Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Mary was doing his head in one time about planning their own funerals and he said as a joke that he wanted her to attend his funeral dressed as Princess Leia. She only realised this when he mentioned it in the letter that Roy read out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Imran bores me stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,768 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I kind of like Sabin because at least she has a bit of character!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes it would be good if they could have her as an occasional character - god know the residents fall foul of the law so often she would never be out of work. Especially if she has a proper office and does not need to discuss client's private business in the local.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time until she realises she's pregnant following the one night of passion with Imran.

She reminds me of mad Moya, one of Devs lady loves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

I've been away for the last 3 weeks and don't really have time to watch the last 3 weeks of Corrie. Would someone mind giving me a quick recap of what's happened in the last month or so. Just the important stuff. Would really appreciate it, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

Through flashbacks we learnt that Corey killed Seb and Kelly tried to stop him. Corey was found innocent and Kelly guilty, with a minimum 15 year prison sentence. Abi broke up with Kevin and left the street after the verdict. Imran slept with his ex-wife after losing the case and is now considering joining a case with her but it's for that Harvey who Simon was involved with.

Norris died and his funeral was mostly a comedy storyline. Emily's niece Freda returned as part of that storyline and kept butting in on Chesney and Gemma's decision to get cochlear implants for their deaf son. She eventually kidnapped the child to stop him from getting the operation because she didn't want him to lose his place in the deaf community or some ****. It was a bit of a mess.

Gail came back from Thailand. Audrey found out Rita got her hair done secretly by Claudia and they're now feuding, and Audrey backed into Rita's car.

Max has a new face and is tormenting Daniel, who is suddenly an English teacher. The Platts are also trying to sort out the sinkhole that still exists in their garden.

Alyas brother Zeedan is back, after Alya lost all the restaurant's money to a scammer. He's offered her 50k to get back on her feet. He's acting shady.

Michael Bailey broke up with Grace and she threatened to move to Hull (I think, somewhere that isn't within the Weatherfield bubble anyway). She blackmailed Ed and Aggie into giving her a house so that she wouldn't leave with the baby.

That's everything I can think of off the top of my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

That's a fantastic recap, thanks so much! I'm most surprised at the kidnap of the baby, that's madness. Really appreciate it :)

It was a very strange storyline, she just locked herself in the community centre with the baby for a while and they basically negotiated with her and got him back pretty quickly and wrote the whole thing off as grief making her overreact.

I forgot to mention Tyrone, Fiz and Alina. Can't remember if their storyline ended during the 3 weeks you missed but basically Tyrone kissed Fiz and decided he wanted her back. In the meantime Alina announced she was pregnant again. She found out about Tyrone kissing Fiz and that Hope had started fires in the past so she left for Romania and told Tyrone she wasn't actually pregnant but her last scene was at the airport, ordering a non-alcoholic drink and cradling her belly so they fairly heavily hinted she was leaving with a mini-Tyrone on board.

Post edited by Sparko on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Surely imran could have picked somewhere else other than the back of the rover to meet sabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

If Sally thinks the parking is bad now, wait till EE opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

So who was Imran with, if not Sabine? Who is the mystery woman and is she preggy now?

Oh god I hope it wasn't Abi. Wasn't she wandering around looking for drugs or something, was she missing overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hopefully Sharon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kelly? Okay not so, but dam the flirting, and smiling, and constant luring looks they give each other, WTF.

Is Kelly doing him off set, it's so weird how the director doesn't stop and say CUT! '' You're her lawyer, Kelly you're the convicted murderer,, you're not lovers'' Take 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She even hits him up on twitter.

I think the actress who plays Kelly has a real life thing for Imran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Funny how David's hair is all over the place. And he a barber. In real life did he get a transplant ? (hair that is) If so, what a disaster.

Imran's ex speaks just like Alya who in turn speaks the royals in The Windsors.

How come Rita always speaks like an actress in an English film from the 40s or 50s? Casting wisdom over all she purveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Wow Imran is only just turned 32 in real life. He looks at least 40.

Just watching Shakespeare In Love and Vicar Billy plays a big part. He was such a pretty boy!

Sally was in the council, was mayor so she should have contacts and be known

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,768 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Bailey storyline is fairly boring at this stage. James wouldn't hand over his licence when asked and Michael got out of the car when he was told to stay inside in it. Brutal story.

Nina is also getting a tad annoying also.

Zeedan and the curry(I think) wasn't much either,

Similar with the one Sally and the parking.

The Corey storyline gets worse, he can go around Weatherfield where his victim Nina lives and deceased Seb's family live and now is a racist too

Did Corey get charged with anything, despite being heard on the voice message, getting rid of evidence and wanting an alibi

Imran should just come clean to Toyah not help Harvey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

If iirc Sharons last scene showed her giving instructions about running the the crime gang now that Harvey had been banged up. So while he's no angel, I'd say Sabine could be onto something about him a pawn in Sharon's world. Mind you, doesn't make Imran any less of an idiot for ending up being in the position he finds himself in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Zeedan and his Lego Man Hair

• Advertisement

The whole Seb/Corey storyline is an insult to victims of hate crimes.

As for the rest of the stories, I’ve lost interest.

Advertisement