Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

magicray wrote: »
    The kidnap story line was very unbelievable, no way that child would have got into the back of a van like that - he is far too intelligent , I reckon Gary will come to the rescue there he might remember the reg number or something

I'm horrible now but next time Sam is acting the smart little kid and lecturing/correcting the adults. I hope they remind him he's the lad who wondered into a strangers van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I think it's kinda disappointing they broke Fizz and Tyrone up. Thought they would have been one of the long running couples of the show. They are perfect personality wise for each other.

Yeah they seemed to be one of the few settled couples (even though Tyrone did cheat with Gemma but I try not to think about that). It's a shame that they have absolutely assassinated Tyrone with this storyline, essentially abandoning his daughter to chase after Alina.

They'll probably put him and Fiz back together eventually but as much as I dislike Fiz I'm absolutely on her side in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm horrible now but next time Sam is acting the smart little kid and lecturing/correcting the adults. I hope they remind him he's the lad who wondered into a strangers van.
    Some people can be very intelligent but have very little cop-on or street smarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

threetrees wrote: »
    Whoever called Sharon "Dick Dastardly" has it spot on. The cat and mouse chasing, frantically doing things behind Devs back, it's all so silly.

That'd be me. Between her ludicrous plots and traps, constantly just missing her capture of those meddling witnesses, and her snivelling phone calls to her angry boss on the phone, she brings to mind the likes of Dick Dastardly, Wile E. Coyote, Tom the Cat, Boris and Natasha, Elmer Fudd, Team Rocket, and various Scooby Doo villains.

All she's missing is a long moustache to twirl and for her to yell "Curses, you haven't seen the last of me" when her latest plan gets thwarted by the oblivious and uncharacteristically unsuspicious Street residents.

I'm not liking howthey have more or less sidelined the whole Nina/Seb storyline :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not liking howthey have more or less sidelined the whole Nina/Seb storyline :mad:

Yes I thought we would see more upset angry people

Alina is happy even though her ex boyfriend flatmate has died

What was the nonsense with Steve and his runny face tan and bicycle wheel? He can be funny at times and then a pure gob****e idiot and where is Tracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

There is the week of late night shows coming up, maybe that will be covered then more, not all bouncy Simon, and the big bad ‘Arvey,

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    There is the week of late night shows coming up, maybe that will be covered then more, not all bouncy Simon, and the big bad ‘Arvey,
    Hopefully. It seems like thay have used Nina & Seb stroyline as bait to catch some new viewers and now they are just putting it on the back burner.
    I hope they don't drag it out like this for ages in spits and furts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Lol! Simon is noticeably bouncy! Even in a 10ft square apt he can get 6 springy steps in from one side to the other. Leanne on the other hand, can squeeze in 7 or 8 angry little clip cloppy ones.

I thought Sam would have pulled a MacGyver with the bits and bobs in the van and built something to help him escape by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

"I'll keep the toad warm for you."
    Vomiting here...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭prunudo

Harvey hired the most unconvincing hardman to deliver the threat to Nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What a stupid episode with Yasmeen and the other 2. Trying to get the "3 old mad women in a dysfunctional house" yet the acting of the gingery lady was shocking.

Like ffs, she asked David for a loan of a dog to get rid of a mouse yet David didn't tell her how to actually catch the mouse or do it himself? Now she's not even going to ask a man she knows, she's going to get pest control out? Come on..Even Aliyah!!

2 flat Tyrone :p between his jobs and Alina he will have a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tyrone and Alina skittering about "very special dessert" in the shops. What age are they? Grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What a stupid episode with Yasmeen and the other 2. Trying to get the "3 old mad women in a dysfunctional house" yet the acting of the gingery lady was shocking.

Like ffs, she asked David for a loan of a dog to get rid of a mouse yet David didn't tell her how to actually catch the mouse or do it himself? Now she's not even going to ask a man she knows, she's going to get pest control out? Come on..Even Aliyah!!

I agree, have none of them heard of a mouse trap? and your one on the bike stayed in the cycling position with her bum cocked in the air through out the whole scene:rolleyes: Three women in a house like that would be sitting around reading magazines drinking wine and slating all men:D:D

Does Ryan and Alya live also with Yasmeen?

Yasmeen was abused by Geoff, but she is free now, yes? No!
    She has swapped him for a pair of selfish cows who have taken over her house and have her chasing round after themcleaning like a skivvy just like Geoff did.
    You are supposed to be a whole new strong woman Yazz. Tell them to get tf out of your gaff.

Nick: Don't worry I'll be careful *gets a big old taxi to the street where he Simon and Leanne live and everyone knows him and the people he fears are involves would be waiting for him, and pulls up to his front door with his brother conspicuously waiting outside to receive him*

If he'd met with David or Natasha literally ANYWHERE else, he wouldn't be seen. Sure enough, he rolls out with his bright blue hoodie and is immediately seen by one of Harvey's goons.

threetrees wrote: »
    Alina ends every sentence with a little laugh or giggle or sometimes a little squeak. It's annoying, (squeak).
    Similarly, Sharon ends almost every sentence with a raspy 40-a-day chuckle: heh heh.
    Listen out for it.

• Advertisement

Brian didn't hear the detective ask Sharon about her nephew Harvey

Where is Rita?

The street really needs a nosy Norris character

Similarly, Sharon ends almost every sentence with a raspy 40-a-day chuckle: heh heh.
    Listen out for it.

I did notice that this episode, when she was talking with the copper, Brian, and the inexplicable three scenes of her hanging out with David and Shona and... buying them food...?

Speaking of whom, David and Shona should be far too impatient, cynical and distrusting to not have yet asked why this rando is hanging around their family like a bad smell, letting herself in and out of their house morning noon and night, and taking an excessive interest in Nick's whereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Where is Rita?

Where is Tracy too? Very conspicuous by her absence.

Listen out for it.
    The more I hear Sharon's heh-heh laugh the more it reminds me of Fr Barty Dunne.
    vlcsnap-00643.jpg

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Where is Rita?

Has Evelyn had any dealings with Sharon yet? She's quite a busybody.

Old Battleaxe Blanche would have seen through her in no time. She didn't trust anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Listen out for it.

Anybody see her in a recurring role in Casualty? She was a chronic alcoholic and a frequent flyer. She'd be in a cubicle pi55ed as a rat. (Dr.) Dylan arrives to see her and out comes that laugh... "Ay up chuck," and she's off. Not many strings on her acting bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

During the 9PM week of episodes next week. It's going to feature a lot of Corey
    he ends up
    getting pushed or falling down the stairs at Victoria Court and Asha is near by.

During the 9PM week of episodes next week. It's going to feature a lot of Corey
    he ends up
    getting pushed or falling down the stairs at Victoria Court and Asha is near by.
    Abi goes after him as she overhears him talking trash about dead Seb and his death

I hope Corey goes to prison for life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just catching up here. Your man kidnaps Sam right outside his front door with neighbours all about... Are they that stuck for sets? Same as Simon and his mates and the car boot boy, Seb and Nina's assaults...Coreh and mates joyriding..all around the corner from the street with that skip usually in view. They talk about other locations that are obviously just there within spitting distance. Annoys me it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

There was a time when Shona could not see that one plus one equals two.
    Now she is Miss Rationale herself.
    Just doesn't hold true.

Advertisement