Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

See Simon at the wedding, looking more evil every time..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Funny to hear Tim call Geoff Dad given there's only a a aixteen year gap between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I think she is thinking/realising that he will always love sinead and that even though she might come close that he will never love her like he did sinead. and she might even be questioning ' why am I even bothering?'

Just waiting for the inevitable cuddle one day when he says "I really, really love you Sinead .... sorry, sorry I mean Bethany!"

ah well see - I was not far out when I posted that - I could be physic :)

I still get the feeling John Stapes daughter has designs on Tye ? - anyone else think the same? - not sure whether to get back at Fizz or whether she does generally fancy him and think she is better for him than fizz?

ah now see - i am sure I am psychic ! :)

Definitely!

He'll abscond, and suddenly suppliers will be saying they have not been paid in months. See how he said to Alya he would go and check the supplies?

... and then maybe sleazy ray will buy speed dahl at blow market vaue??

• Advertisement

Definitely!

He'll abscond, and suddenly suppliers will be saying they have not been paid in months. See how he said to Alya he would go and check the supplies?

... and then maybe sleazy ray will buy speed dahl at below market value??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Does Daniel not work ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

happyday wrote: »
    I don't understand what he was looking for either. Maybe they will explain later.

no he was looking for her passport....which he found just as she walked in. he thought she'd done a runner and left him and was genuinely traumatised....obviously it ll come out thats how his firat wife left. no doubt she ll appear back at some point to reveal all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Daniel not work ??

Is he a freelance journalist now?

I think Geoff might frame Alya for the stolen money from Speed Daal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

no he was looking for her passport....which he found just as she walked in. he thought she'd done a runner and left him and was genuinely traumatised....obviously it ll come out thats how his firat wife left. no doubt she ll appear back at some point to reveal all.

I wish she would hurry up ! Maybe she'll arrive for Tim's wedding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

Has anyone in the show mentioned how quickly Adam and Sarah for married? They've never lived together, they could be in for a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sparko wrote: »
    Has anyone in the show mentioned how quickly Adam and Sarah for married? They've never lived together, they could be in for a surprise.

There Weatherfield's answer to Megan and Harry!

Sparko wrote: »

Where will the married couple live now, surely Adam should have his own gaff by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I think couples get married so quickly on a whim in the show. There's less and less of a build up and they never gave to do much planning or preparing or shopping for wedding clothes or booking venues, churches and ministers, bands etc. The whole cast turn up in beautiful outfits that they never mentioned buying with hair and make-up done like magic. Usually the marriage falls apart after a fairly short time and most people would struggle to remember who married who in the past or how many times people have been married. Totally unrealistic and unconvincing.

Is Maria pregnant?

Adam walks out of pub after saying to ali "dont worry mate your secret is safe with me .." - and smirks as he is saying it ... that means its not safe then . me thinks that he will relay what ali and maria got up to in the hairdressers at some point to Gary to score extra points - and then there is talk that ali is leaving the show ... and gary windass has killed before ... watch this space!

Adam walks out of pub after saying to ali "dont worry mate your secret is safe with me .." - and smirks as he is saying it ... that means its not safe then . me thinks that he will relay what ali and maria got up to in the hairdressers at some point to Gary to score extra points - and then there is talk that ali is leaving the show ... and gary windass has killed before ... watch this space!
    Next week's episodes see Ali rushed to hospital after taking an overdose of diazepam. While Ali's loved ones believe that he has relapsed with his painkiller addiction, he's adamant that his drink was spiked.

Ali is right to be suspicious, with Gary Windass to blame for his ordeal. When Gary finds out about Ali and Maria's recent passion, he recruits help from Rick Neelan's former loan shark sidekick Sharon to take revenge on his love rival.

James continued: "Ali is giving Craig a wellness check-up when he feels very faint and collapses. Dr Gaddas goes to help him, but because Toyah knows about his past, she feels she has to mention that he might have taken drugs. He has to be taken to hospital and it really isn't looking good for him.

"Ryan is furious with Maria. He thinks her behaviour, playing the two men off against each other, has pushed Ali back onto the drugs. When Ali insists to Ryan that he hasn't taken anything, Ryan just doesn't believe him.

"Ali is convinced that someone has spiked his drink and he is certain that Gary is behind it all and he tells Ryan that he is going to prove it."

Once he's back out of hospital, Ali traps Maria in his car and drives off with her – desperate for her to believe that Gary can't be trusted.

"He just wants to get through to her and get the truth," James continued.

"Even if he can't be with her, he doesn't want her to be with Gary. He is one of the few people who really knows that Gary is a wrong'un and he really needs her to realise. He is sitting in the car and she sees him and gets in. When she starts asking him about taking the drugs, it flips him over the edge and he locks her in the car.

"He starts driving really fast and she is terrified. He tells her that Gary has set him up, but his behaviour is so erratic it has the opposite effect. There is no way she is going to believe someone acting in such a crazy fashion."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a31194529/coronation-street-james-burrows-ali-neeson-exit/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Fiz said Jade was not right in the head and like father like daughter. She seems to have forgotten her own daughter Hope has the same father as Jade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where will the married couple live now, surely Adam should have his own gaff by now

I wonder will he swoop in and buy Kens house - bit silly really, actually where is Sarah living at the moment anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Adam and Sarah will surely take Daniels flat when he leaves the street

• Advertisement

I don't think he is going anywhere now

Where do Adam and Sarah live?

