Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DT2016

We had entire storyline of Joseph not getting any attention and wanting to move to Spain with his nana. I wish Gemma and Chesney would leave I really dislike them especially Gemma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Kalimah

God Gemma is god awful rough. I’d love to know where they get the awful clothes for her!

Wonder what the actress is like in real life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

nothing like her character I read in a piece once in a magazine - very quiet , and does knitting on the set in between takes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭prunudo

They seem to have turned up her chav characteristics lately, definitely louder and more in your face than she had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah Dolly Rose Campbell is the actor and any pictures you Google of her are gorgeous, completely different to Gemma! She must be morto wearing the "Gemma" gear and makeup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The other night when she thought Chesney didn’t want to marry her and she said “who could be better than me” in shock was great. I think she is a good character and they should give her better storylines than just harping on about the quads constantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't understand why they stopped using the quads as a money maker. If they are as stuck as we are supposed to believe, you'd think they'd have them in the Gazette advertising anything and everything weekly.

You’re right I googled her! She lovely looking.

So Beth did slap hope, she deserved it!

Unfortunately it's probably going to prolong the little brat storyline as she will bribe Beth to keep her quiet.

• Advertisement

How is she going to bribe Beth if now no-one is believing what Hope says any more . Hope would need evidence for someone to believe her now because she has lied so often

Not sure, its soapland so it will be far fetched either way. Just the way Beth gave her money to get sweets made me think they'll drag it out.

they might drag it out - I think maybe someone will overhear a conversation one day between Beth and Hope and Jope telling Beth that she will keep quiet about the slap if she gives her some more sweets (or money) and then the person overhearing will go straight to Fiz and tell Fiz what they heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nick trying the Frank Reynolds tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Devindra, please stop with the overacting !!

Evelyn is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Dev has always fancied himself as a bit of a lothario over the years. His wife that died (the kids mother) was very attractive.

So what in the name of God does he see, or is he supposed to see, in Bernie?? She’s unattractive, uncouth, a loudmouth , and dresses like a bag lady most of the time. As a couple they just don’t work, so what were the writers thinking when they put them together? Was it purely for the supposed comic effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I suddenly realised why Corrie has not been irritating me as much lately ... Summer's not been in it!

Carla great ain’t she, what’s going on with Barlow house and the scaffolding

In the soap, its supposed to be that Tracy needed the roof repaired but had a falling out with the builders over money so they refused to take it down.

But in reality wonder is it due to the real world building of this new set with extra shops and space we keep hearing about.

• Advertisement

Yeah, its just an oddball relationship that doesn't make sense

Would anyone trust DeeDee, the most accident prone, forgetful and disorganised solicitor ever?

I find the two desk office ridiculously small for a solicitors office where they need to have at least one meeting room. Maybe it's like the coronation st houses of tardis quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

But her mother’s a fully qualified nurse!! Fully qualified I tell you!

I like DeeDee but her stick of forgetting everything is getting old fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Sean seems to be totally wrapped up in himself.

Instead of unloading and sharing all his romantic miseries on his young son wouldn't he be better off having a kick around in the local green with him.

Sean's storylines just go on repeat. I was expecting something bigger with his son now a permanent character, but he just seems like a random addition so far.

Sean has been on Corrie for ages, but has never really got any decent storyline.... he's a nothing character, there for diversity box ticking purposes. Now, that we have Summers' three gay daddies..... Sean you are the weakest link, GOODBYE ✌️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Story involving Amy and Aaron.

Coronation Street is to tackle the issue of non-consensual sex with a storyline involving the characters of Amy and Aaron.

In an episode that will air on Friday 3rd March viewers will see a drunk Amy and Aaron kiss whilst back at the flat they share after his row with girlfriend Summer. They’ll then move into the bedroom where Amy starts to undress before admitting she feels sick and rolling away from him. Aaron continues to kiss Amy who is unaware of what happens next as he makes the decision for her that they will have sex. It won’t be until the next day that a horrified Amy discovers how far things went the night before.

As Amy struggles with her emotions, coming to the realisation that she wasn’t able to consent to sex and was raped, Aaron tries to convince her that they both wanted it to happen and he did nothing wrong.

With family and friends and then the police becoming involved, we see the different reactions and understandings of non consensual sexual activity as both teens battle with what happened that night.

Advertisement