Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The ending to Corrie was unintentionally funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Not sure which is more painful to watch.....a Ken Barlow love triangle.....or Summer being the stupiest person of all time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Think Summer is worse, I do fast forward the Ken bits.

where is Toyah these days; just so odd Spider hanging out with those racists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Ken is getting very terrible at delivering his lines lately , very 'slurrey' - mind you has got to be getting in on in years has been since day 1 in Corrie hasnt he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DT2016

• Advertisement

No problem with his love life 😂

am I correct that Corrie was on UTV last night but not TV3? Can’t see it on catch-up

It wants on itv as I use freesat it’s on tonight and Friday for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think I missed an episode, anyway not bothered about going back I think I got the jist of what happened. Reckon the series link didn't quite work with the schedule changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭littlevillage

What did Aaron & Summer do with the money they got off the foster couple? why can't they just give them the money back?

• Advertisement

gave it to his father to get Rehab for his drinking ... er I mean drinking problem

I forget what happened with her inheritance money she got from her Father - what happened to that and why cant she use that to pay them back?

he was sober for like 5 minutes lol

is the play finally over for the love of god it was rubbish storyline

Ahhh damn.... I thought there for half an episode that Aaron & Summer were about to f*#k off somewhere for a VERY long time.... instead we are plunged into another #Woke storyline, surrogacy and its moral implications (yawn).

Then they go and double down on the #Wokeness by having annoying Daisey looking at her jabs in the sitting room mirror (no bathroom or bedroom mirrors at all around the place in the Rovers living quarters).... attempting to find a "lump".

I know that the audience is probably 90% wimmin, hence the female centric storylines and shallow portrayal of men (either feckin eijits, or evil bastards).... but come on 🤷‍♂️

Brutal storylines, am just hoping the play is over, at least I could fast-forward those bits,

The Summer pieces are terrible, she is such an inconsistent character. Still think there is something fishy about AAron.

Give me more 'Ope', she is a fab little actor, am starting to like Sam a little too. Alina returning would spice things up a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

As if formerly clever Summer wouldn't be able to sit down with Billy and come up with some plan to pay back the Stepford couple. Does she honestly think the only way forward is to be a surrogate - it makes zero sense. Did she also expect Aaron, her young boyfriend of about 3 months to just continue to clench his jaw and go along with it. Run Aaron, run for the hills.

Some actress yer wan is, ruining a production to get her own back on a 90 year old who maybe didn't handle a situation perfectly. He hardly strung them both along. I thought it would be quite nice for ancient Kenneth to have a bit of romance in his twilight years. Maybe there'll be a new lady that he can woo with his newfound humility.

Looking forward to Brian & Mary as a couple - should be good for a laugh.

Daisy won't have cancer - they can't do that to Daniel again but it is more a story to encourage women to go to the doctor if they have any worries.

Wish they'd ever get on with the Eco-Warrior to Jack-Booted fascist story ... Spider loitering around like a lemon, squinting every time Gryff talks to Max . Manchester police aren't exactly getting bang for their buck there.

And Stephen, well Stephen is actually giving me much joy with his hokey smell the fart acting and ludicrous storyline - looking forward to it being ramped up over the festive season. I reckon Leo's Dad will come back into it to remind Jenny of his existence and some drama will ensue.

just when you thought Corrie institution Ken was going ..... he's not! 😒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the Summer story would turn people to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have there been any believable or relatable stories in Corrie over the last few months. Most of them are tedious and badly played out. Unconvincing Griff, nobody setting Max in the right direction, anything to do with Stephen, Hope and her killer dad, the silly play and as you say the ridiculous Summer storylines. Its been abysmal.

• Advertisement

Why can't Simon (Si) ... [sigh indeed].... get a job in Freshco's ? Or did it close ?

Its hardly any wonder everyone on Coronation street is broke if they always eat out and shop in Devindra's mini market or the newsagents. Go to the super market, ye eijits 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

There’s a Co Op up the cobbles & nobody seems to use it!

And the co-op are paying for the advertisement lol at-least Argos is getting what it’s paying for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

He has a fine head of hair for a guy thats fast approaching 100... better than mine and I'm half his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

That Griff fella reminds me of the lead actor in Love/Hate. Can't remember his name and one of his gang is the spiting image of Andy Farrell.

I have missed some episodes but as someone said above it is absolutely abysmal. In last night's episode someone stole a van and from nowhere Copper Craig springs into action. Meanwhile no-one gives a sh1t about finding Leo or his killer.

he has indeed ... though what the connection with that and he is poor at delivering lines now as an actor and maybe should have retired long by now, I cannot tie up the two together 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Yeah, he's like a panto villain version of Nidge. At least Tom Vaughen Lawlor made you scared of his character. Griff is so unconvincing I think Rita could take him down on a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Ken should have been retired ages ago. I think it’s the fact that he is the longest serving actor on the show (and possibly any soap worldwide) and the fact that he was in the very first episode that makes him immune from the chop. He was convincing ages ago, but his slurred speech and poor delivery is now marring his legacy as the big beast of soap. You could say he’s got a fine head of hair, but he rarely gets it cut and wears it like a beatnik from the 70’s. And I can’t for the life of me can’t figure out how Ken manages to have two women on the go in his nineties, and no doubt more love interests getting lined up as we speak. He’s hardly rich, lives in a tiny house, has had a stroke, has myriad oddball offspring by several different women, and seems to live a rather boring life. Yet the ladies can’t seem to be able to get enough of him !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She may yet, following up by leading a sing song of 'We'll meet again'.

Glad they are giving Daisy something to do. She is a lot better actress than they have let her show so far.

Please God let Stephen and his 'I smell a bad fart, is it mine?' acting method get his comeuppance soon. All the better if it is at the hands of Gail.

Advertisement