Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

tonight's episode:

Oh yeah, of course Stuart is every bit as nasty as Geoff was yasmeen ... er not!

Abi being as vocal a kind of girl (which she is) would have shouted out in court "i was lendin' im 20 quid thats all!"

the nasty consultant goes out into the waiting room area and tears off a strip off aggie? .. not pulls her into an office??

So much for patient confidentiality, Aggie announces in the pub to her husband that the bet was about Peter Barlow!

I reckon Kelly paying abby solicitor using money she walked off with from the holdall found underneath her dads house floorboards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Yeah reckon it's Kellie who paid for Elliot. I presume eventually Abi will get custody of Alfie, the story has to have a happy ending you'd think.

By the way, does anyone think of Audrey and Alf Roberts whenever "Alfie" is mentioned? I just picture the old guy in the trilby. I actually think Audrey called him Alfie quite a bit.

The Abi storyline of getting Alfi is quite strange. A few weeks back when abi gave birth the social worker came in and Abi said "I dont want him" ... then she changed her mind and bonded and said to the social worker that she did want him and "what are my chances of keeping him?" and the social worker said "with you drug dependency past Abi, and taking into account the welfare of your previous children its highly unlikely that you will be able to keep Alfie"

Fast forward to now and the only 2 battling in court for Alfie is Abi and Imran and Toyah ... not even a mention of Alfie going up for adoption!

So they have lately dug up a couple of older corrie characters lately - Alfie for the baby from Alf Roberts who used to run the corner shop - and then the one Toyah and Imran were looking after was called Elsie ... and you had Elsie Tanner on the street back in the day.

Waits for next baby to be named Ena .. after Ena Sharples or Albert after Ken's 'Uncle Albert' 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I think the Babby will have whiskers before Imram & froggy will get him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I think Kelly paid the solicitor for Abi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭phormium

Oddly enough I see some scenario where Toyah will be disgusted when she discovers what Imran did, leaves him and she and Abi move in together to bring up Alfie. It would give him back to his mother but with the steadying, lol, influence of Toyah the counsellor/foster parent. Not in a lesbian type storyline but as friends, great solution! 😁

That’s totally beyond the mindset of Corrie writers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

And bring up the child as non Binery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

The introduction of a storyline on workplace bullying so suddenly is daft, where did we see that Consultant actor before?

Still not trusting Jacob - he seems to have a nasty streak !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Immran is being horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Dominic Mafham is the grumpy doc. He was in the Irish series The Clinic if that's it.

I think they'll do a Gemma with Jacob and his shady past will be forgotten. He'll be doing comedy scenes with Kirk before long.

How long before Aggy and Dr Grump end up in bed together?

That turned an odd corner with Aggie and the consultant ... I thought maybe she would have a crush on him or they would get together, especially when she first met him and thought how pleasant he was ... or on the other hand I thought there would be some kind of a racist storyline, yet again with the family (what would that be 3 racist storylines now), and that it would turn out that the consultant would be racist towards Aggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Has it actually been established that Imran is really Alfie's father. I don't remember a DNA being done. I know Abie said that it couldn't be Kevin's but she's not exactly reliable

Abi should offer to do many more drug tests with anyone public or private even in the court room in front of the judge to prove her innocence

Audrey's son Stephen returns after 15 years 

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Already exists

Bertie (Daniel's invisible child) is named after Uncle Albert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,762 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks couldn't put my finger on it. He was fairly nasty in The Clinic also.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I think that it was Roy who paid fir Abbies fancy solicitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

All of the Saint Aggie stories bored me, but I think this one is good, if a bit too hurried when introduced. We all know old farts who won't move with tech, expect qualified females to act as go-fers and make them coffee. Sure not many left but there are some, could be a good story. I didn't like the surgery time trial bet, but work harassment and lack of respect is a good story for Aggie (finally!).

Peter finds out his operation was part of a bet, seeks out Dr. Thorne and decks the disagreeable doc.

I think this leads to

Him trying to blackmail Carla into having sex with him.

I think Pat Phelan started off similar with Anna.

it could be highlighting men like that on the show , but an awful lot of consultants in hospitals feel like they are above everyone else (men & women) and God's gift (and I suppose they are at they end of the day , saving lives and doing operations etc)

Anyone else on here old enough like me to remember Marc Almond from Soft Cell - well he looks like this now ... but hmmm doesn't he look like Jacob from corrie too? - I think so

Poor Jacob/Jack J Ryan is a good looking lad. Marc Almond looks like Dr. Frankenstein had a go at him with his jump leads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are we meant to sympathise with Toyah or something?

Shes probably more vile than Imran.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

At wheat point did Abbie go off and get the Turkey Teeth?not a very convincing look for a supposed addict….

she can barely shut her Gob with them teeth 😬 - and those perfect painted manicured fingernails too ....

• Advertisement

I think we're meant to see how desperate she is to become a mothharsher do anything!

Advertisement