Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭maurv2

That mother of Daisy is an awful card, as my granny would say about someone deeply unpleasant.

Peter can be a bit of a scumbag as he demonstrated tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think Coronation Street did Hayley's illness and death well, Aidan's suicide and it's aftermath also going back to Alma's death.

Similar with Emmerdale Ashley's illness and death and Faith well all done very well.

I think they'll research this very well and it should be good. I do think it will be tough viewing because I think there is a real fear around MND.

I don't think the writers were that pushed around Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I think totally out of character that Paul did not 'scam' the 15grand out of Peter, over the years Paul has been a bit of a scallywag in more ways than one - I dunno, maybe settling down with vicar billy and having a proper job might have mellowed him but in a way I was so hoping that the storyline would branch out to Peter giving him the 15grand ... then finding out that Pauls diagnosis wasnt anything to do with Carla knocking him off the bike to Peter wondering what is he going to do? - take the money back off a sick and dying paul , peter knowing he has MND?

And at the end of the day , what happens now? carla was told not to drive the van, she drove the van knowingly she knew she shouldnt have in that state , many warned her ... she still took it and she still at the end of the day knocked Paul off the bike ... even though Paul's diagnosis has nothing whatsoever it turns out to be that she drove the van against advice and still knocked him off ... are there no consequences of that what so ever then? - what if she had run over a child or someone else , driving in that state?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DT2016

Poor Paul tragic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

This story with Roy and Evelyn about the dog is so stupid. A typical example of the writers picking on something to get milage for a few episodes.

Same with Daisy and her bloody wedding. It's endless guff. It's one reason the programme is so weak.

• Advertisement

if you don't like it you can easily fast-forward it i suppose .... or switch it off and watch/do something else. i regularly do this on soaps where I dont like a particular story or character(s) - I record it down on sky , then I fast forward the bits I dont like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Summer and Billy should go off on holiday and not be so much part of Paul's storyline, more concentrate on Paul with Bernie and Gemma, maybe bring in the father also, I was hoping for a "romance" for Todd and Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭apache

Ah as a dog lover I thought that was a great storyline. Well done I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DT2016

Todd I think does have feeling for him. I’d rather Billy go then Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Very dramatic opening!!

• Advertisement

I don't like daisy's over-acting tonight - gonna make it hard feeling sorry for her (of course though she does not deserve what's coming) - she is a nightmare in this tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Took Daisy quite a while to squirt all over Ryan's face, geez, need to get in there fast with the water after an acid attack

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is quite horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Horrific! Did the acid get Daisy at all? It all happened so fast, I wasn't sure. I thought when she was on the floor she had been burnt too but no sign of it now.

I wonder is poor Ryan being written out?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Didn't see that coming. Great acting tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭prunudo

Regardless of whether she got hit initially or on the floor you'd imagine that they'd take off the wedding dress and give herself fresh clothes instead of those possible soaked in acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A splash on her clothes and shoulder, poor Ryan got the tidal wave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Blimey . . Horrornation Street.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

Oh I was so hoping Daisy keyed that feckers face in the car!

• Advertisement

Obviously don't say where, and I'm niave to ask, but I would have thought any randomer couldn't get their hands on even small quantity of acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Just buy a car battery and you have acid. Anyone can have access to acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Really well acted episode even though it was a horrific story. I wonder is Ryan still going to leave.

saw a TV thing about in in UK , someone just went into DIY shop and bought a bottle of acid as easy as anything.

Last year we had a blocked drain , I got some Caustic soda , had gloves on and mixed it with water and a bit went past my glove and onto my skin ... just a little drop it was excruciating so can just imagine what it be like chucked at your face! -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michelle and the doctor son brother surely will return for Ryan now

Suppose, i never thought of that, horrific thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Jeff2

You can get delivered from an Irish website as I did last year.

2 things ... Abbey lets Daisy go to hospital on her own!?!

Daisy go's outside and neither Danial or Jenny go out with her - that was daft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Really enjoyed tonight's episode such a power story and good acting.

You also had the Amy story going on in the background.

Slight elements of humour as well.

It really shows up Fair City. Inknow budgets/etc are different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Tonight’s episode felt horrifically real. I thought they did it very well. Brilliant work.

Advertisement