Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,335 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Curtis to die on his wedding day so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Surely a bypass reduces environmental emissions by keeping traffic moving? Maria needs to focus on the council providing a replacement recreational area rather than preventing a bypass.

I don't trust Debbie Webster, she blows hot and cold with everyone. She's all nice to Abi now all of a sudden. That will not last, she's conning her.

Curtis, ah yes, can drop dead anytime, but on Coronation St this is a licence to die at the most inappropriate time. He'll probably die halfway through his wedding vows so Emma will consider herself half married. She'll be married to him but he won't be married to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Toyah asked Imran if he'd used a condom and he said yeah. Would he lie about that? Would be showing he had paused enough in the mindless throes of passion to think and decide he was going to betray her? Or did he think she'd be madder if he risked pregnancy or worse?

Would make for more of a typical story to develop if he finds out he has a child. Dunno if I could listen to Abby wailing her guilt and inadequacy as a mother. She's such a pain in the arse!

Gary the hero and why was Corey's dad not arrested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Sally: My name means something.

Maria: A jailbird who married a bigamist

Me: That would be a sweet burn if Maria hadn't gone to jail herself for actually being guilty of a crime which happened to be a sham marriage.

(later)

Fizz: Sally is stuck up, you're nice, d'awwh.

Maria: Ta Fizz, thanks for forgetting that whole business where I sent your long-term partner, a domestic abuse survivor, a campaign of threatening messages pretending to be his abuser.

Summer develops a crush on Daniel while Aadi and Kelly get close

There was blood on Coreys trainers? The same ones he put in the washing machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Is that it for Corey’s on-screen appearances now? The actor is bidding goodbye on Twitter.

All a bit of an anti-climax really, they should have just found him guilty at the trial, rather than have these ludicrous last few weeks.

Would Nina and Abi not attend his trial and provide impact statements, of course could be done off screen so I think that's it now for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Trials are interesting where there are twist and turns. With such a strong evidence it would be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

An hour of Corrie tomorrow. Not on on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

"Kelly Neelam was sent to prison for a crime she did not commit"

Anyone else waiting for the A Team to burst into the courtroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

So Summer fancies Daniel... teacher student relationship storyline?!

Kelly should not have been released or let back to the Street, she was not entirely innocent

Mute Sam is making me 50% happy I’d be 100% if he left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Is Corey's dad not going to get done for attempting to pervert the court of justice? Or is he just getting away with trying to leave the country with his murderer son?

Coronation Street has confirmed that Faye Windass and Ray Crosby will both be back on our screens next week. The soap revisits a big storyline from last year as Tim Metcalfe pays a visit to Faye in jail.

Faye has been absent from Corrie since April, when she received a three-year sentence for attacking Adam in a case of mistaken identity.

Next week, Tim goes to see his daughter and becomes concerned that she isn't coping well behind bars. Tim later tells Sally how worried he is. Sally then shares this with Debbie in a rubbish game of Chinese Whispers.

Sally wonders whether it might be worth paying a visit to Ray in prison to see whether he'll confess to sexually assaulting Faye last year.

Faye only ever attacked Adam because she believed he was Ray, but has never been able to prove this in court.

Debbie decides to take matters into her own hands by visiting Ray in jail.

Debbie warns Ray that unless he pleads guilty to sexually assaulting Faye, she'll report him to the police for the death of Johnny Connor instead.

Ray is concerned when Debbie points out that she knows all about how he paid Colin to create the sinkhole in the Platts' garden, starting the chain of events that led to Johnny's tragic fate.

Debbie says that Ray has until the end of the day to choose between a sentence for sexual assault or manslaughter.

Will Ray take notice of Debbie's warning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

That's not a hard choice, I think. Surely any man would rather go down for accidentally killing someone via some dodgy scheme than raping a teenage girl especially if they had done both.

Didn't Faye sleep with Ray to further her career first time and second time he tried it on with her but she ran off with her shirt ripped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Maybe I'm OCD but why are so many doors on the latch.

Stevens is always on the latch.

This week the girl Summer opened the door on the latch.

Abi talking to Jack in the kitchen and the back an inch open.

Poor Alina is still waiting on her luggage at the carousel in Bucharest airport and Tyrone is off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Tyrone is so immature, a big jealous child. I think the infidelity story is all wrong, it'd be better to have Tyrone stay with Fizz and be the henpecked husband, the new Jack and Vera.

I'm wondering if Sam is in turmoil over his relationship with Leanne? Does he want her to be his new mum or a friend type person, and he's wondering if Leanne is happy to he a mum to him or a friend, especially in light of Oliver's death. Sam needs a motherfigure in his life as he had such a close bond with Natasha.

There's been a few hints recently, like Jack wanting to call Abi "mum", Aadi saying his mum was murdered when he was 8, Simon saying his mum died too, we just need Max onboard now saying his mum is dead too.

Poor Sam, infinitely more clever than all around him and nobody to help him property.

An hour of Corrie tonight people. 8-9 on ITV. 8:30-9:30 Virgin 1.

Stunt arranged by: Larry, Curly and Moe. 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

Could Imran have walked away any slower from "anonymously" posting the phone in the letterbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I haven't seen it in weeks. Kinda gave up watching because it's gone so silly and incredulous now.

Miss the old style wit and humour.

Anyway, I read something about Tyrone going on a date. What happened Alina?

And is he stuck with that tattoo?!

To thine own self be true

Could Tracy or Amy not look after Bertie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The writer of Tuesday's episode seemed to have a weird fascination with characters being oddly specific with times for upcoming arrangements.

By my count in one episode there was:

Daniel having to supervise an exam in 35 minutes.

Imran needing to be in court in 45 minutes.

Amy needing to get the bus back to school in 5 minutes.

Ken needing to hand off Bertie in 15 minutes.

Kelly meeting that guy in 30 minutes.

And I'm sure they said something similar for Tyrone's lunch, Summer coming to David's, Aadi collecting Kelly, etc. They lead busy lives.

It was almost like what they do in the lead up to whodunnits and whosgonnadies and the audience has to work out callbacks to character movements prior to the assault/fire/roof collapse/murder, etc

• Advertisement

When did they get back together, Nina and Asha? Corey was only around because of Asha

Advertisement