Where do Adam and Sarah live?

in the coronation street Tardis?*

*(eileen grimshaw / phelan - whatever she is called now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

So sick of Geoff & Tims storylines, they both need to go

I know there is a saying 'opposites attract' but i never have quite ever gt the pairing of Tim and sally , i dont know what the producers/writers/directors were at pairing them 2 up and I never find them, or any of their story-lines one bit funny personally

I know there is a saying 'opposites attract' but i never have quite ever gt the pairing of Tim and sally , i dont know what the producers/writers/directors were at pairing them 2 up and I never find them, or any of their story-lines one bit funny personally

I actually think that they work well together. They seem to have a physical chemistry that is quite nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I can’t look at Tim and Sally together. Feel likes he’s cheating on Abbey ! ( real life partner). I do like them as a couple though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Why is Adam living in the pub??? Surely on a solicitor salary he can afford a place!!

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I can’t look at Tim and Sally together. Feel likes he’s cheating on Abbey ! ( real life partner). I do like them as a couple though.

Wish his other wife had have hung around a bit longer...that story just fizzled out....

• Advertisement

Fiz said Jade was not right in the head and like father like daughter. She seems to have forgotten her own daughter Hope has the same father as Jade.

And Hope was showing her bad side before Jade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Gary standing on a corner listening to Ryan and Ali about Maria has to be the laziest writing in a long-time.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Gary standing on a corner listening to Ryan and Ali about Maria has to be the laziest writing since yesterday

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

So obvious Gary was going to be listening to the two gob****es shouting in the street

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I hope they cure Craig's obesity like they did his OCD. Write him out for a while and send him to a dietitian or whatever. He's as unbelievable as a cop as Ali is as a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah it was preposterous knowing well he'd be puffing up the street after fleeing criminals. Beth's an idiot..can she not see how heavy he is? Feck sake..stuffing him with enormous cakes. I do have my suspicions that he's wearing a fat suit though so don't be surprised if he loses 5 stone by Wednesday week.
    Ryan and Ali like a big dangly pair of numbnuts roaring their dirty secrets at each other in the street.. Fcuk sake. I've never watched a show which had so many eavesdropper secrets revealed. Just a thought, if Gareh whacked Ali across the side of the head, I wonder if it'd bounce back up like one of those inflatable things that bounce back up when you punch them?... I find the thought so distracting I don't think I'll be emotionally scarred even if they actually filmed it for real.

• Advertisement

I hope they cure Craig's obesity like they did his OCD. Write him out for a while and send him to a dietitian or whatever. He's as unbelievable as a cop as Ali is as a doctor.

Could be more to do with bullying in the police force, ye know what theyre like over there....:rolleyes:

He might go and visit Bethany for a while and come back a different actor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

when Craig was leaving the flat I half expected him to come back in the door and flick the switch 7 or 10 times like he used to do, it's a bit mad that he's living in the same flat that he used to do his light switching and oven turning on and off, surely that couldn't help his recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

casio4 wrote: »
    when Craig was leaving the flat I half expected him to come back in the door and flick the switch 7 or 10 times like he used to do, it's a bit mad that he's living in the same flat that he used to do his light switching and oven turning on and off, surely that couldn't help his recovery

In fairness, if you live on Coronation Street miracles do happen. Carla had a kidney transplant one day, two days later she was drinking in the Rovers. She also recovered from her breakdown in a couple of weeks. Ken had a stroke and was back to normal the following week. :pac:

I forgot about Craig's OCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

in the coronation street Tardis?*

I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

In fairness, if you live on Coronation Street miracles do happen. Carla had a kidney transplant one day, two days later she was drinking in the Rovers. She also recovered from her breakdown in a couple of weeks. Ken had a stroke and was back to normal the following week. :pac:
    Miracle Street

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I forgot about Craig's OCD

I think the writers do too.

If he even turned up in Templemore as a recruit with that gut he'd be sent away in no time :D
    Instead he declares he wants to be a cop and the very next day he's a fully paid member of the GMP.

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Miracle Street

Sinead will come back from the dead yet. Didnt she come back from paralysis not so long ago?

If he even turned up in Templemore as a recruit with that gut he'd be sent away in no time :D
    Instead he declares he wants to be a cop and the very next day he's a fully paid member of the GMP.

It's not even just his weight that would be an issue.
    His personality wouldn't help nor would his family background such as his father being in jail.

Would it have made more sense for Bertie to have stayed with Beth and Kirk or Peter and Carla while Daniel went for treatment

Would it have made more sense for Bertie to have stayed with Beth and Kirk or Peter and Carla while Daniel went for treatment

Yes, Beth is also always whinging about money. I've no idea how she's going to afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

I wonder if the actor who plays Craigy is on a mission to lose weight? Nothing is going to motivate him more than a Corrie storyline, but God help him if he fails miserably.

How do writers approach this though? "Oh Coslon, since you are obsese, how about we make Craig have a heart attack?" Now there's a slap in the face.

Ah but Beth was heading off to Dancing on Ice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

threetrees wrote: »
    I wonder if the actor who plays Craigy is on a mission to lose weight? Nothing is going to motivate him more than a Corrie storyline, but God help him if he fails miserably.

How do writers approach this though? "Oh Coslon, since you are obsese, how about we make Craig have a heart attack?" Now there's a slap in the face.

I genuinely burst out laughing at this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement