Barlow was wrongly imprisoned for Tina's murder. He met Jim McDonald in there, so he did. David Platt was sent down for smashing the street up, and more recently for stealing money from his granny.

Most of the genuinely Bad Men™ (as opposed to the regular characters, who are just very, very unlucky and definitely not bad at all) escape a prison sentence because they end up brown bread: Richard Hillman, Alan Bradley, Geoff Metcalfe, Pat Phelan, Tony Gordon, Frank Foster, Jez Quigley, Callum Logan, Don Brennan. Again, I'm sure I'm missing someone out.

Including Hayley, that's eight women.

Men of the current crop
    Peter, Gary, Johnny, Steve, David. (There must be more ?)
    Paul surely? That Todd fellow, wasn't he a scammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tyrone should escape while he can.

Did Roy go to prison or am I imagining things.

I do remember him battering Breezy Bum with a cricket bat years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good on Alina.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

We're going around in circles with the Tyrone/Fiz thing, am I the only one shouting at the screen it was just a kiss? God help us all if he had of slept with her. We are going to be listening to Fiz throwing this at Tyrone every time she is annoyed about something. Did she honestly think telling Alina to leave she would just up and go?

• Advertisement

We're going around in circles with the Tyrone/Fiz thing, am I the only one shouting at the screen it was just a kiss? God help us all if he had of slept with her. We are going to be listening to Fiz throwing this at Tyrone every time she is annoyed about something. Did she honestly think telling Alina to leave she would just up and go?

Characters have had full blown affairs and got off easier than old Ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ty should run for the hills if he knows what's good for him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

But this isn't Tyrone's first rodeo.
    He got jiggy with Gemma too.

To thine own self be true

But this isn't Tyrone's first rodeo.
    He got jiggy with Gemma too.
    Ugh! I don't remember that. Selective memory loss maybe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ugh! I don't remember that. Selective memory loss maybe :D

In Fiz and Tyrone's bedroom!
    Started on the couch, Tyrone said he was "going to fill his boots" and he lobbed the job.
    You're lucky you've erased it from your memory :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,384 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Billly Holy Balls is such a tool. One minute he is pining after Humpty Dumpty, won't stop mentioning him, and then when Humpty Dumpty wants him back he tells him to take a run and jump.
    Then Weasels off to Toddy Toad Face . '' It was always Tod'' Is this a true portrayal of how gay men act, they think with their knob. Little does he know it was Tod who put Summers life in danger, Tod who set up Humpty Dumpty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Billly Holy Balls is such a tool. One minute he is pining after Humpty Dumpty, won't stop mentioning him, and then when Humpty Dumpty wants him back he tells him to take a run and jump.
    Then Weasels off to Toddy Toad Face . '' It was always Tod'' Is this a true portrayal of how gay men act, they think with their knob. Little does he know it was Tod who put Summers life in danger, Tod who set up Humpty Dumpty.
    Is Billy ever going to find what Toddy Toad Face (love the name) did? Or will it die a death?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

When Nina was walking down the street a little bit behind Seb she looked like a big cat stalking her prey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Oh my god--SHUT UP, FIZZ!

Fair play to Alina, after spending so long being treated like dirt by others that she stands up for herself and stops taking sh1t from this bunch of hypocrites.

The wheels are really spinning in place with this Bailey plot. Wonder how old Johnny is getting on? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,384 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Alice1 wrote: »
    Is Billy ever going to find what Toddy Toad Face (love the name) did? Or will it die a death?

Same olde story, will drag on until they finally see Toad for who he is, and always was.
    Just repetitive stuff

Advertisement