Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Yep I googled A and AS level exams and am none the wiser. Not too perplexed that they were on the same exam hall but the same notes was s bit strange.

Note to self: it's a soap. Not real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

I wondered where it was that Toyah was festering. Didn't occur to anyone that she might be there. Imran's business partner ( I forget his name) looks like he's gonna do Toyah for murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Not just Adam. Look at the state of David.

He should go to a barber.

Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Another Corrie woman off to prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Free the Coronation St. 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Loved the '-ology' reference they gave to Maureen Lipman, for those of a certain age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Didn't see the crash epsiode, did Toyah do it on purpose or know Imran had lied in court?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She knew he lied. We don't really know if she did it on purpose, but there were no skid marks and it appears she made no effort to swerve/stop.

We're getting bits of information in pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Daisy is so hot. Best in the whole programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Loved that too and she delivered it brilliantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

when Toyah was in the police station and being interviewed and getting Imran's voices in her head and wobbling her head it reminded me of Jan in the Brady Bunch movie lol

To be fair, that Summer storyline with the exams would be quite common. Young people are under so much pressure with the media hype around end of school exams. A lot of it driven by teachers as well as a means to inflate their own importance. Using any good results / increasing trends as a flag to wave when looking for more pay or time off. What they are not told is that the A levels/LC is a walk in the park compared to university or professional exams later in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Just catching up now and laughed out loud at that, brilliant. Struck by how young she actually was in those ads!

I was reading on digital spy where some think she may have adlibbed it and they kept it. That makes it even better.

I loved her expression as soon as she said it knowing so many people would remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Yes, agree. I remember an incident in my secondary school where a girl hid her LC Biology book in the cistern of a school toilet while sitting her end of 5th year exams. The book pushed the ballcock down and flooded the toilets. When the principal looked at the book her name was on it. She was an intelligent top-marks student that would have done well but just panicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I’d say Imran had a few skid marks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

God help this solicitor. Stuck between both shrieking Battersby's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Where is Sam during all this stuff. Does he not live with Leanne & Nick?

• Advertisement

is this really how things work these days, your supposed to get up on the stand and say the whole truth and your solicitor gets you to lie to get you off with a lighter sentence?

Louise Marwood (Chrissie White, ex Emmerdale) is joining as Phil's ex-wife Camilla.

I’ve having a weird problem since last Wednesday. I use my freesat box to record the soaps only on BBC1 HD & ITV1 HD

Eastenders and Emmerdale record just fine every time there on but Coronation Street says it has and when I go to play it’s says failed recording.

Jack has a very confident swagger. Did his real leg grow back or have the script writers forgotten it?

Wendy Crozier, Ken's old flame back.

that Judge lady looked very much like Nichola out of Emmerdale. wonder if they are related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭phormium

What did Brian say to Cathy with his quivering lip! I have replayed it several times and cannot make out the words, everything else is crystal clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Why is Toyah been charged with murder at all??

Imram keeled over with a heart attack after all, she didn’t shoot him, stab him, poison him, or run him over with the car.

The most she should be charged with is careless/dangerous driving, or summat.

• Advertisement

He sustained internal injuries causing blood loss which lead to a cardiac arrest. She's charged with murder because it looks like she deliberately drove into the wall. No doubt we'll find out over time that the other car was involved in some way, probably the dodgy lad Imran hired to take photos of Abi buying drugs.

Advertisement