Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Don't ever go to the continent - cafes and restaurants are full of dogs sitting quietly beside and under tables while their owners eat. We even have some dog friendly establishments in Ireland now - including, shock horror, in Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Was at the vet one time and another customer was there with his Labrador/Boxer cross who had managed to eat a full bag of raisins!! Vet sorted him out and dog recovered.

my dog eats anything and everything… Would be dreading the day we have to say goodbye. Deffo man’s best friend. I was in tears watching the episode tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I remember the same storyline a few years ago with Chesney and his Great Dane Schmeichel- that had me crying as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Evelyn did great in acting the part as did Roy. Can you imagine other actors doing that part. Sean, Fiz, Izzy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭apache

Ah yeah just watching it now. Evelyn and Cerberus play the part very well. Very sad......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I couldnt watch it all - we had one of our dogs put down a year ago and was in there when the vet give the injection to put himto sleep - nah that was too close to home tonight to watch them parts in that episode

Yeah i know - I dont agree with it all the same (any animals) personally ... thats just my personal view they should not be allowed in eating establishments at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭apache

Evelyn is being very harsh to Roy. It was an accident. She should forgive him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah poor Evelyn, great acting tonight. I would also be of the opinion that the dog should not have been in the cafe, open or closed and the owner should be 100% responsible for what the dog eats, no matter where they are.

Dogs have played big parts in soaps, I had forgotten that Tyrone had a greyhound too. Evelyn won't be the same without Cerberus.

One part of me thinks that she will forgive Roy as time goes on and that (oddly) I could see them as a couple (well I did before this all happened at least) ... but then again I thought I read Evylnn was leaving corrie though so I could be wrong.

As (what really could happen in soap land) I would love Nina to go to outside bin and say "see Roy , stop beating yourself up! - this is said eccles cake and there is not a bite out of it ... so it was not your fault!, I thought I swept it up " and that cerberus kidney packed up because he was just old ... coincidence maybe , but still..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DT2016

Ah lads I had to pause Corrie my boyfriend was in bits. He lost his dog after 14 years a few years back, still hurts him. Cuddle and a cry and he was ok again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know the dog dying is sadder than the characters dying.

When Schmeichel died it also got a huge reaction. I can't believe it's nearly twelve years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The Evelyn/ Cerberus farewell scene was heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Heartbreaking scenes with Evelyn and Cerberus.

The dog who plays Cerberus was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Also, Evelyn can't put all the blame on Roy. If she had brought Cerberus to the vet straight away when she noticed he was unwell, they could have induced vomiting and gotten the eccles cake out before he had digested it and it had damaged his organs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Seems very odd, that Roy who clearly has/had OCD would allow a dog (non guide) into his cafe..... odder still, that Roy would drop an Eccles cake on the floor and then just leave it there. C'mon Corrie writers, don't insult us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Surely Roy can’t be blamed. Cerberus kidneys must have been in a poor way anyway

love Evelyn she trumps them all as an actor. The scenes with Ope are great too

i hope roy and Evelyn can get past this - they were good companions before all this , even though they werent together as such , you could see certain looks that evelyn gave as she walked away from him in other scenes before that she had some kind of fondness for him , even though of course she would not ever ever let on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DT2016

They’ll feud for a bit and get together wait and see. I always said they’d make a nice couple but as companions only. Roy is soft and Evelyn is tough so no one would mess with Roy anymore plus he’s like a grandad to the kids and helped raised both Fiz & Ty they’d make a nice little family.

true - I reckon she was so worried that the Vet would put down Cerberus because he was old and was avoiding it for that reason , coming up with excuses why she did not want to take him and even not wanting to face the inevitable when the vet phoned her up to tell her to come back in thinking that cerberus was fine ... whereas in the end the inevitable happened anyway and poor cerberus had to be put down anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Says something about a show when a dog can out-act half the cast members!

I still maintain they drugged / tranqualised that Cerberus actor dog for the show on those parts - that weren't acting 😁

Paul

will be diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I could see something happening all right.

I think Hollyoaks did something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭prunudo

I thought it could be heading that direction alright, will be interesting to see how they carry it off. Wouldn't have thought as an actor he was strong enough to pull it off. But time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Some interesting trivia.

In ancient Greek legend Cerberus was the three-headed hound of Haides which guarded the gates of the underworld

The Irish film "Man about Dog" also had a greyhound named Cerberus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭littlevillage

NO.... It bloody well will not be interesting, it'll be the same cack as Summer's diabetes (angry face emoji)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭prunudo

Well, in Summers case she can learn to live with diabetes, Paul's illness won't have the same outcome.

Advertisement